• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

ANOTHER ADVENTURE ALREADY

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ok, next would there be a limit on how many nut factories you can make for your nut portal?
Nope. The only point is to put a physical brake on the event. instead of collecting thousands of goods or supplies, there is a hard line in the sand You can't do this until you build the portal (which isn't available ahead of the game) you can't upgrade the nut factory until the nut-butter comes into the game on a set day, and you can't make the nougat until the nut factory is level two. Then you can't upgrade the nut factory until the fondant enters the game on a different set day, and you can't make the harvest cake until you have a level three nut factory

DeletedUser7370

@Ashrem How about something like these spaced out with other stuff and as you say some being on the daily line:
Research or upgrade L12 prize nut factory
Gain 3 enchantments prize 10 nut butter
Have L2 nut factory prize nougat
Scout 1 province or upgrade L12 prize fondant
Have L3 nut factory prize 5 special nuts
Pay 1 harvest cake prize super cool building

The upgrade to L2 nut factory uses 5 nut butter, upgrade to L3 uses the fondant, L3 unlocks the production of harvest cake and it requires the ingredients 5 nut butter and 5 special nuts and takes 24 hours. If the L3 nut factory was also a useful building then it is also a reward. Perhaps it could be worked like most regular factories but gives some culture and has productions for things like orcs or mana.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem How about something like these spaced out with other stuff and as you say some being on the daily line:
Research or upgrade L12 prize nut factory
Gain 3 enchantments prize 10 nut butter
Have L2 nut factory prize nougat
Scout 1 province or upgrade L12 prize fondant
Have L3 nut factory prize 5 special nuts
Pay 1 harvest cake prize super cool building

The upgrade to L2 nut factory uses 5 nut butter, upgrade to L3 uses the fondant, L3 unlocks the production of harvest cake and it requires the ingredients 5 nut butter and 5 special nuts and takes 24 hours. If the L3 nut factory was also a useful building then it is also a reward. Perhaps it could be worked like most regular factories but gives some culture and has productions for things like orcs or mana.
mostly what I was thinking. The only real flaw I see there is the "Scout 1 province" which does an end run around the fixed timer.

DeletedUser7370

The ones like the "Gain 3 enchantments" and "Scout 1 province" would be on the dailies line to control the timing. Upgrading the building controls the time for other things. Production times in the building can lead a player to fail, which makes a puzzle aspect. Possibly have a L4 that provides productions that are not part of the event, L1 to L3 all event specific productions and then L4 = useful city building.

Willowynn

???
The personal table bashers?
The programmers to beat?
The philharmonic total bliss?
Tom plays the black?
Total pleasure: top/bottom?
Timothy prefers timed bathing?
The perfect Tinto Brass?
Wow, I certainly didn't mean to upset people. It's "The Powers That Be", often used to refer to game designers or the people in charge of certain events in a game.

DeletedUser7370

Wow, I certainly didn't mean to upset people. It's "The Powers That Be", often used to refer to game designers or the people in charge of certain events in a game.
You didn't upset anyone. That was entirely my effort. I worked quite hard at stirring that particular pot. You just happened to provide the impetus for my actions. Thank you.