• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best Ancient Wonders

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I've already sold off a bunch of mana producers and a few more to go because of how much space Amuni takes. Definitely selling off Torch Fountain since it can be rebuilt. There just wasn't any choice on selling some off. I am still doing pretty good on mana but I have some premium culture/mana buildings so not quite the same. Amuni is going to be slow at times anyway so I figure the mana will catch up when it gets low.

Putting mana aside, my 2 favorites at the moment are Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls. I am really strapped for population so they moved to the top of my list. Selling off culture with population hurts my city more than selling off culture with mana.

DeletedUser3507

Hmmm before Chapter 13 I had 3.25m mana without using a Maze now after a week into Chapter 13 I still have 2.6m mana.. I just could not justify the space a Maze took...

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
If I had to get rid of any AW it would be the Maze and Enar's Embassy. Both are big and neither are all that IMO. I'm just holding out because I wanted to have all of the AW just as a personal goal. Now that they are all level 6 and a few higher it would be awfully hard to bulldoze them.

DeletedUser2870

What difference would having more libraries make? The reason I'm not building the Maze is that 2 libraries in the same 5x6 space are better for me.
A library produces 200/hour. The maze takes up space for 2 libs.
My maze at lvl 7 produces 890/hour, which is significantly more than the 2 libs.
That doesn't even take into effect the reduction of the decay. My store of mana is generally around 1.000.000. The decay is now slowed by about 26000 (10%-7.4%reduction) every day. That alone is a lot of libs worth of daily production of mana.
And there have been times where my manastore used to be 2-3x that much.

I've still got some libs and fountains left, but thats because I don't need the space yet. The new chapter doesn't seem to be very mana-heavy and so I won't need that many mana-producing buildings anymore.
(edited for mistake in the numbers)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

That on the best of the AW's, but ne of the AW's that used to be acceptable, the Crystal Lighthouse, now seems to be pretty much obsolete.
The extra goods generated by visiting have been literally decimated by the decision to put them in the chests and limit those to 3 per day, instead of for instance adding a new chest at lvl6, one more at lvl 11 etc. But when playing on the app, one can't even get the chests, so in that aspect it has become completely useless. The extended time for NH may be nice, but its not too interesting at all for me. I built it for the goods, which allowed me to trade a lot more than I do now. So now I'm stuck (still...after a 6 month break)..wondering whether one should keep it and hope it at some point gets fixed, or just sell it off and take a HUGE loss in KP's I invested in it and would have been better off investing in another AW.

@Deborah M
I agree that the Golden Abyss is one of the absolute best AW's. The pop it delivers at only 3x3 is a real help.
The Mountain Halls I appreciate for their dual benefit. The pop is always welcomed, but the increased output of the factories as well, its the only way to boost the yield over the regular max percentage (apart from spells of course).
I also like the Blooming Trader Guild since it boosts the yield of the guestraces and that really does make a difference going through them.
The Watchtower Ruins I only recently started to appreciate. Though it cannot be boosted itself, it does provide a significant amount of culture by itself AND it boosts the percentage of culture given by NH on regular buildings. In fact, I find this building much more useful than the CL nowadays.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Oops! I forgot about the Blooming Trader Guild o_O Definitely always one of my favorites! I took it to level 11 as soon as I heard the Amuni were on Beta. I love the portal boost :D It would be nice to upgrade it more if only I wasn't worried about population.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
So you have no Ancient Libraries or Torch fountains whatsoever? What level are your Abbey and Maze?
I have a level 7 Abbey and level 6 Maze, 3 mana huts (Ch IX, X, XII), 2 Eldrasil's sawmills (Ch X), a Magical nutcracker (Ch X), a Mana sawmill (Ch X), an Ice temple (Ch XI) and the lindworm area (Ch XII). I have 8 libraries and 5 torch fountains, do you think I can delete them without getting into too much mana trouble during the Amuni?

My abbey is lvl 6 (4,608 per spell) and maze is only level 2, it needs some love. I have 2 mana huts(XI), 3 eldrasils sawmills (XI) and 3 burning pools (XII), 1 Frozen fountain (XI, full set bonus), the random tiny mana buildings as fillers (more for decoration than anything). I also have close to 1,000 spells in my inventory and a lvl 5 MA cranking out spells constantly.

I haven't looked at the mana needs in Amuni but I know I am not planning any more buildings at this stage, if anything I might drop a sawmill or two. I think the biggest challenge will be the amount of mana needed for the main hall upgrade. I would think you could get away with less mana but it is a bit of a challenge to change mindsets for it. You could try dropping some and see how it goes or rip the bandaid off quick and nuke em, replacing libraries and torch fountains really is only some coins, supplies and seeds which should be relatively easy to come by should you need to rebuild them. Just keep the space available while you test it out in case you need to build some back.

@SoggyShorts the thing with the maze is the reduced decay rate. Calculating the benefits of that are more of a challenge as it will vary by person and mana levels.The effect is also compounding over days. When I was end of chapter I know just going from a level 1 to a level 2 maze got me an extra 100-200K mana, nothing else changed in my town at that time. My mana had capped out at approx 900k pre-upgrade and comfortably over 1mil post-upgrade. Some of that increase was the extra mana, but a lot would have been the change in decay rate. I think this is one of the big factors in this building, if you see or have no need for that benefit than it isn't worth it. The size of the building and the amount of mana it provides and investment required make it harder to justify without that second benefit. Other wonders justify themselves on a single benefit alone.

