• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: The Spire of Eternity Feedback

DeletedUser5521

What’s wrong with it?
Mostly, massive troop losses per encounter and difficulty getting through each stage (there are 3) because of this. Enemy troop counts are so high, I, with a strong army, got whooped in just the first stage. The first time I entered the Spire (with excitement!!) I left defeated after 9 encounters with over 50% of my troops requiring viewing services and burials. I usually lose maybe 15%-20% of my army in an entire tournament (closer to 30% if it's Scrolls), and I fight probably 90% of 5 rounds X 15 encounters per tournament. I've been leary of re-entering the Spire since, even though they have added manual fighting to the mix. I just haven't seen enough positive feedback to try again at the sacrifice of my brave dudes and dudettes.. :eek:

Spire feedback thread (ACTIVE feedback starts on page 4. First 3 pages are anticipating the coming of the Spire, then the fun begins :p )
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/spire-of-eternity.12990/page-4

Shyama1

we'll investigate the bugs with the Magic buildings and put them back into the Spire rewards if we can resolve them.

I don't get why Inno just didn't say something like "We are sorry, but after further thinking and discussion, we realized that offering Magic Residences and Workshops was too generous for this event, and we had to replace those prizes by [whatever you want]. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Knowing how greedy the Company is, this is something everybody would have easilly understood.

Rather than that, they choose to create an imaginery glitch by voluntary swapping human and elves rewards in a first step, and in a second step they will say they cannot fix this "glitch". This makes the company looks bad for lying, and the devs look noobs for not beeing able to fix such a simple "mistake".

I'll never get this mindset.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I don't get all the complaining & criticism. This is a feature that has not been released. It has not made it out of beta testing so nothing is locked in stone. I'm not even sure our live forum should be participating in this long debate about a beta feature other than whether or not the concept sounds good and/or interesting. I'm really surprised this thread wasn't closed a while ago by the mods. From what I gathered there were overwhelming complaints in beta about how hard it was. If I understand correctly, now that the bar is being lowered the gripe is that the payoff for less effort has also been lowered. How does it make sense to expect otherwise? Sounds to me like the only way the devs will get positive feedback is to just give away magic buildings for little or no effort. Seriously? I am just hopeful to receive fair prizes for whatever level of effort we need to put into this new feature. My only real opinion at this point is that I am not going to be very interested in it if they don't get catering added. I use my troops for tournaments that my FS depends on our participation. Other than that I am looking forward to seeing the finished new offering

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't get all the complaining & criticism. This is a feature that has not been released. It has not made it out of beta testing so nothing is locked in stone. I'm not even sure our live forum should be participating in this long debate about a beta feature other than whether or not the concept sounds good and/or interesting. I'm really surprised this thread wasn't closed a while ago by the mods.
Because it was created by the mods, who specifically asked what we thought.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Because it was created by the mods, who specifically asked what we thought.

I'm still believing they meant what we thought about the concept not the specifics. If they wanted us to beta test on live it they would have just put it out there for us also. We are just reacting to negative feedback from beta on something we have never seen unless we also have a beta city

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm still believing they meant what we thought about the concept not the specifics.
I'm not sure it's that easy for most people to differentiate concept from topics. And realistically, what someone thinks of the concept is going to depend on the specifics of difficulty and reward. Otherwise there really aren't many bad concepts for a game.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure it's that easy for most people to differentiate concept from topics. And realistically, what someone thinks of the concept is going to depend on the specifics of difficulty and reward. Otherwise there really aren't many bad concepts for a game.

True that :) Just hoping you know you made me giggle. I just picture any concept being thrown out there, even with no specifics, and let the debate begin :p

Vergazi

If I don't like the Spire I will ignore it. It's not a group activity so it really doesn't matter if I do it or not as a fs's AM. I'm inclined to pretend it doesn't exist at this point. Talk about closing down threads worries me though if that was said not just in the heat of the moment. If it were the case that no one should be able to discuss things on Beta here, then the thread news from beta should be closed as well. Doesn't make sense to me.

A word on the reported difficulty of the fights on Beta. While I'm not on Beta, I suspect that the extreme difficulty of the Spire, at least initially, was as a kind of "stress test" to get data specifically to use to make it so that it would be a challenge to all, no matter what Chapter one's city is in. I don't think the Devs are stupid or ignorant or don't care about the players. Developers are usually players as well. Why would they make something they hate as players? Remember that on Beta you are as both players and unpaid "guinea pigs" in a lab. Beta's suffering is Live Servers' joy. Okay, that sounded really bad, but hope I made the point in any case.

DeletedUser5521

If I understand correctly, now that the bar is being lowered the gripe is that the payoff for less effort has also been lowered. How does it make sense to expect otherwise? Sounds to me like the only way the devs will get positive feedback is to just give away magic buildings for little or no effort. Seriously?
That's not exactly true, nor fair. It's not just a bunch of whiny want-everything-for-free babies posting feedback. There may be a couple of those thrown in the mix, but generally, those of us who have tried and tested the Spire have made valid points about it, and it's still not quite right. Many of us have lost serious numbers of troops fighting what seem to be unwinnable battles, and for the battles we have managed to win, we got a bunch of coin rains and supply instants for our troubles. And they don't give us our troops back for testing this thing either. From the time the Spire was first introduced, the rewards have been mediocre (with an occasional "woohoo!" prize thrown in), and mostly they still are. Magic Buildings?? There are a few posts referring to Magic Buildings, mainly because they were won as prizes by a few people in the first deployment of the Spire, and those who won them were unable to place them because of a supposed "bug". So, no, we're not asking for them to give away Magic Buildings for little or no effort, seriously. We're mainly just trying to get them to balance the rewards to fit the effort, and I personally don't consider a coin rain a decent reward for anything I do in this game, especially at the the expense of many of my brave and loyal warriors who went into battle at my behest, and lost.. :(

Pheryll

Set Designer
Rather than that, they choose to create an imaginery glitch by voluntary swapping human and elves rewards in a first step, and in a second step they will say they cannot fix this "glitch". This makes the company looks bad for lying, and the devs look noobs for not beeing able to fix such a simple "mistake".

I'll never get this mindset.

I think you are reading too much into the intentions of the company. What is occurring is standard fare for a company that relies on third parties to create its developer tools. Some things cannot be fixed from a toolset and would require code changes. This is the company's largest weakness.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think you are reading too much into the intentions of the company. What is occurring is standard fare for a company that relies on third parties to create its developer tools. Some things cannot be fixed from a toolset and would require code changes. This is the company's largest weakness.
If there's going to be speculation, it might as well be wild speculation.