• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Are Event Quests a Hardship or Fun Challenge for New Players? I’m about to find out.

DeletedUser3122

there's no way for the developers to realistically have a quest line that is interesting and doable for a player in chapter 1, and also for a player in chapter 13.

The difference being, someone in chapter 13 has a lot, sometimes a massive amount, invested in the game. A new player? Not so much. I see way too many abandoned cities, don't you?

DeletedUser9601

The difference being, someone in chapter 13 has a lot, sometimes a massive amount, invested in the game. A new player? Not so much. I see way too many abandoned cities, don't you?
I do. But I don't want to blame abandoned cities on the mini-event quest structure. There's dozens of reasons to quit the game, but the fundamental one is that Elvenar has a certain playstyle and time requirement that not everyone enjoys.
There's lots you can't do in this game unless you spend months or years slowly building your city, and even then, there's more stuff you can't do unless you spend $100s on premium content. Some (I'd say most) gamers aren't looking for that kind of experience. And short of revamping the entire game, there's not much Inno can do to overcome that hurdle.

DeletedUser12171

saying that difficulty of events are a major reason new players quit is, honestly, a bit of a stretch. major events happen only 4 times a year (i haven't seen any hint of the fall event this year, don't know if it's even happening?), people join and leave the game all the time. how much can events be a push-factor for people leaving? if anything, I'd propose that events make a new player want to continue because of the variety and chance of winning prizes

honestly, I am a rather big skeptic of browser/flash-based games Before Elvenar, the last browser-based game I played was Mousehunt on Facebook, which I stopped in 2011. I came here thru a FB ad just to check things out because I was mildly interested in the city-building aspect, with only half a mind to stay. As I mentioned before, I started right smack in the middle of last year's Herds event. my current main city, I started about this time last year and am now in S&D and bordering on 200k points. I'm happy to report that 'difficult' events did not make me leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tauriel Dragonwood

DAY 1, 7 PM
Before you walk through grass wet with dew, sit a spell while I tell you a tale of what it’s like being a player that’s new.

I’m testing out a city in Felyndral to see if a new player will have any problems completing event quests, especially solving encounters. The Tale of the Wandering Moon Event is still going on. I have 68:16 hours remaining to complete this event. This is great! I forgot the event was still up and running ‘til Sept. 4th. So far, no problems but I only have a Main Hall, 4 residences, 3 workshops, a Builder’s Hut and a culture bonus that’s really low at 100%. Maybe that’s why I’m only earning 7 coins each from my residences.

For Quest 3, I have to recruit a tiny amount of units (25). Uh oh. I have no Barracks. To research Barracks it will cost me 1000 coins, 250 supplies and 8 Knowledge Points (KP). What luck! Tanavar has a request for me to go out in the world to gather knowledge. I need to negotiate 2 Encounters. Maybe that will give me KPs. What a pleasure to see Very Easy provinces on the World Map. Here I go to see if I can negotiate since I can’t fight. Wait!
I should find out what my boosted goods are first. Back to the Main Hall.

Ah, I see I have Planks, Silk and Gems as my boosted goods but they still need to be researched. Boy, does a new player have a lot of work to do. Back to the World Map to negotiate in a Planks Province. This is good news. My scout just said, “This will be a piece of cake for us. I recommend scouting it as soon as possible.” Oh no, how long do I have to wait to scout? What! Four seconds?

Tanavar reminded me that Knowledge Points increase with all the experience you gain, but you can collect them even faster out in the world.

Just received an advertisement to purchase diamonds for an additional Builder. Normally it would cost me 500 diamonds to unlock a 3rd builder but if I purchase some diamonds, I can get the builder for free. I’m going to buy 1100 diamonds, that’s all I can afford because this is the 1st of the month and bills have to be paid. Ugh! Wait a sec! In the three years I’ve been playing in Arendyll and Winyandor, I never received free builders. Looks like new players get some nice freebies if they’re willing to purchase a few diamonds.

