• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Ads Feedback thread

defiantoneks

while i dont generally like having ads in game, as long as they remain a click-to-open format, giving me the option to ignore, i'm ok with it.
i like the opportunity to get some free perks for a few seconds of my time, if i so choose. now, if these become random opening at any time, take over the game/screen ads, the adblocker will be employed.

Tosyda

Re: the recent addition of multiple/recurring, and potentially dangerous ads, into our daily Elvenar game play! I have just checked out possible ways to hopefully eliminate the recurring advertizement prompt(s) now found in my Elvenar's Trading Center game display, which has now been newly designed to have Elvenar gamers "view multiple internet ads"... after complying with the Elvenar Game's request for it's gamers to "remove, or disable, their detected internet ad blockers"... thereby enabling the Elvenar game interface to display these multiple recurring, and unwanted ads! Unfortunately, I was not able to find a way to permanently disable, or remove, these apparently now permanent & recuring ad prompts from within the Elvenar gaming interface. After wasting Elvenar "gaming time" by displaying and/or declining multiple Elvenar ads, the Elvenar "ad prompt button", located in the Trading Center, then transformed into a "6 hour" delay timer... afterwhich more additional ads would again become available for the Elvenar gamer to display. As a long time Elvenar gamer, currently playing multiple cities in Chapter 17, I find the inclusion of these recurring daily ads to be not only undesirable, but very offensive to the loyal Elvenar gaming community. To display these unwanted ads, Elvenar gamers must actually "disable any detected internet browser ad blockers"... and thereby open up their vulnerable personal internet phones, tablets, laptops, and/or PCs to the potentially dangerous possibilities of getting unwanted cookies, ad trackers, malware, ransomware, phishing attacks and/or even eventual personal identity theft attacks, from the unending number any internet "bad actors" who desire to take advantage of an internet user's personal internet devices. Unfortunately, if an internet user just intends to disable their "internet browser's ad blocking protections", to enable the display of ads from only within the Elvenar Gaming Interface, that unsuspecting internet user may also be completely removing, and eliminating, ALL of their internet brower's ad blocking portections, from ALL of the internet sites they visit, during ALL of their future internet browsing activities. Some may say to "just ignore" these unwanted ads, that have been newly inserted into the "daily" Elvenar Gaming Interface, however, I am hopeful that Innogames may respect the privacy and security of it's loyal Elvenar gaming community, and in a future response to concerns from it's own Elvenar gaming community members, will consider the option of a permanent removal of these recurring ad prompts that require it's Elvenar gamers to disable their "detected internet ad blockers" from within the otherwise ... Very Excellent Elvenar Gaming Interface! :)
Well written, thank you. I hope INNO pays attention to your comments.

Flashfyre

What a society of complainers we've become...now people complain about completely optional features in a game. A game produced by a company that just recently laid off a good portion of its workforce, due in no small part to a reduction in revenue and/or increased operating costs. And which is offered as a FtP game, with the OPTION to spend real money for a more enjoyable gaming experience. But, due to a serious lack of PAYING CUSTOMERS, that company is now forced to find other revenue streams. So now there are OPTIONAL ad watching choices sprinkled within the game, which DON'T COST ANYTHING TO WATCH OR TO IGNORE.

<eyes rolled so hard I saw the back of my skull>

Pro Tip: Don't like it, Don't click it.

defiantoneks

company is now forced to find other revenue streams.
RIGHT. someone previously asked how does this benefit INNO: well, it's like "free" television. It's paid for by someone, and in OTA tv that means advertisers pay for some of the time rather than the viewer paying to watch the program. If you want a game, someone has to pay to keep the lights on and you're opting for the advertisers to do it instead of you.

BrinDarby

But, due to a serious lack of PAYING CUSTOMERS, that company is now forced to find other revenue streams.
Or by the actions of the company and/or systemic game
"features" that, over time, result in a diminishing revenue
stream all by itself..... causing kneejerk reactions that as
all too many times, tends to ruin profitable games.....

