• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkadia

Changes in Beta to Crafting!!
    • Several new recipes were added into the Crafting rotation.
      • The following evolving buildings can be crafted for 1200 Spell Fragments and 8 Combining Catalysts if no other instance of the same building is present in either city or inventory:
        • Fire Phoenix (Stage 1)
        • Storm Phoenix (Stage 1)
        • Aureate Phoenix (Stage 1)
        • Stonehenge (Stage 1)
        • Mermaid's Paradise (Stage 1)
    • Lowered the number of available Pet Food recipes in the recipe pool. This should allow players without pets to craft more meaningful items while players with pets can keep gathering food to activate Pet Food effects for special occasions.
    • Lowered the amount of Spell Fragments earned by disenchanting event buildings by 50%.

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

I have questions, but no access to the beta forum, so idk if anyone could answer them here.

I understand we'll be able to craft the evolving buildings, but whats the point of crafting the Phoenixes if we dont get the artifacts? (I see Stonehenge and Mermaid artifacts in the FA prizes)

IF within any sensible time period we would get the artifacts, could we build multiples of each of the Phoenixes? although I see it says we only able to craft them if we dont have them already, some players seem to be able to acquire multiples of each.

I am also concerned about how much less often we'll get to craft Pet Food. If we're unable to feed our Fire Phoenixes during the tourneys, it makes them pretty much useless.

Spell fragments cut by 50%.... i certainly hope that the quests won't ask for as many either.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I have questions, but no access to the beta forum, so idk if anyone could answer them here.

I understand we'll be able to craft the evolving buildings, but whats the point of crafting the Phoenixes if we dont get the artifacts? (I see Stonehenge and Mermaid artifacts in the FA prizes)

IF within any sensible time period we would get the artifacts, could we build multiples of each of the Phoenixes? although I see it says we only able to craft them if we dont have them already, some players seem to be able to acquire multiples of each.

I am also concerned about how much less often we'll get to craft Pet Food. If we're unable to feed our Fire Phoenixes during the tourneys, it makes them pretty much useless.

Spell fragments cut by 50%.... i certainly hope that the quests won't ask for as many either.

The crafting of evolving buildings is supposed to only be for when you do not have a the corresponding building in your inventory or placed in your city. Thus these recipes should not unnecessarily clutter the crafting options (they are having problems with this implementation on Beta).

Gaining artifacts by FA seems to be a way of giving that event rewards rarely found elsewhere. A previous FA gave two phoenix artifacts. FA participation may increase by those who desire these artifacts.

The cut for pet food is concerning, especially if they wish to usher in more pets as they had announced.

The spell fragments cut is for building disenchantment only and is accompanied by a 50% reduction in crafting cost (for both spell shards and CC).

Alistaire

From the Beta thread it looks like only the T3 relic form of pet food can be crafted. That is a 2/3 decrease in the number of options.
It'll still be a bit better than that considering options refresh 25% faster.

edit: and with a bunch of other options also removed that'll also make it better than 1/3 as often. It's entirely possible in testing, 9 versions of pet food became way too many with all those other things removed.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
I didnt see anyone post about the Craftsman challenge that should arrive Monday. Craftsmans challenge appeared on Beta, the Monday after the Mermaid event ended.It wants production, not workshops.

How to make a medal this time :

10 medals for setting 3hr Tier 1, 2, 3 productions
20 medals for setting 9hr Tier 1, 2, 3 productions
40 medals for setting 24hr Tier 1, 2, 3 productions
60 medals for setting 24hr Tier 1, 2, 3 productions

10 medals for each PoP, MM, EE or IM used

The prizes are :

Collect 270 : 15x 10min boosters
Collect 810 : 1x Ancient Wonder Knowledge 3kp
Collect 1620 : 5x 1hr boosters
Collect 2970 : 1x Ancient Wonder Knowledge 7kp
Collect 5400 : 7x 2hr boosters

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I didnt see anyone post about the Craftsman challenge that should arrive Monday. Craftsmans challenge appeared on Beta, the Monday after the Mermaid event ended.It wants production, not workshops.

I thought the last one was goods production too, as I thought I remembered getting higher points for sentient goods production.

DeletedUser1016

How to make a medal this time :

10 medals for setting 3hr Tier 1, 2, 3 productions
20 medals for setting 9hr Tier 1, 2, 3 productions
40 medals for setting 24hr Tier 1, 2, 3 productions
60 medals for setting 24hr Tier 1, 2, 3 productions
Are these our boosted manufactories, like we do to create badges [i.e. flacon, bracelet, necklace]?
And, so no 2-day productions?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Are these our boosted manufactories, like we do to create badges [i.e. flacon, bracelet, necklace]?
And, so no 2-day productions?

Any tier one two or three
Any length of production run

68609947_10214573325467484_2304737488926670848_n.jpg

Deleted User - 1178646

Never before have we had a percent reduction ability that could stack beyond 100%. Ice Bear + time warp could easily allow completion of the tournament without any time hindrances.

We still don't 100% time reduction is the best you can aquire with the bear and timewarp.
even if it had a combined 200% reduction, you can't go back in time :p

It's an awesome building for all players who are yet incapable of getting the timewarp, but need those reduced timers to maken tournaments work for them in there timeschedule.
So I like it a lot

Pheryll

Set Designer
We still don't 100% time reduction is the best you can aquire with the bear and timewarp.
even if it had a combined 200% reduction, you can't go back in time :pt

What I am saying is that you will inevitably reach a point where leveling the time warp another level makes no sense as far as time reduction. You feed the ice bear and the fire phoenix and do all the tournament at once. Further levels to the timewarp only really affect your sentient boost, which may not be worth the KP investment.

Deleted User - 3932582

What I am saying is that you will inevitably reach a point where leveling the time warp another level makes no sense as far as time reduction. You feed the ice bear and the fire phoenix and do all the tournament at once.
I am curious as to what would be the use case for that. So investing a ton of KPs in time warp (plus space for TW and the bear) allows one to finish the tournament with 2 pet foods for Fire Phoenix and the bear (less than 24 hours for all 6 stages). Vs 3 pet foods with no KP or space requirements for TW and the bear if tournament is done in 3 chunks of 2 stages over the regular week. Or perhaps 4 PF if your schedule doesn't allow for the above.

Is that the only benefit, or am I missing something? Doesn't sound like a good investment of KPs for TW and bear artifacts to me if it's just for that. Unless pet food is going to be A LOT less frequent...

Pheryll

Set Designer
Unless pet food is going to be A LOT less frequent...

I am looking at the panda + ice bear + fire phoenix combo. Panda gives "riches from other lands" per pet you feed after him. Plus getting the tournament out of the way all at once is desirable.

For the number of levels needed for the time warp; it depends on how good the ice bear is. If it is equally good as a max leveled time warp (the phoenixes were at least as good as their corresponding wonder) then it would only take 5 time warp levels to reach 100%.

As far as "a lot less frequent" for pet food; the 2/3 reduction on recipes in the upcoming patch is going to hurt quite a bit.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So investing a ton of KPs in time warp
That sounds like a fool's errand, but it needs to be viewed in the context that lots of people who can place the time warp AW right now probably have nothing else to do with KP at the moment. If they are an aggressive tournament player, they probably have 500 or more KP to put into AW's every week, and have been doing so for at least a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.