After negotiating I now have the 8 KPs needed to build a Barracks. This new builder I received for free is awesome. It only took a minute to build a Barracks. Now to recruit 25 units to complete this event quest. In my Barracks are 3 slots where I can recruit and train up to 6 Sword Dancers at a time (18 total). Yes, math comes in handy when playing Elvenar. I only have 1006 supplies, more than enough to spend on recruiting. Since it’ll take 2 ½ hours to finish recruiting and training, I’ll have my workers start baking bread to gain more supplies. Oh my! I’ve forgotten how tiny and cute a level 1 Barracks is. I’m off to spend some quality time with my family until my barracks and workshops are finished.

Okay time’s up. Before I head over to the Barracks… what is that smell? Yumm, I better collect the bread that was baked so I have supplies to recruit more Sword Dancers. It took 2 ½ hours to complete the quest to “recruit a tiny amount of units (25)”. That is not a tiny amount of units for a new player.

The next quest is “Accept 2 trade offers or place 2 trade offers.” How is a new player supposed to do this if they have not completed the research for the Trader yet? The Trader is in the 6th column on the research tree. I’ll have to research the Steel and Marble Manufactories (8 KPs each), then research the Planks Production Boost (14 KPs), then research the Trader (19 KPs). 49 KPs I will need.

That was grueling. I built a Trader and completed that quest. Now there’s a quest to “Gain Ensorcelled Endowment Enchantment 1 time or use Ensorcelled Endowment Enchantment 1 time.” A new player has not even built a Magic Academy because it’s at the end of Chapter 1. To get to it I will need 41 KPs to finish research on the Magic Academy.

I've only acquired 7 provinces on the World Map. The provinces showing up now are Very Hard so back to negotiating. Instead of negotiating I decided to see if I had any neighbors nearby I could aid. Lo and behold, I have 8 neighbors and, of course, the last one I aided gave me an Ensorcelled Endowment spell. Another quest completed. Yay! Some of my neighbors look like they’ve quit already. They only have a few buildings constructed. I hope they haven’t quit because if they have, I’m going to be very lonely in Felyndral. Meanwhile, I set up a fellowship called The Woodland Realm and invited them all to join.

Next quest is “Give Neighborly Help 3 times.” I aided all 8 of my neighbors trying to get that Endowment Enchantment spell so now I’ll have to wait 24 hours to try again to complete this quest. I’m off to get some much-needed sleep.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

DAY 2, 1 PM:
Another day, another… yes! I’m not alone! I have neighbors who are exploring Elvenar in Felyndral. Two neighbors, but it’s better than none. GreatRobert0718 and Zebtar 99 donated coins to my Main Hall. Think I’ll repay the favor. That will help me work on the next event quest to “Give Neighborly Help 3 times.” Gwindor just stopped by to tell me he can teach me a few tricks if I research the Trader. Now he shows up after I had to find a dragon willing to work as my Trader, as long as I keep giving him his favorite snack. No, not my citizens. Bet you didn’t know dragons love to eat kale

Gwindor won’t reward me for having a Trader because I have an excess of coins. This is easily remedied. I’ll just spruce up my trees a wee bit. Seems the workers in the Builder’s Hut will only work on 3 tasks at a time. Must be a union thing. Now no more distractions! Back to the quest at hand.

Wouldn’t’ you know it? I can’t give neighborly help for at least 13 hours and the one neighbor who I don’t have to wait for doesn’t have any buildings to aid. Ugh! I’ll try acquiring more provinces. That should reveal new neighbors. Come on troops. Gear up!

Uh, never mind troops, go back to training or whatever you do when the commander is not around. There are only Very Hard provinces around my Mirkwood Forest so I will be negotiating. If I want to trade for the goods, I have to pay the Trader fee of 10 extra goods and most of the players have unfair 1-star trades up. I’m not trading with them. Time to focus my eyes on something far away so I don’t get nearsighted. Think I’ll focus on what’s in the fridge.