8 years is a long time, especially for those players who
joined in the 1st year... Ive been here 3-4 years, but in the
last 2 years I've noticed ( to me ) illogical changes.
To display these unwanted ads, Elvenar gamers must actually "disable any detected internet browser ad blockers"... and thereby open up their vulnerable personal internet phones, tablets, laptops, and/or PCs to the potentially dangerous possibilities of getting unwanted cookies, ad trackers, malware, ransomware, phishing attacks and/or even eventual personal identity theft attacks, from the unending number any internet "bad actors" who desire to take advantage of an internet user's personal internet devices.
Didn't everyone it seems ditch Flash for HTML5 for this very
reason, Security ?? Doesn't EU law try to protect privacy so
much so that simple info cannot be gotten on players in FSs ??
If so, how can Inno then tell players they must give up some of
thier protections, only to turn over security/privacy to 3rd partys ??

We have multiple threads about different aspects of the game
that seem to be on a downward trajectory, even with so called
additions to the game and beneficial changes. I get it, the forum
is only a slice of the overall community, but when logical concerns
are brought up by the playerbase, and ignored or patently dismiss'd,
then the playerbase is left to wonder why.....

Allowing ingame ads, is allowing a pipe to open to all the evil that
the internet has to offer. It also allows xtra tracking and depends on it
to be effective.... If you don't know how to run a F2P game, please
Please..... let someone who does,,, run it...... Please, because it seems
Inno now wants it to be a P2P game, subscriptions/ads/nerfs and the
cardinal sin ( in my book ) allowing up to 8 :diamond: farms per player "And"
allowing what to most companies, is multi-accounting..... will ruin
this game longterm and might already be doing so.....

What really kills me is by downsizing the devs/staff, unintended
consequences due to changes.... aren't being address'd, because
that would involve xtra staff or Inno "listening" to thier community
when those exact concerns are voiced.

Dew Spinner

Re: the recent addition of multiple/recurring, and potentially dangerous ads, into our daily Elvenar game play! I have just checked out possible ways to hopefully eliminate the recurring advertizement prompt(s) now found in my Elvenar's Trading Center game display, which has now been newly designed to have Elvenar gamers "view multiple internet ads"... after complying with the Elvenar Game's request for it's gamers to "remove, or disable, their detected internet ad blockers"... thereby enabling the Elvenar game interface to display these multiple recurring, and unwanted ads! Unfortunately, I was not able to find a way to permanently disable, or remove, these apparently now permanent & recuring ad prompts from within the Elvenar gaming interface. After wasting Elvenar "gaming time" by displaying and/or declining multiple Elvenar ads, the Elvenar "ad prompt button", located in the Trading Center, then transformed into a "6 hour" delay timer... afterwhich more additional ads would again become available for the Elvenar gamer to display. As a long time Elvenar gamer, currently playing multiple cities in Chapter 17, I find the inclusion of these recurring daily ads to be not only undesirable, but very offensive to the loyal Elvenar gaming community. To display these unwanted ads, Elvenar gamers must actually "disable any detected internet browser ad blockers"... and thereby open up their vulnerable personal internet phones, tablets, laptops, and/or PCs to the potentially dangerous possibilities of getting unwanted cookies, ad trackers, malware, ransomware, phishing attacks and/or even eventual personal identity theft attacks, from the unending number any internet "bad actors" who desire to take advantage of an internet user's personal internet devices. Unfortunately, if an internet user just intends to disable their "internet browser's ad blocking protections", to enable the display of ads from only within the Elvenar Gaming Interface, that unsuspecting internet user may also be completely removing, and eliminating, ALL of their internet brower's ad blocking portections, from ALL of the internet sites they visit, during ALL of their future internet browsing activities. Some may say to "just ignore" these unwanted ads, that have been newly inserted into the "daily" Elvenar Gaming Interface, however, I am hopeful that Innogames may respect the privacy and security of it's loyal Elvenar gaming community, and in a future response to concerns from it's own Elvenar gaming community members, will consider the option of a permanent removal of these recurring ad prompts that require it's Elvenar gamers to disable their "detected internet ad blockers" from within the otherwise ... Very Excellent Elvenar Gaming Interface! :)
They haven't removed them from their other games and will not remove them from this game either.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
What a society of complainers we've become...now people complain about completely optional features in a game. A game produced by a company that just recently laid off a good portion of its workforce, due in no small part to a reduction in revenue and/or increased operating costs. And which is offered as a FtP game, with the OPTION to spend real money for a more enjoyable gaming experience. But, due to a serious lack of PAYING CUSTOMERS, that company is now forced to find other revenue streams. So now there are OPTIONAL ad watching choices sprinkled within the game, which DON'T COST ANYTHING TO WATCH OR TO IGNORE.

