• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

All 10 Chests In Tourney?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I joined The Knights of Good on Sinya Arda a few months ago and we've made 10 chests every week. Since the tournament changed, we make 12 chests every week, and rarely 13. We always do at least silver in spire and rarely, we do gold. Overall it's been a great fit, and I'm quite happy there. We have a 1000 minimum on tourney. If people want a casual fs, ours is probably not suited to them. We're competitive and have great teamwork. Everyone wants to help everyone else. We encourage everyone to go as far as they can in spire, but at least bronze, for sure. (Right now we have 9, I think, including moi, at the top and most others between high halls and lab.) And we were also number one on the server for the last FA and we're certainly going to try to keep that next time. A lot of us practically live on Elvenar, lol. PS we have one spot open. Just sayin. :)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Aww
The last time I saw this thread, I wanted to comment but I didn't have a city on this server. Instead, on June 10, 2017 I founded a fellowship dedicated to the 10 chest tournament on EN2. One day later the other two folks who dreamed of this notion alongside me, were able to join me. We scored 10 chests for the first time on June 24, 2017. And we have scored 10 chests every week since.
We were not the first fellowship to score 10, but we can say it is the first 10 chest fellowship in the English speaking world. We hold the record for the longest ever single run of 10 chests, 183 and counting. I bragged about our blueprint on Facebook, and from there taught other Archmages how to follow my lead.

I just want everyone replying here to know - on the day of the original post, scoring 10 chests was not something every FS did every week, or regularly during a tourney cycle. The FS I left to found Boudicca's Iceni (which I refer to as my 'signature fellowship'), had a rule of ten chests every other week, but we were the exception, not the rule. In fact, I met players on EN1 Arendyll who believed 10 chests were impossible when my crew and I had scored our 4th blueprint! This was a difficult time for fellowships, so many fought bitterly over this issue. New fellowships were born, others died or changed their game face.

Shellizzie

I am AM of LOL! on Elcysandir. We have gotten 10 chests every week since January 2019. Now we average 14-15. I just happen to have a group of over achievers :D We have also gotten gold in the spire for 32 weeks.
It's really not that difficult to do.

Kekune

It's really not that difficult to do.
Gotta disagree with this. Sounds like our groups perform similarly; mine gets 16 chests most weeks, and we're on our 32nd (? I'm too lazy to check) spire gold this week. But while the numbers come easily now, there was nothing easy about gathering a group of people who all want to play that way. So, kudos to you for doing it. :) But let's not downplay it. There are plenty of reasons why groups might find it very difficult, indeed.

SimplyNoble

We have hit 10 chest every week for longer than I have been a member. We have a very enthusiastic group of people who enjoy the challenge and some really terrific leaders.

edeba

Aww
The last time I saw this thread, I wanted to comment but I didn't have a city on this server. Instead, on June 10, 2017 I founded a fellowship dedicated to the 10 chest tournament on EN2. One day later the other two folks who dreamed of this notion alongside me, were able to join me. We scored 10 chests for the first time on June 24, 2017. And we have scored 10 chests every week since.
We were not the first fellowship to score 10, but we can say it is the first 10 chest fellowship in the English speaking world. We hold the record for the longest ever single run of 10 chests, 183 and counting. I bragged about our blueprint on Facebook, and from there taught other Archmages how to follow my lead.

I just want everyone replying here to know - on the day of the original post, scoring 10 chests was not something every FS did every week, or regularly during a tourney cycle. The FS I left to found Boudicca's Iceni (which I refer to as my 'signature fellowship'), had a rule of ten chests every other week, but we were the exception, not the rule. In fact, I met players on EN1 Arendyll who believed 10 chests were impossible when my crew and I had scored our 4th blueprint! This was a difficult time for fellowships, so many fought bitterly over this issue. New fellowships were born, others died or changed their game face.
The FS I was in at the time only missed the very first new tournament for 10 chests and got every single one since. I think it was mindset holding people back. Certainly if you have a bunch of teammates not helping it becomes a challenge. I seem to remember the new tournament came out January or February 2016, actually mid January, https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-21.5720/. So, 10 chests since Feb 2017.

Version 1 of the tournament came out May 2016, https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/tournements.2568/
Then by December of 2016 they were discussing changing it to fellowship based, with the 10 chests and the blueprints, https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/behind-the-scenes-fellowship-based-tournaments.5227/.

In March 2017 they changed from 8 encounters to 4. I don't think of this as a new version of the tournament but just a modification. Going from map based to fellowship based was huge, and then trashing that very popular version of the tournament for this totally regressive version is what I think of as the 3rd version of the tournament.