• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Aqua Splendor

BrinDarby

The creator of this event was a Genius .... :rolleyes:

Max link bonus is 4, and 6 bldgs in set.
Offerring multiples of small bldgs will
guarentee full bonuses with only 5 bldg types
Negating need'n that (260) bldg, as long
as you can live with 1 less KP/day ( 2 not 3 )
Per tile that last 3x4 can be replaced with
other bldgs better per tile......

Perfect, I don't need the last bldg, so I don't
need to pay diamonds for the bldg I prolly
won't get anyway....... thats pure Genius....

Way to go Inno, and hose urself outta getting
ppl to pay for what they don't need, and has
a very small xtra benefit anyway....... :D

( if ya really want ppl to pay for that 6th bldg,
then 1 bldg needs 5 links for full bonus, duhh )

Moho

Chef
I am also excited about the possibility of customizing the set the way I want. I plan to use different configurations depending on the needs and limitations of each city.

i32.jpg

Vigali

Per tile that last 3x4 can be replaced with
other bldgs better per tile.

Everything you said here is right, but just wanted to point out that it still may not be "worth it" to place either of the 3x4 buildings. Playing around with some layouts and spreadsheets, it looks to me like you would need 14 Wavecrests, 14 Hypnojellys, and 12 Bootleggers + Sirens and Waverider's in order for the set to be worth it while placing both the 3x3 and one of the 3x4's. And at that point, you're talking about a 75-square, 5x15 building. I'm sure there are other configurations, certainly, but the way this set works there actually aren't as many as you'd hope. Also -- in order to maximize connection bonuses on the small buildings, I still don't have the 3x4 and 3x3 touching, so those both still don't get their 4th connection.

That's 3 whole expansions dedicated to just this set building. I don't think I could do that, especially given the RR cost to keep it upgraded. I'd rather save RRs for much more valuable buildings, and use Festival Merchants and Burning Pools for my mana/seeds.

Last edited:

Ariel Greensleeves

I agree that I like the flexibility of the configurations for the set. It wouldn't (won't) work if the smaller buildings weren't easily available though. Unfortunately for me, of the large buildings, the one I really want is at 260*, and based on how hard previous events have been, I might not make it without using real $, which I refuse to do.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I agree that I like the flexibility of the configurations for the set. It wouldn't (won't) work if the smaller buildings weren't easily available though. Unfortunately for me, of the large buildings, the one I really want is at 260*, and based on how hard previous events have been, I might not make it without using real $, which I refuse to do.

The Tome prize in the next FA will give you the choice of one of the three big buildings for the set, so you don't need 260 to eventually have a complete set.

Mrietha

I am getting really tired of "Use ? Enchantments"
I hate spending enchanments on items of little value, since I have already enchanted what is most productive.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am getting really tired of "Use ? Enchantments"
I hate spending enchanments on items of little value, since I have already enchanted what is most productive.

What is a shame is that we cannot disenchant them for spell fragments and have that count for the quest, the way doing that does count for making that badge in the FA.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Due to several requests and to avoid sounding like my way is the only way I will ask the community to post how they would layout the Aqua set with 2 each of the main bldgs. and 6 to 8 of the other bldgs.? Each inquiry specified different layouts, one side-by-side (Square/Rectangle) and the other more Vertically stacked.

Anyone up for a challenge?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Due to several requests and to avoid sounding like my way is the only way I will ask the community to post how they would layout the Aqua set with 2 each of the main bldgs. and 6 to 8 of the other bldgs.? Each inquiry specified different layouts, one side-by-side (Square/Rectangle) and the other more Vertically stacked.

Here is 2x of all main buildings and 9x of the minor with full link bonus on every building. (You can delete the central 4 squares to get rid of a set of minor buildings and you will still have full link bonuses).

Moho

Chef
Great idea.

In fact, I would love to see as many configurations as possible. Due to the existence of various parts in several numbers, players can adjust the set in different ways so that it can fit the specific conditions of each city. Plus, the set can be changed and re-adjusted at different stages or during various times, like FA's for example.

i32.jpg

Moho

Chef
Only 2 1x1s are missing full links.
If we half the set above, we could obtain the configuration of a simple set:

i34.jpg

I am considering using only two of the big buildings in one of my cities. Probably something like this:

i35.jpg

I would focus on producing Vallorian Guards and goods. And I would replace the Skyfin Rodeo with the Windchaser Finale during FA's to obtain more coins. We'll see. :)

Last edited: