• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient wonders chapters 16 and up

Mykan

Oh Wise One
you might need to provide more details about what your looking for. Are you looking for combat wonders? Minimal tourney/spire costs?, economy? trading only? Any resources a your struggling to manage? Only care to get 2000 pts in tourney, 6000pts, lots more?

Without more information you will likely get all wonders suggested as ones to build ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The two chapter 16 AWs are so niche that they are not worth even putting in the KP to unlock them. And since you don't need to research either one to move to chapter 17, that is something like 550 KP saved for better stuff. The chapter 17 AWs are a mixed bag too and will depend on if you are a fighter or not. Also, once you get into chapter 17 and up, and have to deal with the new Unurium good, you will understand how useful the chapter 18 and 19 AWs can be that make Unurium.

mephalia39

hmmm you are right. I do tourney/spire every week, as well as try to get through the chapters. Jack of all trades master of none I guess lol

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Based on that (and assumptions around it) then:
  • Skip ch 16 wonders - mostly ranking point wonders, one does give free troops but its drone riders which most people don't use
  • probably skip ch 17 wonders - can help sentient goods but better wonders for that. Consider if CC or RR are in short supply
  • Ch 18
    • Build temple of spirits for unurium production
    • consider shrine of champions, more orcs (resource) and free troops (orc warriors).
  • Ch 19 is probably ones you want. Again unurium production, boosted A goods and free rangers.
  • Ch 20
    • Build resting place for A goods decay and free troops (banshees)
    • Scout wonder is debatable and will depending on your scouting strategy. Extra chests isn't great but if you have bell spire/crystal lighthouse it will have synergies.
Balancing unurium and seeds production is a pain so the Unurium wonders are very helpful. A goods production and decay depends on approach to those goods but likely useful.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@mephalia39 I am currently working through chapter 19. I built both Simia and Time Warp at the end of chapter 14. And I did not build another AW until I got Temple of Spirits at the end of chapter 18. I regard Temple of Spirits as a must have AW because it helps so much with Unurium production. I honestly do not think the chapter 16 and 17 AWs are that good. The chapter 15 AWs are but I skipped them also.

I skipped Thermal Spring of Youth because my cities only have 4 or 5 magic residences and no regular residences. I get most of my population from evolving buildings, set buildings, or from population/culture hybrids. So for my city build, Thermal Spring was not that effective. It would be different for a player with more residences in their city and would be worth building for the massive population boost.

I skipped Vortex of Storage because I already had Time Warp giving a bonus to sentient good production. I also have Elvenar Trade Center and often use MM spells on my sentient manufactories. Finally, I am primarily combat oriented so I do not use many sentient goods catering. With all this in mind, I didn't need the sentient good production bonus from Vortex. For a player without Time Warp or who caters more, this might be different. I don't think the portal size increase from it is that useful in the late game chapters. They have deliberately structured everything from chapter 17 on to reduce the effectiveness of portal profit spells. And portal capacity is not that important in these chapters. If PP spells were as effective from chapter 17 onwards as in the earlier chapters, I probably would have built Vortex. Or for that matter, if Vortex of Storage occurred earlier in the game it would have been really good.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
is there an AW that reduces unurium decay? I am in chapter 17.
The 1st AW that helps with Unurium is Temple of Spirits at the end of ch 18. It is Unurium production only, no impact on decay. It sounds like you are having trouble balancing seeds/unurium in chapter 17. I had a similar issue in that chapter. There might be another solution to the problem. Have you built Sunset Towers yet? I had not when I entered chapter 17. I did not think it was necessary in earlier chapters. As long as I had the trader constantly making seeds, I was ok and did not see the need for a wonder devoted solely to seeds. This changed once I hit ch 17 and had to switch the trader to mostly making Unurium. I ended up building and leveling Sunset Towers as I worked through ch 17. Getting ST to level 11+ really helped me work through ch 17. So if you don't have it, I advise building it. If you already have it, try leveling it more.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
The Unurium decay wonder is at the end of chapter 19: the Valorian Seal Tower. As this wonder can (at level 30 and above) reduce the decay to 2% there is unlikely to be another wonder that adds to this decay reduction.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Getting ST to level 11+ really helped my work through ch 17. So if you don't have it, I advise building it. If you already have it, try leveling it more.
Thanks for this! I haven't built it in either city. Ch18 (parked at beginning) city had a whole new experience with going through Ch17; the seeds-nightmare thing! Since it was an old (to me, at the time) AW that I hadn't built, I never went back and looked at its stats ::facepalm::
I'm prepping to start moving my Ch16 (parked at beginning) city through chapters again. I'm not going to suddenly convert to a speed demon, lol, so I'm thinking I'll take some time after 16/before 17 to get a ST built and upgraded.* My prep for 16 is getting BTG, ETC, Vortex and Simia all to lvl 16, then start in on the tech tree. Yes, I'm primarily a fighting city, but don't find the slog through chapters fun at all. Trying to do everything I can to speed that up, lol!
I'm hoarding the RR's to place/evolve/upgrade my Boblin's (will take 32RR's) as soon as Ch18 is unlocked. It will produce unurium. Again, going at this with a 'every little bit helps' outlook.
*Will start ST after finishing up my current AW project; as soon as space allows >>sami off to her EA 'Khel moving forward' layouts<<

