• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 4/2020] News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser24571

I’d say forget the FA next week, just bring the Festival to live world now.

Who’s wth me, can we take a vote on it?
✅ Skip the FA, bring Festival to live world NOW!!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unbeliever

Coldfire Phoenix is pure trash tier garbo sadly. :(:(:(
Mid - late game players will never get much (if any) actual feeding effect out of it due to heinous scout times, while early game players will struggle to simply obtain enough resources to craft the pet foods.
The other stuff it generates it just in no way worth the space due to the god-awful 48hr timer...

I mean c'mon Inno - pull your heads outa your nethers for once and just rub a couple brain cells together!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
If it gave out something like a 5%PP or maybe a new troop instant, then sure, 48hrs for something like that is pretty decent. But a 4x4 building giving out the equivalent of just 1200 sentient goods per day?! What a fething insult - especially considering that it's giving out T4 of all things!! At least T6 would've made it look almost decent.

As it is, it's an absolutely gorgeous building that will at best be put down as a mistake, and then cruelly deleted within a month or two because it sucks so bad.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Nothing to show you care about your players quite like slipping an extra couple of essences into the price of every chest.

"We're giving you a new building design that practically nobody likes and making it 2-3% harder to get. Yay us"

Honestly what is with you designers? Do you actually hate the players? This is one of those days when I hate the designers at Inno and think about throwing the game out the window.

Deleted User - 1178646

I think the new building has one of the highest pop/cult values of any previous evolutiuon building.

The Unbeliever

Nothing to show you care about your players quite like slipping an extra couple of essences into the price of every chest.

"We're giving you a new building design that practically nobody likes and making it 2-3% harder to get. Yay us"

Honestly what is with you designers? Do you actually hate the players? This is one of those days when I hate the designers at Inno and think about throwing the game out the window.
'Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by simple stupidity.'

Devs don't play actually play their own game... most likely they just magic-up a pre made city and 'test' from there.
Look at for example the initial beta release of the Spire of Eternal Stupidity; ALL the costs for fighting/negotiating were what, 30% or higher than what they now are? (and it *still* took weeks of screaming & outright insults to get them to understand how stupidly over-costed everything was!lol)

I mean, the new phoenix proves the devs can't even math at a basic kindergaten level, considering this piece of utter ork dung gives out less than a single regular 9hr sentient production. (and that's WITHOUT any MM or AW boosts to boot - just the basic 700% relic boost! o_O )

So really, who is going to be beyond stupid enough to waste additional space in a game where space is already beyond a premium resource, for some middling pop + culture boost?

All the devs care about is to seemingly nerf the hell out of the 1% of top end powergamers, and who cares if the game becomes an unplayable pile of steaming garbo for the other 99% of players = Inno LOGIC!? >.<

Deleted User - 1178646

People tend to forget where we come from:

You can't have a fire feniks, brown bear, winter, harvest or carnaval set every single events, there are exceptions,
Events are more than 1 main prize.

When events started the main prizes at large events (the prize you had to pay for to get 1!!!) were:
Venars Rock III,
King of the Winter Tower,
Rise of the Phoenix
The great Auction

Most of these buildings except for the the tower king have returned at some point as daily prizes, but they were main prizes for a large event.
also players without prior knowledge would love the new buildings especiially compared to the "old ones".

Setbuildings were overpowered, often abusable, and people complained a lot more than now about evolving buildings that they simply had no room for yet another building, another complaint was that you needed to go for double days (or use diamonds) instead of daily prizes because an incomplete set without its prime building was kinda useless.
And the infexibility with all the warnings if you wanted to move that setbuilding from one place to another in your city.

When events came to elvenar, every event got buildings better than the previous, but that ain't a long time healty road to run.
I to, are unimpressed with the new phoenix, but I do understand that you can't have a better building each time.

You can't and should not compare each building agains the best we had in the past. many many many player do not have the same "history" as you do.
Nor is every "power building" from the past as good as it is, its awesome if that building fits your playstyle but useless if you like to play differently.

Deleted User - 4366037

When events came to elvenar, every event got buildings better than the previous, but that ain't a long time healty road to run.
I to, are unimpressed with the new phoenix, but I do understand that you can't have a better building each time.

You can't and should not compare each building agains the best we had in the past. many many many player do not have the same "history" as you do.
Nor is every "power building" from the past as good as it is, its awesome if that building fits your playstyle but useless if you like to play differently.
As someone who has only been playing since the last three events, I would be ecstatic if any of them were as good as the previous buildings.

Deleted User - 4366037

Hmm, they also seem to have removed time boosters from the event chests entirely. Now I won't have any idea which chest to go for unless rolling only on days where time boosters happen to be the daily.
Well, at least with respect to the new squad boosts, I can still get the equivalent of one 30-minute booster in some chests! :p

Deleted User - 3932582

No expiring buildings, it seems, in the grand prize rotation; so less incentive to focus on grand prize artifacts and more incentive to focus on daily prizes.

The filler grand prizes are pretty terrible. You can get such quality grand items like 15 KPs, 10% PP and - wait for it - 3 rune shards!

Can't wait for equally impressive daily prizes...

Deleted User - 3932582

Just to expand on that. So here is comparison of usual filler grand prizes with the new version:

Wishing Well (up to 500 diamonds over 100 days + other goodies) => nothing
Carting Library (up to 100 KPs over 100 days) => 15 KP
Monument of Ancient Knowledge (up to 150 AWKP over 100 days) => 20 AWKP
Trading Outpost (up to 125% PP over 50 days) => 10% PP
Ferris Wheel Galore (up to 250% coins or 250% supply or 50 broken shards or 50 KPs - your choice) => 100% coins or 100% supply or (lol) 3 runes - no choice

Pheryll

Set Designer
Just to expand on that. So here is comparison of usual filler grand prizes with the new version:

Wishing Well (up to 500 diamonds over 100 days + other goodies) => nothing
Carting Library (up to 100 KPs over 100 days) => 15 KP
Monument of Ancient Knowledge (up to 150 AWKP over 100 days) => 20 AWKP
Trading Outpost (up to 125% PP over 50 days) => 10% PP
Ferris Wheel Galore (up to 250% coins or 250% supply or 50 broken shards or 50 KPs - your choice) => 100% coins or 100% supply or (lol) 3 runes - no choice

Another thing the grand prize could be compared to is a single opening of the most expensive chest.

Socrates28

While I can certainly understand the problem of having better and better grand prizes every event, because eventually it becomes almost impossible to have a better grand prize, taking away the other prizes and making it more expensive to get even them is troubling to me. The Valentines event was the first one where I neither placed the grand prize nor got it to level 10 even if I did. It looks like this may very well inded be another event of that kind. I would not even mind if they just used the same grand prizes so I could bring them up to chapter level even if requireing the deleting of the current ones to prevent 2 Fire Phoenixes for some reason. :(:(:(

AtaguS

@Socrates28 I agree, there is value in placing a new wishing well in a new chapter even if the prizes it gives are the same as they were in your old one. The value in doing an event, for me, has always been to replace old even culture/pop buildings with their upgraded counter-parts. Partly because I've made it to a new chapter by then so the outputs are highter naturally - not because I expect Inno to keep giving more and more. These new grandprizes feels like a re-set of value, or something else. I hope the devs don't think that gaining the current evolve building and its artifacts is the entire incentive to play an event and that the rest is just fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.