• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 4/2020] News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The number I think Elvenar is using for a platoon is around 11.5 hours of training, based on maximum squad size trained from a barracks at level (15 + 2 per guest race chapter) (I am not making calculations for pre-guest race as these have a large variance). Wonders and the brown bear definitely have an impact at devaluing the troop instants in comparison with the time instants, and squad size skipping (especially at chapter 15) can cause over a 50% devaluing.

Daiman Rahl

The instants I get from the Spire allow me to train tons of troops that I can use to fight in the tournies and Spire and get even more Spire and Tourney prizes. It's a positive feedback loop that really can up one's game.

KarlD I use them for the same reason, it is quick, and as I use a ton of troops it's a fast way to restock.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
88180729_10216097644934518_7496524321750253568_n.jpg

It says "its flames feel soothingly cool. However, do not make the mistake of touching them." ... How can they "feel" cool if you can't touch them? Look, seem, yeah, but feel? Okay ... I'm picking. I can't help it; I'm an editor, lol.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It says "its flames feel soothingly cool. However, do not make the mistake of touching them." ... How can they "feel" cool if you can't touch them? Look, seem, yeah, but feel? Okay ... I'm picking. I can't help it; I'm an editor, lol.

The same way that normal flames can feel hot without having to touch the flame. Heat travels through the air, and light travels through the air so that you can see. I don't have to press my eyeballs onto something to see it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Actually, most people who've touched a high-energy-transfer object cooled to below -40 (most metals, or a drop of liquid nitrogen for instance) know that something super-cooled will hurt (and can do as much damage) as fire while not feeling particularly cold in proximity until the instant your skin makes contact.

KarlD

Selective use of time boosts can sometimes save you quite a bit, like eeking out just enough sentient goods to unlock a tech before decay sets you back a day. But yeah, mostly I use time boosts to feed the brown bear, followed by doubling up on desirable crafting, aligning the Spire with my schedule and completion of a building that doesn't function while upgrading (barracks, trader, etc).
I've used instants to eek out the sentient goods before decay. That is well worth doing. However, I don't think it's worth speeding the upgrade of a military building unless it's the only one I have. If I were going to upgrade my Barracks and it was going to take 30 hours AND I was so low on Barracks troops that I couldn't wait 30 hours to start making them again, I would use 30 hours of instants to train Barracks troops first and then start the upgrade. Then for the next 30 hours I'd just use my Merc Camp and Training Grounds. I end up with 30 hours more troops that way compared to speeding the upgrade.

AtaguS

Good suggestion @KarlD , maybe I will try that next time. Not sure the drain on tools doing it that way, won't I then also have to use a supply re-fill instant? Tools are limited in my city already and I like to save those for the Spire. I'll give it a try and see where I land.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The same way that normal flames can feel hot without having to touch the flame. Heat travels through the air, and light travels through the air so that you can see. I don't have to press my eyeballs onto something to see it.
Actually, most people who've touched a high-energy-transfer object cooled to below -40 (most metals, or a drop of liquid nitrogen for instance) know that something super-cooled will hurt (and can do as much damage) as fire while not feeling particularly cold in proximity until the instant your skin makes contact.
Good points, both of you!

KarlD

Good suggestion @KarlD , maybe I will try that next time. Not sure the drain on tools doing it that way, won't I then also have to use a supply re-fill instant? Tools are limited in my city already and I like to save those for the Spire. I'll give it a try and see where I land.
It's been a while since tools have been an issue for me. I'm very active in the tournaments so I have tons of PoP spells. Once my supplies/tools get low I use the spells on my workshops and that gets me back to full in short order. 30 hours of troops are less than 1/3 of my supply storage capacity, but I don't know what it might be for cities in earlier chapters. I'm also very active in the Spire and win a lot of supply instants there so I really don't care if I have to use one every now and again. I'm sure I am gaining them much faster than I use them.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
Of course there is. If you didn't like having them to fall back on, it wouldn't be at all hard to burn them making supplies and goods, with a few for scouting.

