• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Place to Discuss Orcs & Gobblins

DeletedUser2753

Back to Orcs, after being so rudely sideswiped by the AW fiasco upgrade. ..

I finally placed my first rally point after a long wait, and have 20 farms working, 4 have Psycoshroon in the pipeline all others are hards. My questions are:
  • What is my next more? switch to psychos, or keep making hards etc.
  • Did I overbuild farms for one rally point?
  • Do we have a strategy or guidelines we can develop and share?

DeletedUser43

This is the best advice I can come up with right now...make as many shroom farms as you can first and set them all for hardshrooms. Make as many hardsrhooms as you need for the number of rally points you want AND for your first upgrade on the portal. THEN make your rally points.

I don't think you can too many of any of it. You can't have too many farms. You can't really have too many rally points. You need a ton of everything.

DeletedUser1053

I have been reading fantasy and playing rpg's for 30+ years. Orcs are often presented in a similar manner. They are usually violent and brutish. Forgotten realms does show them as slaves at times. They also show possibilities and there is a philosophical debate within the Drizzt books. They do tend to eat a lot of shrooms. In Middle Earth, they were created from captured elves that were tortured and twisted by experiments.

I bring this up for this reason. Yes, many people have issues with slavery, I hope. And there are legitimate issues with drug use. However, by ignoring that it exists and being political censors, this can increase the ability for problems to occur again. And this is not about politics, but freedom of speech. Everyone has the right to freedom of speech. However, there are consequences, and a private company such as inno has the right to censor what it will just as people have a right to be unhappy with it.

All that being said, fantasy and sci-fi have been used for many years to highlight many issues within our society that could not be presented and accepted if in a realistic fiction setting. Maybe Inno has a plan for this upcoming. We don't know. I will choose to continue to play optimistically with the hope that the dark issues some have brought to light will be handled in the future. I choose not to cry foul every time something may be interpreted negatively. I think too many people talk past each other. Hopefully we can have honest dialogue here about the gameplay issues.

I know some may not like what I have said, including some I respect here in the forum. I am fine with that. I have issues with the gameplay of the orcs. Let us focus on that as I hope I did in a different thread started by BobbyKitty.

DeletedUser1349

no one jumped in to reply to my how many orc buildings do we need ~ ballpark guestimate? so asking again you beta pros.

while waiting for armories to unlock, then rally points, i have built 20 shroom farms, since they are cheap at L1 and started the hording of hardshrooms. i think i read on both forums at least 2 armories (i have 4 ready to upgrade), and a "few" rally points. thankx in advance!

DeletedUser627

no one jumped in to reply to my how many orc buildings do we need ~ ballpark guestimate? so asking again you beta pros.

while waiting for armories to unlock, then rally points, i have built 20 shroom farms, since they are cheap at L1 and started the hording of hardshrooms. i think i read on both forums at least 2 armories (i have 4 ready to upgrade), and a "few" rally points. thankx in advance!

Everyone is playing different, it seems. I have 14shrooms and only 1 rally. Since only 4 of my shrooms are at level 2, I couldn't keep another rally busy if i tried, except to make the first production. I might be missing something, but it's quite convoluted to produce the goods needed for research.

DeletedUser1349

Everyone is playing different, it seems. I have 14shrooms and only 1 rally. Since only 4 of my shrooms are at level 2, I couldn't keep another rally busy if i tried, except to make the first production. I might be missing something, but it's quite convoluted to produce the goods needed for research.
this slowness is probably a good thing, cuz we relatively raced through the other races. up to 30 shroom farms now. thankx!

DeletedUser1016

I know some may not like what I have said, including some I respect here in the forum. I am fine with that. I have issues with the gameplay of the orcs. Let us focus on that as I hope I did in a different thread started by BobbyKitty.

....Seems all very reasonable Riggs....I like what you have to say and how you said it...:)

DeletedUser43

I now have 66 shroom farms and 4 rally points on Arendyll. I'm sure not producing more than I need!

Maz Mellor

All that being said, fantasy and sci-fi have been used for many years to highlight many issues within our society that could not be presented and accepted if in a realistic fiction setting. Maybe Inno has a plan for this upcoming.

Well, if they didn't before, I hope they do now—or will soon. ;)

DeletedUser3116

I have been reading some of these discussions, but none have really touched on the question I came in here with. You probably have to research the aspects of this Orcs and Goblins phase, but are you required to place anything and actually play this phase, or is it something (like other quests) you can opt to decline, just not place, and go on to another phase of the game?

DeletedUser3575

@MsScarlet I think the issue with answering your question is that there isn't another phase of the game yet. No one knows if the Orc buildings are frivolous or necessary because there's no "other side" yet on the research tree!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There was talk of a new guest race when they talk about the battle redesign but no information on it other than there is one. Either way one would expect you still need to go through orcs to get there as you couldn't skip fairies to get to orcs from dwarves.

DeletedUser3312

I do not like the storyline in the least. I find it offensive. There is no humor in drugging a person and making them a slave to suit ones fancy. Having grandparents that were subjected to war camps it's not funny in the least. Only a sick minded person would see humor in it.

DeletedUser43

I completely agree Jewess. It is really awful that on the beta server, they don't even understand why we are upset about the storyline. I think I might find that the most offensive part of this all.

DeletedUser3312

fiction and fantasy can become reality oh to often and so easy... a little bit at a time. Never Again will my people trust governments. smiles