• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

ancient wonders

DeletedUser2077

if we are getting points for putting in kps to the ancient wonders when does it start because mine are not being counted

DeletedUser43

They haven't started doing it on beta yet, but it did say that they would give us points in a few weeks in the June Inno episode. So....soon? ish?

DeletedUser1430

I agree with Bobbykitty. Whenever they release the last two of the shared wonders, the Watchtower Ruins and the Thrones of the High Men, is when we should be getting score points with the wonders, as one of those two increases the amount of points we get from the wonders themselves.

DeletedUser

Yeah, we all know what their 'soon.... ish' is. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. They are already moving onto other new content like the picture that was posted today rather than actually fixing game bugs and finishing already introduced techs.

DeletedUser1016

Does anyone know [beta players I think?] if the new wonders will have skins like the first six [6]? I've looked a the first two [2] that other players have built and I couldn't find any associated skins - so I presume no skins for the proposed new AW's?

DeletedUser1016

I agree with Bobbykitty. Whenever they release the last two of the shared wonders, the Watchtower Ruins and the Thrones of the High Men, is when we should be getting score points with the wonders, as one of those two increases the amount of points we get from the wonders themselves.

Well, it's absolutely great that we are now getting ranking score credits for the ancient wonders...I have five [5] of the first six [6], soon to have the last one! I really like the "skins" they come with!

Is there any opinion on the latest two [2] ancient wonders, the Forgotten Ancient Wonders added to chapter 5? Just wondering if either one of these are worth researching and building for advanced players? I'm weighing out the options of which of the six [6] new wonders are worth building? I've gathered that of the first two [2], the Golden Abyss is worth building, but not the Tome of Secrets [speaking for "seasoned" players]; and of the second two [2], the Ancient Wonders of Tempest, perhaps worth building is the Needles of the Tempest, but not really the Endless Excavation?

Would anyone build the Watchtower or the Thrones? They have fairly large footprints - so are they "more valuable" ....or "more desirable" to build then the Golden Abyss or the Needles of the Tempest? Just trying to decide which new ancient wonder to open in the research tree?

....."decisions"...."decisions"....???

DeletedUser3061

Well, it's absolutely great that we are now getting ranking score credits for the ancient wonders...I have five [5] of the first six [6], soon to have the last one! I really like the "skins" they come with!

Is there any opinion on the latest two [2] ancient wonders, the Forgotten Ancient Wonders added to chapter 5? Just wondering if either one of these are worth researching and building for advanced players? I'm weighing out the options of which of the six [6] new wonders are worth building? I've gathered that of the first two [2], the Golden Abyss is worth building, but not the Tome of Secrets [speaking for "seasoned" players]; and of the second two [2], the Ancient Wonders of Tempest, perhaps worth building is the Needles of the Tempest, but not really the Endless Excavation?

Would anyone build the Watchtower or the Thrones? They have fairly large footprints - so are they "more valuable" ....or "more desirable" to build then the Golden Abyss or the Needles of the Tempest? Just trying to decide which new ancient wonder to open in the research tree?

....."decisions"...."decisions"....???

I too spent time debating. I built Golden Abyss because that one was well worth it imo. Thought about Needle of the Tempest but i'm just getting into chapter 4 and there are so much other stuff I can use atm and I really want the human AWs at the end of chapter 4. I probably will backtrack and research it and build it though. For me, those 2 are the only ones I see really worth it unless you got a guild helping invest KP into yours. The guild i'm in, Treehuggers are awesome and have leveled my Golden Abyss to level 4. Also Needle of the Tempest is nice for humans as we only get 1 ranged unit anyways and they are the light archers vs elves who get light and heavy range so I think its nicer for humans. That's my 2 cents worth on it. And like I mentioned in another post, the AWs that put buildings on the Cliffside are a no brainer as far as building them...I mean you get huge buildings in a Cliffside!!!

DeletedUser1016

And like I mentioned in another post, the AWs that put buildings on the Cliffside are a no brainer as far as building them...I mean you get huge buildings in a Cliffside!!!

