• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Autumn Zodiac event

Count Rupert

My world also was from the time when there were no AW's at all, so KPs went to waste when one was techlocked. No troops to start your game with either. No instants, no spells (or perhaps only the PoP, EE and MM, it's been so long I don't remember anymore), no crafting, no tourney, no events, no in-game diamonds. I remember when the Dwarven chapter was the last one in the techtree.

So things have changed. The game has in many ways become easier on beginning players as they have opportunities and game-mechanics older players never had when they started.

That doesn't mean you aren't right; I already agreed that the game lacks real chances to catch up....except by spending time and having patience.
I never thought I'd be doing 10+ then 20+ let alone 30+ provinces in a tourney. Never thought I'd have as many troops or goods or spells or spellfragments etc as I do.
You will get there too; it will take time. And as I said, the game changes, so I'm pretty sure there will be more sources of spellfragments coming along too, as you are not the only one with this problem, so there will be more people commenting on it, then it will slowly cycle down to the dev team. It just will take some time.

But my remark was made because I have started a new city and because I have re-activated my beta city. And in both cities I have had no issues at all getting enough spellfragments to keep crafting several items a day. Again, it takes some planning and it takes patience and it takes time.

(Edit)
Don't forget that this is what I started with:

"Actually, I foresee the next complaint to come; many players will be running out of spellfragments way before they run out of CC spells."
Fair enough. Starting at the ground floor you go through a lot of teething stages and waiting for content. What makes spell fragments so contentious is there are no workarounds. Those moonstone libraries pumping out the spell fragments are also pumping out the CCs as well. At least for the CC I found a reasonable workaround. Forbidden Ruins started days after I started playing. I wasn't very far chapter wise at that point but I had read a lot on the forum and decided the set was worth making a serious push to obtain. I was already having issues with crafting and I wanted that CC the set offered. Getting blossoms was nice as well. I ended up with a full set plus 4, one of which was another main building which allowed me to position the set that both main building got the max bonus. Over time FAs offered tomes that offered Forgotten Ruins and I eventually reach the point I have 3 main buildings receiving the max bonus. I was able to cobble together a collection in a similar fashion of the Pilgrim Manor set to max the bonus on two main buildings for 2 more CC. Two steam golems and the moonstone set at a CC each round out getting 8 CC a day. While this greatly improved my CC situation it worsen an already bad situation with spell fragments as the lack of CCs were more of a problem than the spell fragments. Without CCs holding back crafting meant spell fragments which were already in short supply became almost nonexistent as I could craft more cycles. Which is where I am now because there is no workaround to obtaining spell fragments. You can get them from a moonstone library of which I'm limited to one, get them from the spire where you're at the mercy of the rng, or disenchant buildings where you're at the mercy of availability. I may be close to you in tournaments. I've done 46 provinces. The problem is I lack the traditional support like the brown and polar bears, and the AWs that support fighting are not anywhere near where they need to be if I'm to do 30+ runs frequently. I can do 20 a week without much trouble.

You hadn't mentioned that statement was contingent on limiting your crafting several items a day. If I were to restrict myself to one or two items a day I might not have the problems I'm currently experiencing but I also wouldn't have the buildings I have now.

Yogi Dave

I am curious how our annual bear themed event turned into a serpent this year. What will happen next? Will we get a pig themed evolving building instead of a Phoenix in 2024?
Last year the evolving buildings was the Witty Racoon and the year before it was the Red Panda Master. Taxonomy has the racoon and red panda in the same family while the giant panda is in the bear family. Bears have been gone for a while now. I like the look of this building and it's animations as it's evolved. I do wish we could keep looking like one of the early evolution stages, but the final looks cool too.

About the CCs it produces: A feeding last 2 1/2 days, which should get one a good ways through the tourney, so sometimes you might want to feed it twice. Although there are more pet food recipes, crafting now requires an extra CC. You will get back more CCs than the pet food cost, so that's no loss. Overall, I think this is a very good building for players at all levels.

As mentioned earlier, it can produce more CCs than 3 or more moonstone libraries. However, it doesn't provide near the population as them, there is the loss of spell frags and you lose the convenience of getting a CC each day which is helpful with some of the daily quests.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
That line is being drawn between those who have been playing long enough to have multiple Moonstones(advanced) and those who started playing after only 1 per city was allowed. It is also being drawn between those who Spired and collected multiple sets(active) and those who did not. So advanced active players have millions of spell fragments and everyone else can just frag their inventory! Or craft less.