<eyes rolled so hard I saw the back of my skull>

Pro Tip: Don't like it, Don't click it.

This about covers what I had to say about this. Thank you for saving me a bunch of typing :)

I do want to add that nobody in my FS has gotten a message to turn off their ad blocker or popup blocker.

Now carry on with the insulting of paying players on this forum :mad: News Flash! Spending doesn't have anything to do with not playing all aspects of the game. Spending is mostly due to impatient players who want the game to move forward at a more comfortable pace from their prospective. Another News Flash! Paying players who have multiple accounts does not preclude the alts spending also. I have both alts and family members in game that I support. Those cities all also buy diamonds on a regular basis. Not one complaint here that Inno has taken measures to ensure that they remain a viable, profitable company.

Sprite1313

RIGHT. someone previously asked how does this benefit INNO: well, it's like "free" television.
Pretty sure what @Iyapo was referencing was "how does the suggestion to allow players to disable ads for free" benefit Inno. The answer, of course, is that it doesn't.

Personally, I find this ad format relatively non-intrusive. I am not bombarded with an ad every time I open a menu option; I don't have to sit through a two-minute video when I first open the game; they haven't replaced the beautiful load screens with ads - it is still Elvenar art. Yes, I get a notification that "there is treasure in this city" or "an incident has occurred" (yup, different verbiage on mobile vs browser) and I can choose either to click on the icon or ignore it.

As to the risk of malware - as with anything these days, each user must decide how much risk they want to run with playing third party ads.

If the ads keep the game a viable option, and mean that Inno will continue making Elvenar available (and mostly FtP for so many of the players) than I am happy to have little film reels around my city.

I do agree with one thing somebody mentioned in game - change the icons from a film reel to something more "Elvenar" - a fancy scroll, maybe (or, to satisfy the unhappy players - a mushroom or a pile of orc manure).

getmomo

What will happen in events that you pick stuff up around your city? Will the ads around the city still be happening when the event is active so you have ads and event currency to pick up?

Sprite1313

What will happen in events that you pick stuff up around your city? Will the ads around the city still be happening when the event is active so you have ads and event currency to pick up?
Yes.

Event Currency.png

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I do agree with one thing somebody mentioned in game - change the icons from a film reel to something more "Elvenar" - a fancy scroll, maybe (or, to satisfy the unhappy players - a mushroom or a pile of orc manure).
This is why I stopped playing FoE. It’s like why does my city in the colonial era have a 19th century blimp ship? Why are we suddenly playing football (both types) or celebrating St. Patrick’s Day? At least Elvenar events stick to the theme. Maybe Chap 21’s settlement portal will give humans acetate film technologies from unnamed civilization of guest races.

Mostly, I feel like this is a more realistic portrayal of what happens when most of us travel back in time to dish our superior knowledge though. I look forward to our ChatGPT AI overlords.

id-love-to-go-back-in-time-and-blow-peoples-minds-with-my-incredible-knowledge-but-how-do-you-make-this-electricity-i-dont-know.jpg

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@mucksterme Wow! You usually aren't like this so I'm guessing a bad day? Just personal experience tells me that when any company is in flux, like Elvenar is now, their employees are under much greater than normal stress. So can't we cut the Elvenar staff a break so they can catch their breath and things settle down into whatever the new normal is?

I also wonder what in the world would prompt an attack on Germans. I've been there multiple times and the folks there were nothing but nice & helpful. 80 years ago is a very long time!! I bet back then nobody even imagined you or me :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Inno is company. It accepts my money when I purchase diamonds and other items. Why exactly should I give them a break in poor delivery of their product and a total lack of response to customer service issues?

I will gladly pay to be ad free, if they ever offer it for my own protection and because ads annoy me. I take no issue with Inno adding revenue streams to boost the biz, but I do take issue with the lack of forethought... When introducing the ads format, it would have been just plain old good business to offer an ad free option.

My question. I've disabled adblock on elvenar and innogames, but still get the message telling me to disable adblock. Do I need to whitelist an intermediate site? I'm guessing there's a third party involved. Fully disabling adblock is not an option, as I have multiple tabs/windows open.

My 2¢ on the change. So there's a new button that's easily ignored. For those who don't like it, I just don't see the [MOD EDIT] big deal. As for me, I plan on using it when I have time (if I can get it to work), not for the reward but as a cheap and easy way to help support the game in addition to the diamonds I purchased.

Last edited by a moderator: