• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Are Event Quests a Hardship or Fun Challenge for New Players? I’m about to find out.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Something else bothered me though. I sent lots of applications to nearly complete fellowships that from their description would gladly accept new players, and none replied. Finally I stumbled onto one that accepted applications automatically.
That's great that you finished the event. I knew it could be done, even if you're a new player. I too am wondering why other players are not accepting invitations to join fellowships. I changed my fellowship's options so they can "just join" and still not having any success at receiving new members. What is going on?

DeletedUser3122

will be very grumpy at anyone who suggested such an out-dated option

Re: drop down menus. How many games do you play? How many modern games do you play? How do you come up with out-dated? Cycling is modern? :D:confused::D:eek::D

You can be grumpy at me but I think clicking 600 times to collect 30 items is beyond outdated. Who wants to brainlessly click through quests? I'm talking about Fellowship Adventures mostly, because unless you don't plan to finish all the paths, and never decline, you'll be either barely helping the FS or clicking a crud-ton of times. Completely needless and useless. Who "enjoys" that? I have to wonder what that person's day must be like....if they enjoy it.

No one is forced to cycle quests. If you prefer to move through the chapters like a snail, you can do that even with drop down menus.

The exact way we can bring up the FS list on the smartphone and click the player's name to visit, and not have to click all those buttons, proves there are modern ways to cycle.

You are allowed to cater even in chapter one.

Allowed is one thing. Able is quite another. The amount of goods is not always available, especially if not in a FS that you can trade with or can boost up your goods in order to cater.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Re: drop down menus. How many games do you play? How many modern games do you play? How do you come up with out-dated? Cycling is modern? :D:confused::D:eek::D
Yes, Drop downs are terribly outdated. Modern games track progress in the background, and are capable of tracking dozens of things at the same time.

Here is what adding a drop down to the FA would look like:

With Drop Down menu:
  1. Select Blacksmith Badge from drop down
  2. Collect from 5 workshops
  3. Hand in quest
  4. Select Wizard Hat from drop down
  5. Collect from Magic Academy
  6. Collect 100 silk
  7. Hand in Quest
  8. Select Elvarian Guard Badge
  9. Collect from Barracks
  10. Hand in Quest
  11. Select Bakers Badge
  12. Collect from 20 workshops
  13. Hand in quest
OR
  1. Collect Everything in your whole entire city
  2. Hand in Everything all at once for all 4 badges
Here is what that interface would look like:
fa quest01.png

Quest cycling sucks, but "upgrading" from the stone age to the middle ages when 21st century tech is available would be a shame.

DeletedUser3122

Modern games track progress in the background, and are capable of tracking dozens of things at the same time.

This was the obvious one that I didn't mention because we're talking stone age.

Quest cycling sucks, but "upgrading" from the stone age to the middle ages when 21st century tech is available would be a shame.

I was suggesting advancing to the middle ages because frankly, Inno doesn't seem to be able to make the jump from stone age to modern, let alone middle. But to suggest that a drop down menu isn't a vast improvement over cycling is crazy laughable to me.

Joining a FS was my first priority. I also plopped down eight 2x2 plank manufactories, so I had plenty of goods.

Your point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tauriel Dragonwood

Don’t complain everyone about being placed in an abyss where no life exists. Just found this out.

In the settings, make sure that the option allow automatic movement to a better position is checked. Buy why?
We’re never moved to a better position on the World Map where neighbors trade and are willing to join a fellowship.

Unfortunately, moving a player on the map is an automated process. They’ve left it up to a computer to decide. Ugh!

Typically, cities are removed automatically after 30 days of player absence (not logging in to the server). The only cases where this doesn't happen is:

1. If the player has more than 200 diamonds, and/or
2. If the player is Chapter 4 or above.

So I'm stuck in a neighborhood where no one trades fairly nor joins a fellowship.
A place where no elf or human wants to go. That's sad to know.

I have even seen cities that say No longer playing" or "Quit" in their name, but yet those cities are still in the game.

DeletedUser3122

are you using internet explorer?

That meme might be above some people's heads. The very people that should get a clue in fact. :D

What's a browser?
The only browsers are IE, right?
"I only use IE, it's the only one I trust."
Meanwhile, the game runs best on Chrome (for me), though I used to use Firefox.

Whatever happened to that June announcement in Beta, that they were now running HTML5 on Chrome and Opera only? HTML5 is supposed to work perfectly with every browser. I'm thinking it's all about the mobile app now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tauriel Dragonwood

I'm helping my fellowship understand the Fellowship Adventure we're on. They, along with me, are having difficulty with the spells. Spells should be removed from the Fellowship Adventure. Why? Because the Wholesaler will only trade 2 non-boosted goods to a new player. I am up to Chapter 2 in my new city in Felyndral. I can only fight/negotiate in 4 encounters in a tournament each day. One of those encounters awards a Magical Manufacturing spell. Luckily my boosted goods are planks so that’s the only spell I can make.

Spells are not offered in the Discount window so I don’t have the option to buy diamonds for them. I have had trades up for a week and no one is taking them and they’re 3-star trades (15 planks for 10 marble). Most of my neighbors and fellowship only have planks to trade.

At least my fellowship is now joining in on a tournament. It’s not mandatory in The Woodland Realm but if they want to increase their goods production boosts, gain Knowledge and Ranking Points, Relics and Rune Shards at a fast rate, they should try to participate.

I’m off to Felyndral to create undreamed-of harmony. That's what us elves call laying down new streets.

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

Spells should be removed from the Fellowship Adventure. Why? Because the Wholesaler will only trade Marble and Steel to new players.
You are planks boosted, which is why you are only seeing marble and steel. Only marble and steel players will have planks in the wholesaler. So for you it will require timing your collection of planks with the spell quest or trading. With the brand new fellowship you started, FA may be beyond your capabilities as a group.

While I am not fond of the spell items for FA, there are ways to work around it. What many fellowships do is post 0-star lopsided trades for the planks, silk and elixir. (100 silk for 200 crystal, for instance.) Then people take one as needed and repost the same trade for the next person. This way there's always a supply available. Making the trades lopsided is key though, as it discourages players from grabbing them all and helps indicate to would-be takers that this trade is specifically for the FA quests.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

Making the trades lopsided is key though, as it discourages players from grabbing them all and helps indicate to would-be takers that this trade is specifically for the FA quests.
Thank you for the advice. I wish all the players understood this but whenever I post a trade for my fellowship to pick up, it ends up being picked up by one of our neighbors. Too bad we don't have a button we can press when we only want our fellowship to pick up our trades. Sort of like what Forge of Empires has (hint, hint game devs.).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have had trades up for a week and no one is taking them
Too bad we don't have a button we can press when we only want our fellowship to pick up our trades.
Do you not see how trading would be even worse for you if FS only trades were implemented? No one would take your trades, AND you would never find trades on the map.:rolleyes:
I wish all the players understood this but whenever I post a trade for my fellowship to pick up, it ends up being picked up by one of our neighbors.
If this happens with lopsided trades, you should be thrilled! 100% profit! Just post more!