• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonders announcement

DeletedUser627

I already finished the Dwarven section, researched the Dwarven Wonder and built the Mountain Hall. It provides Relic boost percentage and Population. Level 1 is 10% and 410 population, L2 17% and 490 population. Thus, my boost % was 402 and now is 412. The DAW Wiki isn't completed yet, so I can't give any further statistics. The building is 3x8.

Guessing, I think the loss of boosted relics for Elven/Human Wonders will be relatively offset by the gain of boost % in Dwarven Wonders. Once the Wiki is released, we can run the numbers and see. Interestingly, the boost % affects all three tiers of goods, and requires T1 boost / non boost relics for upgrading.

So, we build all the Wonders and essentially, it's all just a LOT of busy work, with the end result being a small increase in supplies from the NH and culture bump in the ElvenW. The increase being, of course, necessary due to the recent decrease in the availability of supplies.

Gerbils on a wheel, we are. At least we get some pretty buildings.

The Dwarven Bulwark provides autoproduction of the basic fighting unit and some barracks increase. Here we have some bias showing: The Wonders provide none / minimal overall growth for players who primarily manufacture their growth, but the Wonders provide two military options with additional growth to the fighting players.

Manufacturing players trade manufacturing capacity in order to gain manufacturing capacity.

Fighting players trade manufacturing capacity in order to gain fighting capacity.

This now seems to be the area of most concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser933

This is a great idea ! I see it is up...but not working ! when will it be running?
Either fix this or get it off my game board. I've boosted everyone but the family dog. I've spent half my Main Hall on KP's. I've gone to the provinces. None of what your say produce Rune Shards does that. I'm getting pissed. Don't put junk out if you cant produce.

DeletedUser61

Manufacturing players trade manufacturing capacity in order to gain manufacturing capacity.
Your guys REALLY avoid fighting, huh? :p
"My logisticians are a humorless lot ... they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay."
- Alexander the Great

@Gregory the Magnificient Have you researched the Ancient Wonder technology at the end of Chapter IV? If you don't have a White Disk as the rightmost icon in your bottom center menu then you haven't unlocked the Ancient Wonders portion of the game.

DeletedUser43

Your guys REALLY avoid fighting, huh? :p

It is too bad the game doesn't really give you a choice. The enemy keeps getting more troops while we don't. The fighting bonuses won't put a dent on that imbalance. Oh, you can win some types of battles, but many aren't close to doable. Plus, it takes days to build up enough troops to do one battle. I think we all got tired of bringing it up because nothing ever happened to make fighting and troop production better for us. (Worse, in an update every now and then fighting gets even more impossible). We learned not to beat our heads against the wall and most just gave up on fighting. It is a shame really, because fighting is a lot of fun.

If you could fight some of those impossible battles a whole bunch of times and keep trying until you learned the perfect combination that would be cool. I like a tough challenge. I like playing a video game where I lose a battle a bunch of times, but keep trying until I finally get it. I am ok trying something 50 times in a row. Unfortunately, here, it takes you days to get the troops to fight the battle once, and if you get wiped out, it takes days to do it again. By the time your troops have replenished, you forget all you learned the first time....and that is assuming that some of the battles are technically possible if you fight perfectly....an assumption I wouldn't make.

DeletedUser706

I now have the mandatory "Research Ancient Wonders" quest. Does anyone happen to know what mandatory Ancient Wonders related quests come after this one before it goes back to where I am in the research tree (I am currently researching Portal Alley after I researched and built the Dwarven Portal)?

DeletedUser

*sighs* please stop adding things Elevanar is they don't work..also maybe get the other issues fixed in game before adding MORE things that don't work??

DeletedUser663

I have a mandatory "Use a Rune Shard" quest.

And, to top it all off, it appeared AFTER I build my Wonder.

I am in the same position as you bobbipiazza - I have a mandatory "Use a Rune Shard" quest.