Use, as in "usefully use them" . No logical reason to waste anything. What would an end game player want with even more supplies or goods? My city is efficient. Scout more? Why?! No amount of "faster" anything will make me a better city, better strategy or advance my score, advance me further... there is no chapter 16. Windfalls, coin rains and time boosters are unnecessary to complete elvenar, as are diamonds. Even if you are chapter 1 today, there is no reason to use time instants, ever. To get to the end of this game, you wouldn't have prepared enough with inventory or wonders for what's in store for chapter 16. And what then, to instant through it?

What is the point of playing a game, if you don't ever play? If the answer is, " i don't like waiting" , getting to the end will only make you wait. Choosing to do the waiting as you grow, is more exciting preparing for the future then waiting on the edge of nothing.

Risen Malchiah

Having only reached "the end" once before a new chapter was released, I'm actually looking forward to again being at the end so I will have plenty of space to play with during events & FA. I don't like being stuck in the middle of a massive chapter when a good event comes around. Haha assuming those still exist. :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Use, as in "usefully use them" . No logical reason to waste anything
That's fine, but isn't what you said. And c'mon "useful" in Elvenar? That's more than stretch.

Personally, I use about 90-100 hours/week on the Spire, so I can do it all on Thursday evening, then the next one the following Sunday. For someone who has the free time to spread the spire over five days combined with well-developed sombat skills so they don't need to get two spires out of a set of boost buildings, less useful. There are plenty of ways to use them if you want to use them. There is nothing to be done "usefully" in Elvenar.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem, i use spire instants on my spire troops. Those are leftovers and they are only building up, the more i play, the more i get
The specifics are trivial. That is one way I use mine. If you want to use them, you can use them. It doesn't have to be because you are impatient. I could chose to wait for that building upgrade, or I could choose to use timers and get the benefits of the increased capacity/production/boost now. It's got nothing to do with impatience, and choosing not to do it doesn't mean you couldn't. If you didn't want those timers in inventory, it would be trivial to get rid of them.

Another example for myself is that I never let a crafting job run it's timer, because I might forget to collect it or be asleep when it finishes, then I'm missing out on a recipe I might want.

Deleted User - 4565442

People tend to forget where we come from:

You can't have a fire feniks, brown bear, winter, harvest or carnaval set every single events, there are exceptions,
Events are more than 1 main prize.

When events started the main prizes at large events (the prize you had to pay for to get 1!!!) were:
Venars Rock III,
King of the Winter Tower,
Rise of the Phoenix
The great Auction

Most of these buildings except for the the tower king have returned at some point as daily prizes, but they were main prizes for a large event.
also players without prior knowledge would love the new buildings especiially compared to the "old ones".

Setbuildings were overpowered, often abusable, and people complained a lot more than now about evolving buildings that they simply had no room for yet another building, another complaint was that you needed to go for double days (or use diamonds) instead of daily prizes because an incomplete set without its prime building was kinda useless.
And the infexibility with all the warnings if you wanted to move that setbuilding from one place to another in your city.

When events came to elvenar, every event got buildings better than the previous, but that ain't a long time healty road to run.
I to, are unimpressed with the new phoenix, but I do understand that you can't have a better building each time.

You can't and should not compare each building agains the best we had in the past. many many many player do not have the same "history" as you do.
Nor is every "power building" from the past as good as it is, its awesome if that building fits your playstyle but useless if you like to play differently.

With all respect

I play since April 2018 and i didn't have a chance to get Tower of the Winter King, which is best pop/cult building ever, and suggestions to make it return went without answer. Why they have chance to create evo buildings in academy which they missed year ago, but i don't have a chance to craft building i missed? Why can't craft old set buildings? Kirit/Krarak? Phoenix/Autumn sets? Why only Evo buildings which i have?

Evolution buildings are the cause of event havoc and deleting all of them is the only way to return balance to this game once again.
Now they have caused war of new players vs old players, old players don't want new players to have easy everything unlike them before, new players tell that "old players are never full and only want eat more and more until they vomit" (quote from polish forums).

Status
Not open for further replies.