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My prep for 16 is getting BTG, ETC, Vortex and Simia all to lvl 16, then start in on the tech tree. Yes, I'm primarily a fighting city, but don't find the slog through chapters fun at all. Trying to do everything I can to speed that up, lol!
I agree with all that except Vortex. How will that wonder help you work through ch 17? Yes it expands the capacity of the portal. But in ch 17 all that means is you can hold more Elvenium Zero. This was never once an issue for me working through ch 17. Yeah, Vortex does also help sentient good production. But so does Time Warp. And leveling TW in order to also speed up the tournament while also increasing sentient good production is more efficient.

free-spirit

I agree with all that except Vortex. How will that wonder help you work through ch 17? Yes it expands the capacity of the portal. But in ch 17 all that means is you can hold more Elvenium Zero. This was never once an issue for me working through ch 17. Yeah, Vortex does also help sentient good production. But so does Time Warp. And leveling TW in order to also speed up the tournament while also increasing sentient good production is more efficient.
The Vortex was a giant space and time saver for CH20; having it leveled meant I did not need to upgrade the portal to level 4 and waste so many guest race goods on Ensembles.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
But so does Time Warp.
Yes, but my TW has been at lvl 30 in both cities for forever, lol! I already had a lvl 10 Polar Bear when I got it and took it to lvl 30 right away. So, adding the Vortex (for the increased Sentient production, not the portal storage boost) is just part of that 'every little bit helps' outlook. At some point, it could also help conserve seeds for Sentient production if I can get by with fewer factories. Since I'm not there yet, I don't know that for sure. I'm anticipating it may be helpful for that when I get to where the chapters require large amounts of Ascended goods and I'll be able to get by on Sentients with fewer factories. We'll see.
I stopped upgrading the Vortex at lvl 7 in my Ch18 city because I had never built the BTG and needed to place and upgrade it, lol! I try to run the Ch16 city through stuff after having made all the mistakes tweaking my strategy from the Ch18 city, lol!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yes, but my TW has been at lvl 30 in both cities for forever, lol!
Dang. I stopped leveling TW at level 13! Once I got tournament cooldown under 10 hours it was not hard to get all 6 rounds in. And I also thought that was a pretty good bonus for sentient production...

Serena McTavish

Thanks for this! I haven't built it in either city. Ch18 (parked at beginning) city had a whole new experience with going through Ch17; the seeds-nightmare thing! Since it was an old (to me, at the time) AW that I hadn't built, I never went back and looked at its stats ::facepalm::
I'm prepping to start moving my Ch16 (parked at beginning) city through chapters again. I'm not going to suddenly convert to a speed demon, lol, so I'm thinking I'll take some time after 16/before 17 to get a ST built and upgraded.* My prep for 16 is getting BTG, ETC, Vortex and Simia all to lvl 16, then start in on the tech tree. Yes, I'm primarily a fighting city, but don't find the slog through chapters fun at all. Trying to do everything I can to speed that up, lol!
I'm hoarding the RR's to place/evolve/upgrade my Boblin's (will take 32RR's) as soon as Ch18 is unlocked. It will produce unurium. Again, going at this with a 'every little bit helps' outlook.
*Will start ST after finishing up my current AW project; as soon as space allows >>sami off to her EA 'Khel moving forward' layouts<<
Thanks for the boblin tip. I didn't realize that. I'm only in 15 but will use that to plan.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Dang. I stopped leveling TW at level 13! Once I got tournament cooldown under 10 hours it was not hard to get all 6 rounds in. And I also thought that was a pretty good bonus for sentient production...
Yes, 6 rounds is easy then, but with zero cooldown I can reuse the 5 day booster buildings for 2 tourneys and 2 spires (if I time boost the doors in the spire). That means I can now use twice as many 5 day booster buildings as I could without zero cooldown ;)