• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

AW Help Rewards - Inconsistent?

DeletedUser

What happens when two people tie for one of the places? In the last two days I have had different rewards given for the same situation. Yesterday, places 3 and 4 tied, and both got a rune and 5kp. Today, places 3 and 4 tied, and both got 5kp. No rune was given to either player. Please explain how rewards are supposed to be given in tie situations at top, middle and bottom. Also, is there any other reason that part of the reward might have been withheld from a player? (i.e. is there a maximum number of runes you can accumulate? or some other reason?) And lastly, is there a way a player can still get a reward that was not given?

Anyone who can help - I would appreciate it.

DeletedUser594

I believe the first person to claim the spot gets the rewards for the spot. If you reach 2nd place and I put in enough runes to tie for 2nd and the building upgrades then you would get the 2nd place rewards and I would take 3rd.

DeletedUser

Varron thank you for your reply. I have a problem with that answer though because if that is true then how did I get a rune when I was shown in fourth place - but had the same number of kp as the third place person? Its just confusing me .... either its inconsistent or there's a glitch or people are not finding the rune they were rewarded. Which of course is totally possible as if it IS awarded - it is simply thrown into inventory with no announcement and there is no way to see when inventory is added. Also your collection of runes is like the granite and copper in that it is not shown on the status bar on your main page. You have to dig for it.

DeletedUser61

If you want to lock down a particular slot the formula is
  • ADD = Half of (Remaining points in the level - your lead + your lag)
  • If there are 100 points left in the level, as an example, and you have a 20 point lead
    then (100 - 20) / 2 = 40.
  • If you contribute 40 points you'll have a lead of 60 points, with 60 points left in the level, so you cannot be displaced.
  • One of the major hassles is that folks STOP contributing when all of the award positions are locked, and your AW Level will just sit there with no further contributions until you finish it yourself.
The way the awards are "supposed" to work, but we've only tested it a handful of times, is as follows:
  • Each AW level has a total awards pool that about 10% of the KPs in the level, and Rune Shards equal to the level
  • KPs are awarded in list order, 1/2+1/4+1/8+1/16+1/32, but rounded up to the nearest 5 KPs, so 5th place rarely gets any KPs
  • The Rune Shards are awarded in rotation 1+1+1+1+1 then again 1+1+1+1+1 until they run out.
I haven't seen any notifications, and while awarded KPs will always be accommodated in the KPs bar at the top of the page, HOURLY KPs won't be award if the bar is already full. You can't predict WHEN an AW is going to level, unless you're the final contributor, so there's a likelihood that you'll miss some hourly awards.

So we need KP packets, a contribution history, and a global roster of all Ancient Wonders. I expect most of this stuff to show up in due course, now that we're familiar with the basics, whereupon putting together a spreadsheet base Knowledge Points club will be feasible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

OK I will need to read that a few times and think it through but I think I understand. And thank you. Thank you very much. So the only part I still don't get - is my first question. What happens when two players tie for any position. how are the rewards divided then? Or - is it even possible to have a tie?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

There are no ties. the sort order is Contribution then Time.
That's actually the point of locking down a slot. If they MATCH your contribution they'll complete the level without passing you.

Note that even if you're in 2nd place, and have no hope of capturing 1st place, you may still want to contribute enough points to make sure that the 3rd place guy can't get past you.