Totally - I agree. Yeah, to me the original six [6] are a no-brainer...I really like the look - hey, it's a city building game, so the more elaborate the better - I say! ...lol.

Thanks for your opinion Sauzo - greatly appreciated.

They provide access to additional avatars, rather than decorating the cliffs in the background.

Yeah, but are the avatars worth the investment in the last two [2] AWs????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

Yeah, but are the avatars worth the investment in the last two [2] AWs????
Some people even like dragons, so who's to say.
The Avatars for "the last two" AWs will probably the rarest in the game, if that's important to you.

DeletedUser627

The Thrones is worthwhile only if you're a rank seeker. I built mine, and at level 2 it's giving 26 points for every other Wonder level I've completed. Total scoring, at L2, is 926 + 175 rank points.

But I'm rather desperately trying to remain on page 1 of US1 without Snails...otherwise I wouldn't have built it. I think that after Orcs, there will need to be some definitive next step in the game. The current grid won't have more availability for expansion - so what will be next? Will our buildings become smaller? Will there be an alternate page? In any case, questions about space and correct utilization of the existing grid aren't clear to me yet, so I'm sticking with fewer Wonders at a higher level, rather than more Wonders at lower levels.

DeletedUser2191

The Thrones is worthwhile only if you're a rank seeker. I built mine, and at level 2 it's giving 26 points for every other Wonder level I've completed. Total scoring, at L2, is 926 + 175 rank points.

But I'm rather desperately trying to remain on page 1 of US1 without Snails...otherwise I wouldn't have built it. I think that after Orcs, there will need to be some definitive next step in the game. The current grid won't have more availability for expansion - so what will be next? Will our buildings become smaller? Will there be an alternate page? In any case, questions about space and correct utilization of the existing grid aren't clear to me yet, so I'm sticking with fewer Wonders at a higher level, rather than more Wonders at lower levels.

Is there not talk in beta about there being another 10 grid expansions coming soon? Someone mentioned in the past week in these forums, just don't remember who it was.

DeletedUser1016

Bobbipiazza, thank you so much for your opinion, it's just the information I was hoping to get.

DeletedUser627

Is there not talk in beta about there being another 10 grid expansions coming soon? Someone mentioned in the past week in these forums, just don't remember who it was.

Yes, the moderators originally talked about this when Fairies were introduced - since the grids released were half of what they had released for Dwarven. They said we'd get one row for Fairies, then another row for the subsequent (Orc) race.

DeletedUser

As far as I can tell (I am in beta) there WAS a new expansion row just rolled out when they implimented the orcs and gobblins. At least that is what I hear. I am no where near that point to find out in my beta city.

DeletedUser1016

As far as I can tell (I am in beta) there WAS a new expansion row just rolled out when they implimented the orcs and gobblins.

How do you like the new visiting race...if you don't mind me asking [is this against forum policy...to ask beta for info?]?

Thanks for the info Irishna...

DeletedUser3040

I thought it would be the orcs dominating the goblins. But if the orcs are being treated like a good or currency, the big guys must be the ones pulling the cart.

DeletedUser627

#osideglen

I tried to insert a sample screenshot of the Orc buildings, but keep getting an error within the spoiler. If anyone can help me with making a smaller file, I'll be glad to try again.

In short, though, it looks like a disorderly collection of mud huts. It's ugly by any artistic standard. And the combination of Fairy and Orc elements is nauseating. The downward trend continues:

First we have elven Levels 14 and 15 - where 14 is distinctly superior aesthetically than the harsh 15. Then there's Dwarven, with the lovely blue residences giving way to the obnoxious red L15's. Then there's Fairy, with its floating L16 mutating into the violent violets of L17.​

Now we have a screen full of dung colors.
And don't even get me started on the Armories. If you're an 11-year-old boy, you'll be happy. Otherwise it's a giant turd shaped like lumbering animals.

What's clear from all of this is that the designers never spend time looking at cities the way players do. We work from moderate distance views, where we see swaths of color. This is why they missed how difficult the Fairy workshops are (the enormous flowers obstructing the Supply hammers). This is why we were stuck with the awful red of L17 and violet of L19. What may look good for a single object doesn't necessarily look good in multiples.