• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonders Mandatory? WTH??

• Thread starter DeletedUser1644
  • Start date

DeletedUser1644

So yesterday, I was so proud of myself to finally unlock Dwarves on my research tree. I put 11 knowledge points into my advance scouts for that chapter... Then today, I wake up and find that Elvenar has locked me out of Dwarves until I complete an 80 KP research for the Forgotten Ancient Wonders?? What the heck?!? These had been optional, not mandatory! Not cool Elvenar. Not Cool.

Attachments

• research.jpg
    research.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 69

DeletedUser61

Ancient Wonder research has always been introduced as optional, and has then become mandatory a couple of weeks later.

Mirwen Tathrina

It would seem that the Forgotten Ancient Wonders has been made mandatory with the latest upgrade!

Chapter 5 Forgotten Ancient Wonders wasn't mandatory yesterday but there has been an upgrade and now it is mandatory or at least appears to be. Very frustrating as I am just about to finish Chapter 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

I have Secret, Ancient and Forgotten to complete now: 170 KP before I can move forward.

And this in my low-pay city where I can only place 1, maybe 2, Wonders anyway. I guess this is one way to make certain that I abandon my low pay city, huh?

DeletedUser3040

I was trying to forget them for a little longer. Needed that expansion pretty badly. But let's spend a few days researching something that will make it even more difficult to get the shards that I want.

DeletedUser1016

I have Secret, Ancient and Forgotten to complete now: 170 KP before I can move forward.

I know - RIGHT...now I've got to spend over a weeks worth of KP [170kp] on catching up on the tech tree instead of moving forward on the Orc/Goblin chapter....ugh.....:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Man

So a forced upgrade? Bah. Can we get them to retrograde that "fix." I have no need for it, and neither it appears do the rest of us.

DeletedUser828

I have one I am working on in a city, Kp's already in it, but they still barred me from continuing in my other research despite the fact I was working on it. Thanks for the love , NOT

DeletedUser3575

I have one I am working on in a city, Kp's already in it, but they still barred me from continuing in my other research despite the fact I was working on it. Thanks for the love , NOT
Same - I was halfway through my Dwarven Portal, which is currently my required, unskipable storyline quest, and required for me to get on to bigger residences/workshops and be able to expand again... Guess I'll get back to playing the game in a couple weeks after I save up all this newly required KP...

DeletedUser828

I don't remember signing a contract agreeing to play this game step by step the way they think we should play it. To be forced to follow a path they think is more fitting for the game has taken the fun out of it. if you don't play the way we desire you to, we will force you too. Who gives a rats ass if we do the Wonders Research, what purpose does it serve? They forced us to build the Magic Factory, I have paid to play this game, whether a person pays to play it or they don't they should not have to be forced to take steps that do not benefit what the player envisions their mode of gameplay should be.

DeletedUser3575

I don't remember signing a contract agreeing to play this game step by step the way they think we should play it. To be forced to follow a path they think is more fitting for the game has taken the fun out of it. if you don't play the way we desire you to, we will force you too.

It's not a game anymore. It's an interactive storybook, and the orcs are the overly angsty fifth Harry Potter book. We're just playing someone else's idea of the Elvenar Story. :(

DeletedUser188

I don't remember signing a contract agreeing to play this game step by step the way they think we should play it
We all did its called the terms of agreement and you cant play unless you accept the terms
In it basically explains that this is their game not ours and they are letting us play it
They can and will change anything they want however they want to
Its not that hard to understand
You don't pay to play the game
What you are buying is a premium service ( diamonds) that you can use to help speed up the game or expand your grid and that's it
Anyone that expects anything different from inno games just because they bought some diamonds are going to be disappointed

DeletedUser3575

In it basically explains that this is their game not ours and they are letting us play it

Equally easy to understand: basic customer service. Yes, they can do what they want to their game, but when a loyal customer base is up in arms over changes that didn't *have* to be made, and the company continues down that same course of action despite the outcry, it's irresponsible to their customers. I do NOT believe "the customer is always right" but there has to be some sense of responsibility towards customers who are upset, especially when there are so many voicing dissatisfaction.

DeletedUser61

and the company continues down that same course of action despite the outcry, it's irresponsible to their customers.
Why ever would you think that a dozen vocal folks in the forums have a BETTER grasp of the Elvenar demographics than the InnoGames marketing department and the developers?

InnoGames uses https://www.adjust.com/mobile-app-analytics/ and various other tools to fingerprint the behavior of players IN REAL TIME, so they have a very good idea regarding what's working and what's not working, and usage patterns.

A handful of folks will always wish it were otherwise, when THEY are inconvenienced, but providing content to a LARGE consumer base is InnoGames' Bread & Butter and, from all of the business reports that I've read, they're doing it rather well.

DeletedUser627

We all did its called the terms of agreement and you cant play unless you accept the terms
You don't pay to play the game
What you are buying is a premium service ( diamonds) that you can use to help speed up the game or expand your grid and that's it
Anyone that expects anything different from inno games just because they bought some diamonds are going to be disappointed

This is true. If Inno were openly declarative from the beginning, I'd say we deserve what we get. But they aren't transparent - you have to really search to find their legal disclaimer.

This is why I continue to play the game and contribute here. Karma of sorts. Not everyone they flim-flam is going to disappear. I've paid for my entertainment, and so now I really enjoy doing what little I can to enlighten some players before they get stung.

DeletedUser828

It's folks like us playing the game daily that can give the best input. I'm not saying no wait times to accomplish goals, but do we have to wait till Christmas to finish a chapter in the tech tree? They are developing this game as they go. It's not like it's been out for years and years tested and perfected, which is why we go through so many changes. Some of these are not working well, others have made great improvements.

As far as paying to play, it's players such as myself and many others that are a huge part of their income. If we all stopped spending money in it that would make a monetary hit to their pockets. They count on people buying preium services for a reason. It makes them money. The game is growing far too slow now with the new chapter and it making it less desirable to play. I can't justify spending any more in it. I'll still play it, but for how long I don't know. I liked playing it daily, but the time that it takes now to get anything done only requires playing every two days. Outside of checking in fellowships and trades that is what it is deduced to now.

DeletedUser828

This is true. If Inno were openly declarative from the beginning, I'd say we deserve what we get. But they aren't transparent - you have to really search to find their legal disclaimer.

This is why I continue to play the game and contribute here. Karma of sorts. Not everyone they flim-flam is going to disappear. I've paid for my entertainment, and so now I really enjoy doing what little I can to enlighten some players before they get stung.

User Agreement
https://legal.innogames.com/portal/us/agb

DeletedUser2231

I don't remember signing a contract agreeing to play this game step by step the way they think we should play it. To be forced to follow a path they think is more fitting for the game has taken the fun out of it. if you don't play the way we desire you to, we will force you too. Who gives a rats ass if we do the Wonders Research, what purpose does it serve? They forced us to build the Magic Factory, I have paid to play this game, whether a person pays to play it or they don't they should not have to be forced to take steps that do not benefit what the player envisions their mode of gameplay should be.

This ^

It's folks like us playing the game daily that can give the best input. I'm not saying no wait times to accomplish goals, but do we have to wait till Christmas to finish a chapter in the tech tree? They are developing this game as they go. It's not like it's been out for years and years tested and perfected, which is why we go through so many changes. Some of these are not working well, others have made great improvements.

As far as paying to play, it's players such as myself and many others that are a huge part of their income. If we all stopped spending money in it that would make a monetary hit to their pockets. They count on people buying preium services for a reason. It makes them money. The game is growing far too slow now with the new chapter and it making it less desirable to play. I can't justify spending any more in it. I'll still play it, but for how long I don't know. I liked playing it daily, but the time that it takes now to get anything done only requires playing every two days. Outside of checking in fellowships and trades that is what it is deduced to now.

Aaand This ^

DeletedUser3587

I guess they won't mind refunding my last diamond purchase since they changed the terms of purchase ie the game afterwards.
Because I won't play unless they are donating all the kp & requirements to move ahead, otherwise put me back where I was