Since we are discussing best wonders, what wonders would people build for a single benefit only? and which benefit?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think this is one of the big factors in this building, if you see or have no need for that benefit than it isn't worth it.
Indeed, and that's what I'm saying- I personally have no need for a decrease in mana decay since I hardly have any. I basically have just enough to run settlement buildings and use DA to get what I need for techs.
Since we are discussing best wonders, what wonders would people build for a single benefit only? and which benefit?
  • Blooming trader (I don't use the wholesaler)
  • EE, ToS, PT (All are better at making supplies than a WS is, other effects are just a bonus)
  • DA (for the mana per spell)
  • Needles (for training speed)
  • MM (for the health)
  • Bulwark and SSS (for the armory effect)
  • Enars (for the mana)
  • GA (for the pop)

The rest of my wonders are only good enough for me due to both benefits
MtHall
FA
toads
victory springs
trade center
heroes forge

The others don't have a benefit that's worth it to me:
  • LH
  • WT
  • Throne
  • Sunset
  • maze

DeletedUser3507

After chapter 14 I am calling it quits, Inno has finally got to me. They don't enforce their own rulers and I have Decided to no longer play since there so fickle.

DeletedUser12171

What difference would having more libraries make? The reason I'm not building the Maze is that 2 libraries in the same 5x6 space are better for me.
Because what Mykan and Dhurrin are saying essentially is, "for the space of 2 libraries, I can do away with libraries altogether"

Heymrdiedier

Oh. Well I couldn't. I have more than 2 libraries, and replacing 2 of them with the maze would decrease my mana, not increase it unless I spent 1,000 KP upgrading it. Even then it wouldn't replace the rest of my libraries.
why dont you build and upgrade a dragon abbey and get rid of all your libraries? thats what i did after i finished wizards chapter, and im loving all the extra space without mana buildings. (and even tho some say the last chapter is not so mana intensive, ive been using a lot of spells lately to get mana :p )

DeletedUser9601

why dont you build and upgrade a dragon abbey and get rid of all your libraries? thats what i did after i finished wizards chapter, and im loving all the extra space without mana buildings. (and even tho some say the last chapter is not so mana intensive, ive been using a lot of spells lately to get mana :p )
Have you used this strategy through Elementals and Amuni? I'm always intrigued by this prospect, but my level 6 DA produces 4,740 mana per spell (which is on the high end since I'm vastly over-scouted). The first 3 Amuni techs are 930K mana, which is 208 spells' worth. Seems like you'd need to both a. be incredibly active in tournaments to get enough spells and relics, and b. be cooking spells non-stop. That doesn't even take into account the day-to-day mana needed to run guest race buildings and build certain guest race buildings.
It seems doable, but not necessarily without a DA at least level 11, and without going pretty slow through some of the chapters?

Edit: to confirm, I read your post that you have no mana producing buildings, and get 100% of mana needs from the DA.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Have you used this strategy through Elementals and Amuni?
It seems doable, but not necessarily without a DA at least level 11, and without going pretty slow through some of the chapters?

My DA gives a bit less mana than you and I went through Elementals with minimal mana buildings and maze of dark matter. Some magic mana huts, set item and 6 other and other event buildings. This was fairly straight forward, amuni has been fine so far too but I have the benefit of 1mil mana save between chapters. While I feel I could drop some of the event buildings, I have my 3 eldrasils sawmills in my crosshairs, I am waiting to see how intense amuni is in terms of mana and space. in my case I don't think I will ever do no mana buildings as I like my wonder, mana huts and set buildings (for non-mana reasons).

Like you, I am curious about the power of someones DA to go with no mana buildings.

DeletedUser3507

DA 30 stats
Screenshot_55.png

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
why dont you build and upgrade a dragon abbey and get rid of all your libraries?
Yeah I have a level 6 DA, and ~2K spells which I seem to be saving for a rainy day that never comes.
I just had a look and if I blow up everything that isn't a mana hut/winter set I'll still make 100K mana per day which is more than enough to run things....I think.... I'm too lazy to calc, so I'll just wait until next round of upgrades are done. Traps at 100K and GS at 60K adds up.
Good to know I can up my free space to 10 expansions for whatever the next event is.

Heymrdiedier

Have you used this strategy through Elementals and Amuni? I'm always intrigued by this prospect, but my level 6 DA produces 4,740 mana per spell (which is on the high end since I'm vastly over-scouted). The first 3 Amuni techs are 930K mana, which is 208 spells' worth. Seems like you'd need to both a. be incredibly active in tournaments to get enough spells and relics, and b. be cooking spells non-stop. That doesn't even take into account the day-to-day mana needed to run guest race buildings and build certain guest race buildings.

Edit: to confirm, I read your post that you have no mana producing buildings, and get 100% of mana needs from the DA.

well yes i trashed all my mana producing buildings as woon as i got my dragon abbey at around lvl 7.
At the time i invested in my magic academy by making it lvl 5 so i could cook up enough spells.
I regret this allready tho since its always not doing anything at the moment. I do every week almost 20 provincies 6 times, so i have enough spells from that.

I must admit i also have a maze, which also helps me with mana ofcourse, but i regretted building it. It takes too much space. However i cant trash it either since i allready invested too much kp in it :)

(Doing so much tournament means i use a lot of hammers a day 600k+, so i regulary pop out some spells on my workshops to get the hammers up, and thats why i always have enough mana)