I have built 2 Wonders so have to get to level 5 before I can complete the quest or complete Dwarven research which will take around 3 weeks - until then the quest stays - as you say AWs are supposed to be optional.

To create a mandatory quest like this is crazy - mandatory quests must reflect what players have already done.

DeletedUser627

I am in the same position as you bobbipiazza - I have a mandatory "Use a Rune Shard" quest.

After the "Use a Rune Shard " there will be "Scout 3 Provinces" and "Complete 3 Provinces" (yes! provinces, not encounters)...then a few busy work ones just for the pain of it.

To top it off, paying diamonds for a rune shard does NOT satisfy the "Use a Rune Shard" quest. Adding further insult to the injury, where are the promised quests which give rune shards?

Apparently this quest trail was intended to"guide" players through what developers considered an imperative need to begin the Wonders. I won't even go into the question of why they think it imperative to force players to complete provinces (at these levels, that's soooo demanding)...but the question begging is: How is it possible that this anomaly didn't show up in Beta? I didn't hear anyone there getting stuck with the quests post building phase.

I now have the mandatory "Research Ancient Wonders" quest. Does anyone happen to know what mandatory Ancient Wonders related quests come after this one before it goes back to where I am in the research tree (I am currently researching Portal Alley after I researched and built the Dwarven Portal)?

BEWARE: Sorry I didn't see this sooner - and this quest title should have already been corrected, since I reported it days ago! This mandatory quests refers ONLY to the AW research at the end of IV - not to the Dwarven research. I read the quest, researched the Ancient Wonder directly in my path, only to find out that it was mandatory to go back to the Elven/Human research. Customer Service is supposed to be correcting this mis-labeling.

DeletedUser

Since I cleared 167 provinces before the bloody Ancient wonders were added. I may never complete all 4 buildings and from what I read I am not even sure it is worth the bother. It appears this is now a game of make them pay. How bloody greedy are you??? This game started out for fun and all I see is issue's and out right problems. The first thing is when issuing a update is to improve the game not make it worse with added problems. When fixing a issue it should not return. See if you can discover a good program is the first quest for developers the second quest should be control your greed. I may not be on this game much longer and I am pretty sure I will never play another one designed by Inno Games. They have shown the colors. There company logo should read we will do everything we can to take your money and screw you over.

DeletedUser188

Please explain to me how we are going to lose our boosted relics
I have done the research and opened the A.W tab
I don't see anywhere that I have to pay any of my relics to build my A.W
Just rune shards and tier 3 goods

DeletedUser61

CreditCard-Trap480.png

If you're playing an actual City Builder game, and trying to achieve a city that's perfectly balanced and self-sustaining, then there's no need to spend enormous amounts of money. I LIKE the combination Culture + Workers buildings because they allow me more flexibility, but they're not at all "necessary."

If you want to play with your hair on fire, and rush through the game, then you have that option. The wonderful thing about microtransaction games (aka Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Win games) is that you can pay for EXACTLY the content that appeals to you. It's the ultimate democracy.

Ancient Wonders work very well indeed once you've reached the end of your tech tree, and they work very nearly as well if you devote 25% of your daily allowance to the development of your AWs. As the game progresses, based on my experience in FoE, fully half of your population and supplies will eventually come from Ancient Wonders.

Regarding Relics, for each Ancient Wonder you have to use a mix of three relics, from a particular age, to open levels 2-5 and 7-10, while Rune Shards are needed to open levels 1 and 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser188

Thanks for your reply about the A.W.s

Regarding Relics, for each Ancient Wonder you have to use mix of three relics, from a particular age, to open levels 2-5 and 7-10, while Rune Shards are needed to open levels 1 and 6.

DeletedUser1146

I still feel a little bitter about the fact that all those provinces that i completed till now (110, i know it's not very much) are wasted when it comes to rune shards. Those who started game later than me and are at that particular point in research tree have it easier, i was at about 60 maybe a little bit more completed provinces. I hope that they will do something about it if not, then it's a big kick in the nutz.