I’m back. Just finished scouting and managed to negotiate once. It seems I don’t have enough coins nor goods to negotiate in these Very Hard provinces. Wonder how many coins I will get if I sell off my residences? Hmmm? Only 550 and I will lose citizens and culture. Not a wise choice to make. It’s better to sell off some planks manufactories. I’ll get back 960 coins, 51 supplies, but I’ll lose 4 culture -31 ranking points and 27 of my citizens will become unemployed - temporarily unemployed. I think I got carried away upgrading all my buildings and scouting to the point where I only have 436 coins. Make sure you watch your finances new players. Can’t do anything in Elvenar without coins nor supplies.

I’ve decided not to sell off my planks because I will need those planks to trade for marble and steel to negotiate in the Very Hard provinces. You need neighbors and your fellowship to help you with trades. So far, the 7 players I sent an invitation to join my fellowship have not responded and neighbors I discovered will not be home for another 12 hours. The only thing I can do is log off. So sad that this is what a new player has to face trying to complete quests in this event.

No wonder my slew of friends left. When they saw they were only left with the option to buy diamonds if they wanted to negotiate in the Very Hard provinces, they assumed the game was forcing them to buy diamonds if they wanted to continue playing. Never assume anything! I think you know why. There is always another strategy for a new player to try and I see a ray of hope over the horizon. The next tournament will be here in 45 hours. I have to wait 2 days? Ugh!!!!!

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

Are Event Quests a Hardship or Fun Challenge for New Players? I’m about to find out.
What I have discovered from playing as a new player is this Tale of the Wandering Moon event is a fun challenge. In regards to their military, new players are tactically still inferior so they have no choice but to negotiate in the Very Hard provinces until they can fight. If they don’t want to trade with neighbors who are not willing to trade fairly (2 or 3 stars), they are forced to build non-boosted goods.

New players have so many obstacles to overcome that now I can understand why they get frustrated and quit the game. When you first begin playing Elvenar, it is a struggle just learning the game mechanics. But if you never surrender, never give up, you will succeed at building a prosperous city and being able to complete the events.

So, if you want to participate in these events and be part of this online community of Elvenar players, get those citizens in your cities to work so they can produce supplies from your workshops and boosted goods from your manufactories. Build more residences and upgrade them. More citizens working and playing means more coins you can collect from them paying their taxes.

It is very important for new players to learn how to trade. Build a Trader as quickly as possible so you can trade for the goods you need to complete quests. To ease the burden of finding a neighbor who trades fairly, join a fellowship or if you can’t find one that will take a beginner player, create one yourself.

I created my own fellowship called The Woodland Realm. Members willing to trade fairly helped me to reach Quest 22: “Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [1 day] 1 time.” If I had worked on the event when it started, I think I would have been able to complete all the quests. There will be another event arriving soon so I’ll have another try at finishing it.

Maybe knowing how much a fellowship can help new players, will convince them to join one. Out of 31 invitations I sent, only 3 players joined my fellowship. Where is everyone? I hope I wasn’t placed in an abyss where no life exists.

Game devs please…

For those of us who work and other Elvenar players near and far,
small event quests help us find time to continue enjoying Elvenar.​

Here is some advice I’d like to share with all the new players out there.

Please communicate with your Fellowship. You don’t have to chat up a storm but communication is very important in Elvenar.

Rune Shards are required to build Ancient Wonders.
Some increase your population so residences you won’t need to build a ton.
Some increase your military might so your troops will find it easy to win a fight.
Tournaments are where to go say Bards, when in need of Rune Shards.

If you need relics but have trouble with Encounters on the World Map, head to the Tournaments.
Don your armor and make sure you’re properly dressed, to defeat those beasties and complete the quest.

You will need a formidable force to defeat those creatures in the Tournaments, as well as the World Map provinces. Battles get easier if you Research Promotions, Squad Size Upgrades, & Advanced Scouts. Upgrade Barracks/Armories to increase training speed & squad size. Build & upgrade AWs that increase health & strength of your troops.

Always strive to improve, not only in the virtual world to learn something new, but in the real world too.​

Here are a few guides to help new players.

Scroll down on the login screen or use the Forum & Wiki shortcut when logged in to Elvenar to find detailed information that will make your journey more exciting & fun. The shortcut is found in the bottom right corner (near the gear icon) that will magically transport you there. Click on it if you dare.

Mykan’s Guide to Elvenar and Bobbykitty’s Guide for New Players.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/new-player-guide-beginner-guide.3461/

While you’re enjoying some mead, Platinum Leaf’s Elvenar Basics-10 Golden Rules of Space Optimization (Parts 1&2) is a must read

Mykan's Guide – Tournament
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-tournaments.4014/

Crazy Wizard’s Fellowship Chest Reward Tournaments Chart.
http://crazywizard.info/en/tnt_tournament_rewards.html

Check out the instructional videos nomar123 of GemsofKnowledge created to help us in the tournaments.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/preparing-for-the-tournaments.8818/

According to GemsofElvenar, keep plenty of Ancient Knowledge Instants handy! Spending these will also count as spending KPs. They must keep all the event quests locked in a jar. Check now and then GemsofElvenar to see what the quests are. https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com

Other than the space to build a wonder and the KPs to level them, there’s no real downside for any wonder.
Here are some websites with an abundance of knowledge to help you choose which AWs to use.

Elvenar’s Wiki is where to go for anything Elvenar you need to know.
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders

Gems of Knowledge has a wealth of knowledge on Ancient Wonders.
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/the-ancient-wonders

Their Ancient Wonder’s Comparison Guide should help you decide.
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/ancient-wonders-compare

If you need to know which AWs are more efficient and fun, dismount your dragon and to Mykans Guide-Wonders run!
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-wonders.4029/#post-24866
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-wonders.4029/page-2#post-76494

I’d like to close with these inspiring words for new players from General Rhim.
“May the winds of progress lead to great discoveries.”​

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

I wish I had seen this a day or so earlier. One thing I'd stress is that for chapter 1 (and even through the first 3-4 chapters really), your main source of coins and supplies will be from the rotating quests, not from the residences and workshops. By constantly rotating the quests, you can stay maxed on coins and supplies and get half way through the first chapter in just a few hours and be in chapter 2 in a few days.

The tournament will also be vital to doing an event for both spells and relics.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It took 2 ½ hours to complete the quest to “recruit a tiny amount of units (25)”. That is not a tiny amount of units for a new player.
At very low levels upgrading the barracks makes a massive difference.
If you had upgraded from level 1 to level 2 you would have increased production by 100%
so instead of 2.5 hours, it would have taken 1h and 15m (plus 1h to upgrade) so you'd come out ahead, and also be better off for all future "train x" quests.

How is a new player supposed to do this if they have not completed the research for the Trader yet?
The answer to this is right in the question.

I can’t give neighborly help for at least 13 hours and the one neighbor who I don’t have to wait for doesn’t have any buildings to aid.
If you use mobile for visits you can give help even to a MH that is upgrading.

So far, the 7 players I sent an invitation to join my fellowship have not responded
Making your own FS in chapter 1 is a huge mistake if you are trying to play quickly. There are fellowships on every server willing to take in brand new active players-- just use the forums.
. So far, the 7 players I sent an invitation to join my fellowship have not responded and neighbors I discovered will not be home for another 12 hours. The only thing I can do is log off. So sad that this is what a new player has to face trying to complete quests in this event.
IMO players shouldn't even be allowed to make a FS until chapter 3+

DeletedUser3122

IMO players shouldn't even be allowed to make a FS until chapter 3+

Agreed. I don't understand why anyone would want to anyway. FSs are to help players. If you're only in chapter 1, you're relying on other players rather than the AM helping. Kinda role reversal. I'd want to be in a FS that could help me grow and understand the game. I'm helping some folks in my FS, that have low rank, understand the very basics of having enough culture bonus not to build 16 workshops and 8 T1s. They don't tend to take this information too well either. :D They think it's about ranking.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Risen Malchiah
I'm not too sure rotating quests in Chapter 1 is wise. I read Mykans Guide – Repeatable Quests and he advised not to rotate quests often because you could miss out on repeating this quest if a future game update prevents it, causing you distress. I visit Elvenar to destress so I don’t think I will be declining repeatable quests for some time now. If I see a quest to upgrade buildings, I may hold off on completing that quest in case we get an event asking to upgrade buildings. I hate those types of quests.

Playing as a new player, my main source of coins and supplies are coming from my residences and workshops and I'm following the storyline.

Read Mykans Guide – Repeatable Quests and Mainline Quests. Here’s the link.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/

Here’s a quote of Mykan’s strategy for repeatable quests. Guys, Mykan’s very wise.

Strategy
A strategy used by some players is to decline a repeatable quest until they get a quest they want which compliments an action they are going to take in the game. This can be a great way to increase your coins and supplies and is very effective in early chapters. A warning however with this is quests were not designed to be used in this fashion and could be considered an exploit of a game feature. While there is nothing inherently wrong with this approach be careful that if you base your strategy on relying in this that it is possible a future game update may prevent this causing you distress. Previously an update on beta did prevent this but never came to the live server.

The game can be played without relying on this strategy and occasional declining of quests for a more casual player.

I want my friends back in the game and if they understand what is involved with being a new player, they might return. I think the reason why the World Map provinces went from Very Easy to now Very Hard is my troops are not properly trained yet to fight. So some of the wise game devs halted us new players from solving encounters on the World Map until we get much stronger by upgrading our Barracks and Armories. Being an elf (I do live in the Mirkwood Forest), I only have Sword Dancers and Archers to train right now.

The game devs, in an act of mercy, gave us Treants. Yay! Love fighting trees. A Mist Walker has a higher movement range and can keep out of range of my Sword Dancers, but she made one crucial mistake. Walked into the arms of my Treant. Yes!

If I have to negotiate and might have to if an event arrives, I'll be in a for a challenge trying to get the goods I need. Neighbors around me and some of the players in my fellowship like to trade unfairly. I absolutely, positively, emphatically will NOT trade when it's a 0 or 1-star trade.

I’m off to Felyndral to create undreamed-of harmony. I’m laying down new streets (giggling).

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

If you're only in chapter 1, you're relying on other players rather than the AM helping.
I'll say, being in a 25-person FS in chapter 1, meaning 25 people to give help to, and a few people to keep all your culture buildings polished, really trivializes the gold and supplies requirements of the first few chapters. Which is nice considering that the first few chapters are a real bear for scouting and negotiating encounters (even more so if you skip optional squad size techs).
I don't think you could meaningfully progress by skipping optional squad size techs without being in an FS. Or, it would just take you 6 months to get to Dwarves.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
if you base your strategy on relying in this that it is possible a future game update may prevent this causing you distress
^^The exact quote from Mykan's Guide/Repeatable Quests. Bolding is mine. In my small city (started in May, now end of Ch4), I'd have never been able to do all I have done in the tournaments, map provinces, Events and FA's if I had not cycled quests. In my original city (in Ch10 S&D), I can't tell you how long it's been since I bothered with cycling quests, months if not a year or more. Just because they might sometime in the future remove the ability to cycle these quests is not going to stop me from playing the game as it is currently designed and using the tools I'm given for the most benefit. They 'might' do a lot of things in the future. If they do, I'll adjust my strategy then.
Or, it would just take you 6 months to get to Dwarves.
Yes. Good thing I don't care how fast I progress through the tech tree, lol. I started an FS as soon as I started the city in May and it is not a 'real' FS at all. And I've skipped all optional SS upgrades from the beginning. Sitting at the end of Ch4 trying to get the provinces needed to open the chest for Ch5. I'm stubborn, though, and will slog through since I know things will get better in another chapter or so. I just really want to see the difference in the tourneys compared to my S&D city where I didn't start skipping them until Dwarves.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Chapter 1 and 2 are some of the best chapters to cycle quests in. They are the easiest and rotate fairly quickly plus give you a good start up of cash and coins. It gets boring fast as you move into other chapters though.

Or, it would just take you 6 months to get to Dwarves.
It took me about this long on my little town to reach dwarves because I skipped all optional techs and because I limited my factories to 1 of each type only. Had I upped my factories I could have negotiated through the pain much quicker. It is nice that experienced players help out the new ones in those early chapters, but it is critical that they teach them too. Not much worse than a player in dwarves still expecting handouts because they never learnt how to balance their town, factories, tournament play, etc.

DeletedUser3468

I found the latest Event quite easy to do in my lower level cities. It actually took me longer to finish it in my cities that are in Woodelves than it did in my tiny chapter 4 cities. As for the Ensorcelled Endowment spell, as long as you have your Magic Academy (from the very end of chapter 1) you can make that spell. It's one of the first 2 that you get. You can also get it in the tournement in the second round if you have enough provinces open. It would be difficult for a chapter 1 player, but not impossible. What is harder or nearly impossible for lower level players is the "upgrade a building to level 15 or higher" without having an alternate quest like "scout a province" or "complete a research".
The Tale of the Wandering Moon Event was not at all difficult to complete in the time allotted as long as you planned properly, so, no, I don't think they are a hardship in this particular case.

Risen Malchiah

Gamers Gems has a nice list of what the optional quests are for the early chapters. If you glance at that, you'll see that many of those quests give FAR more coins and supplies than what a little city can produce on its own. The time saved is considerable and my most recent city went from chapter 1 to Dwarves in ~15 weeks (even slowing down to do all events and not scouting constantly). For those who dare to push past the minimum provinces for each chapter or buy more kp, it could go even quicker.

Tauriel Dragonwood

You can also get it in the tournement in the second round if you have enough provinces open. It would be difficult for a chapter 1 player, but not impossible.
You're absolutely correct when you say it's difficult to get an EE spell in the tournaments for chapter 1 players, but not impossible. It's difficult because new players (I'm in chapter 1) only get to compete in one province each day. One wee little notch on the tournament board then we have to wait until the next day to compete again. The battles are not that difficult. Why can't we have at least 5 provinces to compete in?

One thing I like is my fellowship members are competing in the tournaments, That is, 3 out of 4 are. But they are not communicating. Why is it so hard for members of a fellowship to type a message? Are they playing on a mobile device and can't read nor send messages? Is that the reason?

DeletedUser19190

I started my town in us7 with 57 hours left and managed to complete the event in time, obviously also with the enchantment from a neighborly visit. I think it could have been done in less than 48 hours.

Something else bothered me though. I sent lots of applications to nearly complete fellowships that from their description would gladly accept new players, and none replied. Finally I stumbled onto one that accepted applications automatically.

By the way, I entered the current Gems tournament with three provinces, because I purposely scouted them.

DeletedUser3122

I read Mykans Guide – Repeatable Quests and he advised not to rotate quests often because you could miss out on repeating this quest if a future game update prevents it, causing you distress. I visit Elvenar to destress so I don’t think I will be declining repeatable quests for some time now. If I see a quest to upgrade buildings, I may hold off on completing that quest in case we get an event asking to upgrade buildings. I hate those types of quests.

When you're a new player, waiting to complete a repeatable quest might actually cost far more than declining it and moving on, to complete lots more quests in the same time period as waiting. The only rewards in the early chapters declinable quests are only gold and tools anyway. I had a declinable 150% culture quest (my culture was 170%), and I wasn't about to drop that culture, knowing I'd need it in the very near future. It gave the same as some other declinable quests rewards. The other quests repeat and there's nothing to miss out on, at least in chapter 1.

The larger issue here is: why does Inno force us to cycle quests? I've played countless other games where the quest sits up there until I do it. There is no way to decline it, unless you actually make it decline. The cycling is demeaning to experienced players who have better things to do than click endlessly. There are drop-down menus in Elvenar. There's no reason they can't make it happen except for low priority to the developers. Nothing pointed out the nonsense of cycling more than Fellowship Adventures. Repetitive motion injury is very real (totally unnecessary) and for a gaming industry to say, "Well then don't play" is chasing away customers.

So some of the wise game devs halted us new players from solving encounters on the World Map until we get much stronger by upgrading our Barracks and Armories.

Nah, it still could show the medium and hard provinces. It should go by ring from the beginning. If it doesn't, they've done something in their coding that doesn't make sense except maybe later on. I don't think it's due to "wise" as "convenience" in not fixing it.

a player in dwarves still expecting handouts because they never learnt how to balance their town, factories, tournament play, etc.

True, but my experience has been, when you try to give solid and logical suggestions why they should build their city a certain way, they get mad and think you're trying to cramp their style, then wonder why people are passing their scores so fast. I've seen it time & again. Then they accuse you of cheating somehow because you're jumping up in scores (without diamonds)..... been there, done that. Even getting some of my FS on board, using the City Optimization Guide? It doesn't happen too much, so I do my best to seek out players that already have some of the concept down or are young enough cities to actually take advice.

As for the Ensorcelled Endowment spell, as long as you have your Magic Academy (from the very end of chapter 1) you can make that spell. It's one of the first 2 that you get. You can also get it in the tournement in the second round if you have enough provinces open.

Tournament requires being in a FS and having enough explored provinces of the tournament type. A chapter 1 player has 1-3 of those provinces. Since I still don't have my Magic Academy (that's still a couple days away since I'm not going to any effort to buy KP by cycling quests since I'm in no rush), I couldn't produce Ensorcelled Endowment. Since I didn't have enough provinces scouted for the tournament, I couldn't get to the rounds that give it as a reward, plus I wasn't in a FS to play the tournament. I am now but not enough gems provinces (only 1 so far). And, the event ended the day before the new tournament started. Since I didn't have enough explored neighbors, I couldn't get the 3 chests per day (as you know, you need a lot more neighbors than 10-15 to get the 3 chests sometimes), to randomly get the spell.

One thing I like is my fellowship members are competing in the tournaments, That is, 3 out of 4 are. But they are not communicating. Why is it so hard for members of a fellowship to type a message? Are they playing on a mobile device and can't read nor send messages? Is that the reason?

The majority of my FS members never type in chat. Many of them are simply too shy or uninterested in game chat. Chat can be seen and used in the mobile app. It's just the way most players are. They can't see email if on mobile, but even if they're playing on the PC, the majority don't respond to my email. But they do the requirements so I know they're paying attention.

I entered the current Gems tournament with three provinces, because I purposely scouted them.

Can't do that in Chapter 1. I had 1 completed but to complete others is difficult, when they jump from "Easy" to "Very Hard".

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The larger issue here is: why does Inno force us to cycle quests? I've played countless other games where the quest sits up there until I do it. There is no way to decline it, unless you actually make it decline. The cycling is demeaning to experienced players who have better things to do than click endlessly. There are drop-down menus in Elvenar.

Why do you assume they are forcing quest cycling (except FA)? At no point is it actually needed, even chapter 1/2. We also know they actually prevented it in beta but reversed the change due to the complaining, its the player base who want it.

As to drop down menus, I might break down and cry if they put them in place and will be very grumpy at anyone who suggested such an out-dated option. In the case of an FA, if drop downs is the only other option they are better to leave it as it is and just stick a previous button on the quest list.

Regardless we wait for the new quest system and will see what it brings, including if it will bring an end to quest cycling???

Last edited:

DeletedUser2768

Why do you assume they are forcing quest cycling (except FA)? At no point is it actually needed, even chapter 1/2. We also know they actually prevented it in beta but reversed the change due to the complaining, its the player base who want it.

As to drop down menus, I might break down and cry if they put them in place and will be very grumpy at anyone who suggested such an out-dated option option. In the case of an FA if drop downs is the only other option they are better to leave it as it is and just stick a previous button on the quest list.

Regardless we wait for the new quest system and will see what it brings, including if it will bring an end to quest cycling???

Initially, the idea of a drop down quest selection list appeals. Then I think about just how many quests that would be and I agree with you. That would be decidedly LESS fun than what is currently in place.