• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

All 10 Chests In Tourney?

DeletedUser2388

I'm curious how many FS are getting all ten chests each week in tournaments. I joined Lunatics With Weapons on the Khelonaar server and we have hit the mark every week. They already had it down to a science. Judging by the rankings there are a couple other guilds on this server that might have as well but I thought I'd ask.

So if your guild gets all ten give a shout out and if so how many weeks in a row? Khelonaar in particular but if your guild is rocking tourneys on another server feel free to give them props here because I know a lot of folks play multiple servers.

DeletedUser5776

On Elycsander the FS I'm in, Forged in Fire, hit 10 chests in 5 of the last 7 tournaments (Marble, Steel, Planks, Silk, Elixir). In the last two we were 3000+ points over 10th chest, I think :). I personally think it'd be cool if you could see FS-based tournament rankings; if can right now I can't figure it out.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
What's the science?
It's an expression:
have something down to a science
to be able to manage all the details of doing something very well "We have traffic management at the new stadium down to a science."

I personally think it'd be cool if you could see FS-based tournament rankings
Yes please! It would also be a great way to find like-minded players.

DeletedUser2388

What's the science?

Soggy Shorts stated it beautifully. (they usually do)

For the most part everybody competes in LWW each week and like running a marathon nobody wins if they never run the race. In my old FS there were only 5 folks that made around 1.5-2k per week and a LOT of folks scoring around 30 just to get on the boards and get the rewards which was frustrating. It's so much nicer when everybody pulls their weight because it means getting all ten chests instead of five. That 75 kp bonus is a game changer for leveling your AWs! The folks I talk to in the old FS are envious and want to defect lol.

edeba

Not everyone is interested in doing the tournament even with the reward prizes. We recently had 3 leave because they did not want the pressure of the tournament.

DeletedUser4195

Not everyone is interested in doing the tournament even with the reward prizes. We recently had 3 leave because they did not want the pressure of the tournament.

...and that's their option...don't join a fellowship that requires you to compete in the tournaments if you don't like competing.

everybody competes in LWW

That's why we get 10 chests every week!

folks scoring around 30 just to get on the boards and get the rewards which was frustrating.

There's a word for that, it's called leeching. Do you really want to be in a fellowship with people like that?

SoggyShorts

@Breann
This is why we need FS ranking for tournaments imo. Like it or not FST are a big part of the game, and being able to see how other FS are doing in them could help players find other players who are like-minded. (and hey, bragging rights, no?)

Or at least some way of searching for a FS that wants players like you. Starting with a random FS from the ranks and reading each overview page until you find one that fits is a terrible system. How great would it be if players could click a "find FS" button, and only FS that are looking for your boosts/rank/whatever would show up?

DeletedUser4195

This is why we need FS ranking for tournaments imo. Like it or not FST are a big part of the game, and being able to see how other FS are doing in them could help players find other players who are like-minded. (and hey, bragging rights, no?)

Or at least some way of searching for a FS that wants players like you. Starting with a random FS from the ranks and reading each overview page until you find one that fits is a terrible system. How great would it be if players could click a "find FS" button, and only FS that are looking for your boosts/rank/whatever would show up?

Strange...I find myself agreeing with you...I'm not used to that! :p

DeletedUser1390

Has anyone made note of the sequence of Tournaments (by Goods)? Is it a fixed rotation?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Has anyone made note of the sequence of Tournaments (by Goods)? Is it a fixed rotation?

Yes it is fixed, below is extracted from https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-tournaments.4014/

Tournament_Order.jpg

There are definitely fellowships that hit 10 every week or most weeks. I have a neighbour on US1 whose fellowship I am sure hits it every week, they usually have several members in the top 10 on the server and lots in top 100 scores.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1390

Many thanks, Mykan, all very helpful. So simple, it's just the basic sequence of goods in the Main Hall and elsewhere - can't believe I didn't notice this!o_O It must have changed for the new tournament system, right? Cuz I remember it always alternating tiers from week to week before, didn't bother to pay attention lately!

And yes, on my server (us4) the top fellowship hits 10 chests every week. I'm in the #2 fellowship and we are getting closer.

Actually further on this topic, is there any indication at all when there might be a use for the blueprints added for non-premium players? Obviously this remains the main obstacle to increased participation, lack of incentive (beyond pride and another 15KP) for non-diamond players to make the extra effort.

SoggyShorts

It must have changed for the new tournament system, right? Cuz I remember it always alternating tiers from week to week before,
Nope it's been like this for the 12 months I've been playing:)
, is there any indication at all when there might be a use for the blueprints added for non-premium players? Obviously this remains the main obstacle to increased participation
Sadly nothing new on this yet.

Aritra

Winyandor: I joined a casual/no-pressure FS because I didn't want the pressure to make quota (even if it wasn't explicit). Then I wound up being much more aggressively active than I expected (I had always intended to pull my weight, not leech). We don't usually hit ten, but we're casual so its fine. Periodically we'll have a push week with intention to get it (there has only been one push week since I joined and we got it). Since I joined six-ish weeks ago (feels longer, lol, time passes differently in Elvenar), I think we average seven, but I honestly haven't kept track.

Last edited: