• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonders announcement

DeletedUser

Looks like another good addition to the game, Thank you Elvenar Team :D

Deleted User - 107391

Actually, this looks absolutely wonderful! (As Wonders should.)

Ancient technology has been hinted at from the beginning, and I was always hoping that direction would be developed. I really like what is shown.

DeletedUser1146

It's a really good update, the only downside is that normally i dont have enough space and with this addition this problem will be more prevalent. I have one question since rune shards can be gained by completing province will this work retroactively ( or how do you call it) ie. you get rune shards for existing provinces that you completed? Or will this work only on provinces that we complete after this update is implented

DeletedUser706

The announcement states:
To top it off, you will also see the counterparts of your Ancient wonders in the background of your city, providing some amazing views.
So the Ancient Wonders DO take up space in our cities...

DeletedUser828

they take up background space, I don't have to build them in the middle of my city, or remove buildings in order to do so o_O

DeletedUser663

I am just building my first Ancient Wonder - Martial Monestry.
Please can you clarify that I lose the benefits of my boosted relics if I upgrade my AW.
If so, this seems a very heavy price to pay - a permanent loss of goods production for a very small increase in fighting health and culture.
They may look pretty but the loss of goods seem to make it very inefficient to upgrade AWs.

DeletedUser627

I agree with LordB above.

As a newbie for gaming, would it be entirely unorthodox for the developers to be a bit more friendly? Act like they like the fact that we play their game, and give us the occasional heads up, or even a preemptive explanation?

I'd like to have a game experience where Team Elvenar includes Players Elvenar, but I find it's difficult to trust. Rather than looking forward to updates, chat is often centered around "how are they going to screw us next?" It's not PvP, it's PvD[eveloper]

Don't think it really needs to be this way. Even if some difficult changes are needed for the the game, a straight up explanation would be appreciated by most players. There could be some give and take, even. Instead, we get transparent obfuscation attempts like "quests will guide you".

When it comes to the Wonders, we're just seeing that you're intent on screwing us out our hard won boosted relics in exchange for very little. Even knowing this, you won't give us any reassurance, any reasonable expectations for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser663

And then again, the https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders_Overview#Crystal_Lighthouse provides ONLY boosted goods. LOTS of them, when you visit your neighbors and fellows.

Are you unhappy about that as well??

Not sure what 'It will give you a certain amount of random goods when you return help to your fellows and discovered neighbors' means in terms of volumes and Wiki does indicate random and not boosted goods. For level 1 it indicates that you will get goods for the first 8 players you help each day but does not indicate volumes.

My concern is that by having to use boosted relics to upgrade AWs there would appear to be a direct reduction in the output from boosted goods buildings. For me this would be a significant loss in reducing the ability to buy KPs using those goods and in negotiating for provinces. To upgrade Martial Monestry to level 5 you need to provide 25 boosted relics (22 for Crystal Lighthouse) meaning that your goods production for those goods will reduce by between 14% and 30% of base production.

The extra benefits given by the AWs do not seem a fair benefit for giving up these relics and losing the goods production permanently.

DeletedUser1174

Yes there is a loss in goods production once these AW's are upgraded from level 1 to level 2 and so on because it uses your boosted relics to upgrade them although it would only seem to be from the top tier relics i.e gems, magic dust or Elixers. at 4x 1x 1x
for level 2 it is only taking 4x your boosted relics in theory that is not alot so to offset this loss in production boost either:
Build another relic boosted manufactory, complete/solve/fight other provinces of that relic type and/or visit every player you can to gain boosted goods everyday.
Finally once you have unlocked and built the CRYSTAL LIGHTHOUSE this AW gives you for EVERY PLAYER at level 1 that you visit 8x one of your three boosted goods each visit per day regardless of whether or not they have visited you be it your discovered neighbours or your group members and the only limit on this is how many players you have discovered ;-)

DeletedUser

This is a great idea ! I see it is up...but not working ! when will it be running?

DeletedUser

Not sure what 'It will give you a certain amount of random goods when you return help to your fellows and discovered neighbors' means in terms of volumes and Wiki does indicate random and not boosted goods. For level 1 it indicates that you will get goods for the first 8 players you help each day but does not indicate volumes.

If I understand it correctly, with lvl 1 crystal lighthouse, you will get 8 random goods when giving neighborly help each time. This is utterly useless compared to the boosted relics I will permanently lose, so are other elven/human ancient wonders. The only ancient wonder I find worthy building is the Mountain Halls.

DeletedUser933

I am just building my first Ancient Wonder - Martial Monestry.
Please can you clarify that I lose the benefits of my boosted relics if I upgrade my AW.
If so, this seems a very heavy price to pay - a permanent loss of goods production for a very small increase in fighting health and culture.
They may look pretty but the loss of goods seem to make it very inefficient to upgrade AWs.

DeletedUser933

At first I was excited to see AW thinking it rounded the game out more. Now it looks like just another rip off by the game designers. Yes I have dropped some cash on the game but I'm not going to in this segment. "Visit and boost discovered neighbors" done that not one shard. Visit and boost fellowship, not one shard. If they think I'm going to buy diamonds to buy shards forget it. Seems like just another add on like the latest verison redo that takes and takes and take and offers no rewards.

DeletedUser594

I'm not sure I'm understanding the chart correctly maybe you could shed some light for me if you would. Am I to understand that at level 1 I will receive 8 of each boosted good so 24 boosted goods per NH visit?
So if I visit my just my fellows at 25 NH's, and stop there I would get 8x3=24 , 24x25= 600 boosted goods?
And at Lvl 10 ... 27 x 3= 81 , 81 x 25=2025 boosted goods? split evenly? 2025/3 =675 of each?
Is that correct? And is there a limit to how many I can visit in a day other than how many I have access to?
And the loss of boost is permanent or can it be regained by acquiring more relics ?
Sorry to be a bother but I would appreciate knowing

DeletedUser1174

I'm not sure I'm understanding the chart correctly maybe you could shed some light for me if you would. Am I to understand that at level 1 I will receive 8 of each boosted good so 24 boosted goods per NH visit?
So if I visit my just my fellows at 25 NH's, and stop there I would get 8x3=24 , 24x25= 600 boosted goods?
And at Lvl 10 ... 27 x 3= 81 , 81 x 25=2025 boosted goods? split evenly? 2025/3 =675 of each?
Is that correct? And is there a limit to how many I can visit in a day other than how many I have access to?
And the loss of boost is permanent or can it be regained by acquiring more relics ?
Sorry to be a bother but I would appreciate knowing
Hello Varron.
you've almost got it.
it is 8x one of your 3 boosted goods per 1x daily visit to each player in your group and your discovered neighbours so for your group it would make it 8x24= 192 (as YOU are the 25th member of your group you don't apply) and of you visit 50 neighbours 8x50= 400 at level 1 on you Crystal lighthouse or the great bell spire
there is also no even split with the goods received are random between whatever your boosted goods, are i have noticed its usually more of level 1 and 2 goods rather than level 3 goods.
Yes the loss is permanent unless you offset it by acquiring more relics or unlocking AW Mountain Halls which increases your production boosts for your manufactories at level 1 you gain 10% boost.

DeletedUser594

Hello Varron.
you've almost got it.
it is 8x one of your 3 boosted goods per 1x daily visit to each player in your group and your discovered neighbours so for your group it would make it 8x24= 192 (as YOU are the 25th member of your group you don't apply) and of you visit 50 neighbours 8x50= 400 at level 1 on you Crystal lighthouse or the great bell spire
there is also no even split with the goods received are random between whatever your boosted goods, are i have noticed its usually more of level 1 and 2 goods rather than level 3 goods.
Yes the loss is permanent unless you offset it by acquiring more relics or unlocking AW Mountain Halls which increases your production boosts for your manufactories at level 1 you gain 10% boost.
So it sounds to me like some pain upfront with a gain long term if you can replace the relics and maybe add the mountain halls. it's interesting..,FoE's great buildings were nothing but gain, unless you count Kp's invested. Makes for more consideration. Thanks for the info