• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: The Spire of Eternity Feedback

DeletedUser

If there's going to be speculation, it might as well be wild speculation.

It is not speculation, it’s the way it works for large enterprises. Why do you think most of these game look alike?

I do give them kudos for the artwork... that is not part of the programming.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It is not speculation, it’s the way it works for large enterprises. Why do you think most of these game look alike?
Unless they've publicly announced what third-party platform they are using, and that the platform they use does not allow them to specify which of building "A" or "B" will be assigned to which accounts when they are won, it's speculation.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
That's not exactly true, nor fair. It's not just a bunch of whiny want-everything-for-free babies posting feedback. There may be a couple of those thrown in the mix, but generally, those of us who have tried and tested the Spire have made valid points about it, and it's still not quite right. Many of us have lost serious numbers of troops fighting what seem to be unwinnable battles, and for the battles we have managed to win, we got a bunch of coin rains and supply instants for our troubles. And they don't give us our troops back for testing this thing either. From the time the Spire was first introduced, the rewards have been mediocre (with an occasional "woohoo!" prize thrown in), and mostly they still are. Magic Buildings?? There are a few posts referring to Magic Buildings, mainly because they were won as prizes by a few people in the first deployment of the Spire, and those who won them were unable to place them because of a supposed "bug". So, no, we're not asking for them to give away Magic Buildings for little or no effort, seriously. We're mainly just trying to get them to balance the rewards to fit the effort, and I personally don't consider a coin rain a decent reward for anything I do in this game, especially at the the expense of many of my brave and loyal warriors who went into battle at my behest, and lost.. :(

I did not think it was a matter of want everything free. My comment was that IF they make it easier than it was in the initial Beta release then it makes sense to me that the prizes probably wouldn't be as good as magic buildings. Add a serious glitch in those being offered and it just sounds like a mess :rolleyes:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Negotiating can now be done on Beta, instantly making this way less of a mess. Check the Announcement thread for info.

It is not 'negotiation' as such. It involves putting up different materials against five foes - and if you guess wrong what each foe wants, you lose the lot. If you don't guess all five in three rounds, then you have to pay Diamonds to continue, or lose everything you have contributed.
My players don't like this...

bkbajb

I don't get all the complaining & criticism. This is a feature that has not been released. It has not made it out of beta testing so nothing is locked in stone. I'm not even sure our live forum should be participating in this long debate about a beta feature other than whether or not the concept sounds good and/or interesting. I'm really surprised this thread wasn't closed a while ago by the mods. From what I gathered there were overwhelming complaints in beta about how hard it was. If I understand correctly, now that the bar is being lowered the gripe is that the payoff for less effort has also been lowered. How does it make sense to expect otherwise? Sounds to me like the only way the devs will get positive feedback is to just give away magic buildings for little or no effort. Seriously? I am just hopeful to receive fair prizes for whatever level of effort we need to put into this new feature. My only real opinion at this point is that I am not going to be very interested in it if they don't get catering added. I use my troops for tournaments that my FS depends on our participation. Other than that I am looking forward to seeing the finished new offering

Nicely said, thank you

Socrates28

I also agree with@Deborah M said. Yet, as a non-beta player I will add the following thought.
I wonder if we misunderstand the target "audience" for the Spire? I do not think that it is early, or even mid, game players which the developers are aiming at. Given its difficulty (reading the comments) I think it is end game players with large SS and AWs maxed that are. It would therefore be "difficult" (ok next to impossible) if a player were not in that position. If this is correct (I know big if) then it would make sense for it to at least be rolled out with that kind of challenge built in it. Since I am not in that position myself I cannot address the factuality of this supposition as to the playability of The Spire. End game players will have to do that.
Please understand I am not saying that things perfect and nothing needs to be addressed, only that the design could have that end in mind, successfully implemented or not.