• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

ancient wonders

DeletedUser61

sample screenshot of the Orc buildings, but keep getting an error within the spoiler
Just lower the "quality" setting in your snapshot. The forum balks if the graphics file size is larger than 1 meg.

DeletedUser1016

Now we have a screen full of dung colors.

You said "dung" and your post wasn't removed and you weren't reprimanded...!!! Interesting. I used a similar word [c..p] , meaning the same thing and my post was removed........

I tried to insert a sample screenshot of the Orc buildings, but keep getting an error within the spoiler. If anyone can help me with making a smaller file, I'll be glad to try again.

Thanks for trying...appreciate it.

Dung is The theme of the new release Obsidegen.

.....ha...I know Architect of Desires....thank you. :) I was just teasing...:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3733

#osideglen

I tried to insert a sample screenshot of the Orc buildings, but keep getting an error within the spoiler. If anyone can help me with making a smaller file, I'll be glad to try again.

In short, though, it looks like a disorderly collection of mud huts. It's ugly by any artistic standard. And the combination of Fairy and Orc elements is nauseating. The downward trend continues:

First we have elven Levels 14 and 15 - where 14 is distinctly superior aesthetically than the harsh 15. Then there's Dwarven, with the lovely blue residences giving way to the obnoxious red L15's. Then there's Fairy, with its floating L16 mutating into the violent violets of L17.​

Now we have a screen full of dung colors.
And don't even get me started on the Armories. If you're an 11-year-old boy, you'll be happy. Otherwise it's a giant turd shaped like lumbering animals.

What's clear from all of this is that the designers never spend time looking at cities the way players do. We work from moderate distance views, where we see swaths of color. This is why they missed how difficult the Fairy workshops are (the enormous flowers obstructing the Supply hammers). This is why we were stuck with the awful red of L17 and violet of L19. What may look good for a single object doesn't necessarily look good in multiples.

My thinking exactly, the initial appeal was the look, I had no idea there would be fighting involved, yet here I am contemplating how to develop an effective army. What's even worse is that now that I'm invested in the game and doing more research, it appears that the artists were working from a very dark place. Not only is so much of it ugly, lots of it is just vile, I don't want it in my city... so now I'm trying to figure out ways that I can work around the ugliness, or at least move through it quickly... I have no interest in getting to level 21, there is way too much downside.

Oh, I can help with the reducing the file size of the image if you like... you can try picmonkey.com too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

I love your Avatar, FaeFrog!

I've noticed that the human cities are looking good, which is long overdue.

I've upgraded my Main Hall and Workshops, and the L21 versions are shorter, visually smaller. This means my entire city is just a muddle, because I don't have Crystal/Scrolls or Snails to anchor it. And the Magic Dusts manf's - when zoomed out to for a working perspective - look like nauseating pink jellyfish.