I think that afraid is the wrong word.
View attachment 16483
I'm kicking myself for all the excess moonstone libraries that I fragged over the years simply because they were low chapter and I didn't want to spend so many rrs, thinking I'd just get current chapter ones. At one point I had a dozen at least. I only kept four and now I treat them like precious rubies. I really feel sorry for anyone who can only get one. :(

Darielle

You might want to re-check the stats on the Tinlug, Star Serpent evolving building. It looks to me like at your level it would be giving sentient goods, seeds, and 3 knowledge points daily once fully evolved.
Yep, I was looking at an unevolved one. I'll be building that one for sure. Thanks.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I must be missing something because I’m not all that excited about the Star Serpent. I don’t rush tournament so I won’t get more than maybe 3 rounds in while it’s active, and the base production doesn’t wow me, which means the value is in the feeding effect…that I don’t really need and will probably rarely use. *shrug* I had been collecting all the buildings that produced sentient goods but I have so many now that I’m starting to get more picky, and the production on this feels low. It will give S3 (although not until my next chapter), which is very rare, so maybe it’ll be worth getting anyway.
I really feel sorry for anyone who can only get one. :(
I’ve only ever had one, and I’m (relatively) swimming in frags at 285K, so it’s not automatically a game-breaker. ;)

Sir Bently

Ok I was asked the question about the Tinlug One of my teammates was asking is the Tinlug won during the Autumn Zodiac event or at the end of the event ?

Yogi Dave

Ok I was asked the question about the Tinlug One of my teammates was asking is the Tinlug won during the Autumn Zodiac event or at the end of the event ?
When you open the event dialog and click the 'claim' button, you can immediately claim it at level 1. Once you place it, you can evolve it as you get artifacts or you just leave it in inventory until you are ready to place it. If you are about to move into a new chapter, you may want to not claim it until you have done the advance scouting tech. That way the buildings is set for that chapter.
I must be missing something because I’m not all that excited about the Star Serpent. I don’t rush tournament so I won’t get more than maybe 3 rounds in while it’s active, and the base production doesn’t wow me, which means the value is in the feeding effect…that I don’t really need and will probably rarely use. *shrug* I had been collecting all the buildings that produced sentient goods but I have so many now that I’m starting to get more picky, and the production on this feels low. It will give S3 (although not until my next chapter), which is very rare, so maybe it’ll be worth getting anyway
I don't understand why you think you may be missing something since you explained so well why it doesn't benefit you. All the talk has been about what it does that you don't need. Nothing to miss.

Darielle

I’ve only ever had one, and I’m (relatively) swimming in frags at 285K, so it’s not automatically a game-breaker. ;)

I have four moonstone libraries and I've got half as many frags as you do, and I do spire, running up in most weeks. I'm in awe. :)

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I don't understand why you think you may be missing something since you explained so well why it doesn't benefit you. All the talk has been about what it does that you don't need. Nothing to miss.
Good point. My brain is lagging today. :p
I have four moonstone libraries and I've got half as many frags as you do, and I do spire, running up in most weeks. I'm in awe. :)
Haha! I’m just sparing with my crafting. My smaller ch. 9 city has 624k, because I haven’t crafted many artefacts there. :D

Flashfyre

1 Moonstone, 322 CCs and 181K frags as of Chapter as of Chapter 11.
Haha! I’m just sparing with my crafting. My smaller ch. 9 city has 624k, because I haven’t crafted many artefacts there. :D
This is where we caterers have an advantage: without the need to craft martial buildings, bears and phoenixes, we can be choosy as to what, if anything, we spend our frags/CCs on.

hoopity

I'm disappointed. Bear artifacts and phoenix artifacts are incredibly powerful for long term play. Last year we had a 2:1 conversion recipe for the raccoon artifacts, which was better than nothing at all. Is there a conversion for tinlug? Will there be some other way to get bear artifacts?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Just watched the idavis video on the new evolving building. It almost looks good actually. Which i havnt said in a while. Im always for more catalysts. And having them come from doing tourney is an interesting method of acquisition. Its feeding time is less then the tourney time tho. Im not thrilled about that. However, i can accept that one as an incentive to do/complete other things later in the game; such as the moon bear and the time warp aw. Complete those and you can increase the usefulness of the new evolving buildings effect.
(Tho i wonder the exact time for this new effect. Because if its 2 pet foods a week and you had to use one on new building and one on moon bear, then its still the same amount. Still has other benefits, but technically, the same amount of pet food. If its more then 2.. then it might end up being a ineffective waste; kinda like two of the original phoenixes. They are decent, but with such a short pet food time... almost useless. ;All Hail fire phoenix] ).

While looking on the info on the new evolving building, i am left with some questions tho.
1. What is the actual feeding effect time? In the idavis video, iirc, it shows '2 days'. On the idavis site, it says 'duration 60h'. 48 h vs 60h is a bit of a difference. Especially for a 5 day tourney. Thats the diff between 2 or 3 pet foods. And i refer back to what i said above about that.

2. The text on the site reads "Gives one Combining Catalyst after solving a few Tournament Encounters. Evolving the building reduces the number of Encounters needed."
I get the idea... but what is the exact number of provinces per catalysts? Or is it randomized, just with larger or smaller pools of numbers?
That number could drastically change how useful this is or is not. We could all have a different idea of what 'a few' provs counts as.

Edit: (i forgot to add this thought)
I also have to note one potential problem. More in the system then the building. I mentioned how the idea of completing other things, like moon bear/timewarp would thus increase usefullness of this evolving building was fine, maybe even interesting. To be more specific, shortening the tourney cool down time up to 100% will help this building... its an idea i love. I was excited the very first time i saw those two buildings (As im not far enough to unlock that aw.) .. But... At the same time, its also becoming partially useless, which is sad. With these never ending events, back to back to back to back... and all the quests for completing tourney provs/collect relics (quests i prefer actually).. having them never ending, makes the idea of being able to do tourney all at once become a hindrance rather then something awesome. Because if you do it all at once, then you have issues completing those quests when they show up. The only way around that is to either not use these benefits (then what was the point of it all?) or to mass enough resources to do all the quests in a day or two at the start (or as quickly as possible.) Which is something inno has tried to prevent. - So i find these never ending quests to cause massive interference with the good things in the game; even to the point of neutralizing them. And thats a bad system design.

Last edited:

Count Rupert

Just watched the idavis video on the new evolving building. It almost looks good actually. Which i havnt said in a while. Im always for more catalysts. And having them come from doing tourney is an interesting method of acquisition. Its feeding time is less then the tourney time tho. Im not thrilled about that. However, i can accept that one as an incentive to do/complete other things later in the game; such as the moon bear and the time warp aw. Complete those and you can increase the usefulness of the new evolving buildings effect.
(Tho i wonder the exact time for this new effect. Because if its 2 pet foods a week and you had to use one on new building and one on moon bear, then its still the same amount. Still has other benefits, but technically, the same amount of pet food. If its more then 2.. then it might end up being a ineffective waste; kinda like two of the original phoenixes. They are decent, but with such a short pet food time... almost useless. ;All Hail fire phoenix] ).

While looking on the info on the new evolving building, i am left with some questions tho.
1. What is the actual feeding effect time? In the idavis video, iirc, it shows '2 days'. On the idavis site, it says 'duration 60h'. 48 h vs 60h is a bit of a difference. Especially for a 5 day tourney. Thats the diff between 2 or 3 pet foods. And i refer back to what i said above about that.

2. The text on the site reads "Gives one Combining Catalyst after solving a few Tournament Encounters. Evolving the building reduces the number of Encounters needed."
I get the idea... but what is the exact number of provinces per catalysts? Or is it randomized, just with larger or smaller pools of numbers?
That number could drastically change how useful this is or is not. We could all have a different idea of what 'a few' provs counts as.

Edit: (i forgot to add this thought)
I also have to note one potential problem. More in the system then the building. I mentioned how the idea of completing other things, like moon bear/timewarp would thus increase usefullness of this evolving building was fine, maybe even interesting. To be more specific, shortening the tourney cool down time up to 100% will help this building... its an idea i love. I was excited the very first time i saw those two buildings (As im not far enough to unlock that aw.) .. But... At the same time, its also becoming partially useless, which is sad. With these never ending events, back to back to back to back... and all the quests for completing tourney provs/collect relics (quests i prefer actually).. having them never ending, makes the idea of being able to do tourney all at once become a hindrance rather then something awesome. Because if you do it all at once, then you have issues completing those quests when they show up. The only way around that is to either not use these benefits (then what was the point of it all?) or to mass enough resources to do all the quests in a day or two at the start (or as quickly as possible.) Which is something inno has tried to prevent. - So i find these never ending quests to cause massive interference with the good things in the game; even to the point of neutralizing them. And thats a bad system design.
If I'm not mistaken I think you mean polar bear, not moon bear.

The number of CCs you get are fixed tied to the level you have it raised to. 1-2 you get 1 CC for every 10 provinces. 3-4 takes only 9 provinces, 5-6 takes 8, 7-8 needs 7, level 9 takes 6 and a maxed out Tinlug returns 1 CC for every 5 provinces.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
If I'm not mistaken I think you mean polar bear, not moon bear.
right.. sry, i just got up, havnt been sleeping well. My brain hasnt woken up all the way yet...

The number of CCs you get are fixed tied to the level you have it raised to. 1-2 you get 1 CC for every 10 provinces. 3-4 takes only 9 provinces, 5-6 takes 8, 7-8 needs 7, level 9 takes 6 and a maxed out Tinlug returns 1 CC for every 5 provinces.
good to know. Thanks.
A tad high imo. But somehow i expected that.
That obviously makes it more useful to players that can rly go long in tourney. And less so for mid players.
Right now i do around 72ish encounters per week depending on the week. (around 2900-3k points). So thats 14 catalysts at lvl 10.
Pet foods usually take 3 catalysts to produce. If you need 2 pet foods per week, then that is 6 catalysts jsut to get going. Yeilding me 8 extra catalysts per week. So basically, close to 1 a day at my level. Keeping in mind the other cost of the pet food; spell frags or relics. So im basically exchanging either spell frags (forget the amount) or 10 (5*2) relics for 8 catalysts. - Sounds a lot less impressive when broken down like that.
If they counted spire encounters, then that would certainly change the equation.. But i havnt heard anything about them doing that.

So im starting to see this rly as more a benefit for larger, better tourney equipped players then myself. Ones that can go a lot further.
If your going less.. then its going to become more a hindrance. - 30 encounters would equal 6 catalysts (at building lvl 10). Which would tie the catalyst cost to make two petfoods). Tho you would still lose out on the frags or relics. So anything around there is probably more a loss to use this.

I do note tho, then im only looking at the feeding effect in that calculation. Not the other stats it has. - I like the 3 kp per day.

Last edited:

Count Rupert

right.. sry, i just got up, havnt been sleeping well. My brain hasnt woken up all the way yet...

good to know. Thanks.
A tad high imo. But somehow i expected that.
That obviously makes it more useful to players that can rly go long in tourney. And less so for mid players.
Right now i do around 72ish encounters per week depending on the week. (around 2900-3k points). So thats 14 catalysts at lvl 10.
Pet foods usually take 3 catalysts to produce. If you need 2 pet foods per week, then that is 6 catalysts jsut to get going. Yeilding me 8 extra catalysts per week. So basically, close to 1 a day at my level. Keeping in mind the other cost of the pet food; spell frags or relics. So im basically exchanging either spell frags (forget the amount) or 10 (5*2) relics for 8 catalysts. - Sounds a lot less impressive when broken down like that.
If they counted spire encounters, then that would certainly change the equation.. But i havnt heard anything about them doing that.

So im starting to see this rly as more a benefit for larger, better tourney equipped players then myself. Ones that can go a lot further.
If your going less.. then its going to become more a hindrance. - 30 encounters would equal 6 catalysts (at building lvl 10). Which would tie the catalyst cost to make two petfoods). Tho you would still lose out on the frags or relics. So anything around there is probably more a loss to use this.

I do note tho, then im only looking at the feeding effect in that calculation. Not the other stats it has. - I like the 3 kp per day.
I think it comes down to what other uses you have for the pet food you would use. After all you're most likely making all the pet food you see anyway. So it's not that you're specifically making pet food for the Tinlug. Given that CC costs have been adjusted upwards means the CCs you're getting currently through whatever means are not going to go as far as they have been. Meaning you'll either do with less or find a way to get more CCs. For newer players this is already a problem in that they're using MA space to produce CCs over something they want/need. This may be something you get for what it can do for you further down the road than just what it can do for you today.