• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
how I can play the FA Beta starting this week?
You have to create an account on the beta server. Then you have to join a fellowship before the FA starts (after it starts, you're locked out until the next one). At the top of the log-in page there's a roll bar for selecting a region, one of which is Beta. Start there to create a city on the beta server.

A nice theory, but I doubt Inno is thinking about it all that much. Much more likely imo is that the FA is simply filler. No new storyline, graphics, programming etc. Nothing is required from the developers at all, effectively giving them 2 weeks off to work on the next event or whatever.

An alternate theory is that FAs generate a lot of revenue for INNO. When trying to figure out INNO's motives remember generating diamond sales is important to them but we never hear about it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
An alternate theory is that FAs generate a lot of revenue for INNO. When trying to figure out INNO's motives remember generating diamond sales is important to them but we never hear about it.
Indeed. Every FA announcement is met with a bunch of players complaining and then some of the same players brag about how their FS is #1.
While they may have spent only a few diamonds in the FA itself, they are only able to achieve #1 by having spent diamonds in the past. This makes them feel good about their purchases as they have clearly gained an advantage over others, and encourages them to continue spending in the future.

The Unbeliever

Would it be possible for some of our lovely beta members to very kindly post up the rewards (as pitiful as they tend to be!) for each stage in the morning?

I suspect that for most fellowships, especially by this point, the decision to even bother with the FA depends on if there's at least a couple big time instants + 1 generally 'decent - regardless of chapter' building...
(ie: everyone can get pretty good use out of a Valorian Valor/Orc Strat Grounds, or a juicy pile of culture;))

DeletedUser3468

I really detest the idea of another FA since they still haven't fixed the main problem of having to click through so many quests to reach the one you want! I would be very much in favor of Inno putting the FAs on hold until that is fixed. Not gonna happen though. *sigh* :(
If we must have another FA so soon and before the thing is fixed, at least giving us another Valorian Valor as one of the map 1 prizes would certainly get me to do at least that part of the FA. Our new(ish) crew over in our Teaching Fellowship on Arendyll love the Valorian Valor they won last time and it's really helping them with the tourneys!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The latest Fellowship Adventures has started in Beta World!

41039140_10212414494378056_3160757757016014848_n.jpg

I will be posting full details later this afternoon here: https://tinyurl.com/ybs42c4e

You are welcome to share the link with friends, fellowship and neighbors!!

The Unbeliever

...so, apparently we now need to dump 30kp's into the first path for some asinine reason?o_O:mad::mad:
Any word on the prizes for each stage yet?

EDIT: never mind... apparently the prize for Stage 1 is 30kps in instants!lol.

Good job Inno, you've found a way to make these turd baskets even worse!
I'd honestly rather have a poo cake at this point - it would still stink, but at least it's less effort involved to make my own vs. this crap. -_-

Risen Malchiah

30 kp as the prize for stage 1 is rather lame compared to the last FA which managed to provide some decent prizes, namely 107 hrs of instants and 3 buildings, the first of which (Valor) was quite useful for early chapters. And the exclusive prizes for the top 3 fellowships look amazing (even though I had no chance of getting them).

NightshadeCS

Question: Is this the "easy" version of the FA, similar to the first one? It seems they were doing them in rotation and the last one was the behemoth, from what my (faulty) memory tells me. :)

EDIT: checked out the web link above and saw that it is the same format as May. So, not the easiest version, but not a killer, either, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.