• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Open | Confirmed Buff/Debuff Rounds Incorrect

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
update #3 - this is looking more and more like a visual bug, the debuff is showing on the backend. Still in testing to be sure.
While good to know, it would be even nicer to know that things would get easier, so there's a coal-black lining to this cloud.

Smooper

The fix is that this isn't a bug but a feature. Mistwalkers are impervious to magic based modifiers. Nothing takes down the Mistwalker! Nothing!

Raccon

In that case I suggest a new evolving building specialized in leveing all the exaggerated special Misty powers i.e attack, health, buffs and debuffs to the game's own specified attributes for Mist Walkers!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I know they're still working on this, but I'm seeing several units shrugging off Elder Treant's debuff after one round. This one is very obvious to observe because Treants go dead last with an initiative of 1. At the end of the turn is the end of the round. If they slap someone and the enemy gets to clear that debuff right away at the start of next round, then it's a pretty pointless special ability! You can only take advantage of that debuff if there are other Treants going afterwards, which makes it pretty ineffective. Didn't do the math to see if this is a visual bug or a calculation bug because it already takes way too long to watch a Treant march two tiles with this ultra slow animation.

crackie

Oh, I thought devs already confirmed it was an issue? I was just adding it is also noticed in Treants vs other units, which wasn’t yet detailed, even though I said in post #17 it wasn’t just Buddy’s debuff and it wasn’t just Misty doing the shrugging.

Gkyr

Chef
I know they're still working on this, but I'm seeing several units shrugging off Elder Treant's debuff after one round. This one is very obvious to observe because Treants go dead last with an initiative of 1. At the end of the turn is the end of the round. If they slap someone and the enemy gets to clear that debuff right away at the start of next round, then it's a pretty pointless special ability! You can only take advantage of that debuff if there are other Treants going afterwards, which makes it pretty ineffective. Didn't do the math to see if this is a visual bug or a calculation bug because it already takes way too long to watch a Treant march two tiles with this ultra slow animation.
cc: to @Astram
My impression (could be wrong) is that the debuff is good for one round BUT if the debuff is placed at the end of a given round then the debuff ends when the round ends. So the 1-round debuff isn't a matter of longevity but a matter of placement.

Same thing happens to the Frog debuffs. These low-initiative debuffs are operational only if you have 2 or more low-initiative squads because the second and subsequent squads can take advantage of the spell placed by the prior squad. This actually makes a walled-off starting line of 4 or 5 Frogs really effective at decimating the approaching opponents.

Conversely, if you only have one 'terminal initiative' squad, the debuff is going to be placed but it is going to expire when the round concludes without having an effect.

crackie

My mistake.
Hence, if it's not a visual bug, this is pretty hogwash. It's a debuff for Treants, which means it only comes into effect if an enemy unit is going to smack your troops afterwards. However, if there are no enemy units that moves after Treants (they have the lowest initiative) and it only sticks for one round, then it's as if 3* Treants have no special abilities at all! At least a Toad's 3* special ability is a buff and if you have a series of Toads acting after each other, they can still take advantage of the special ability before the round concludes.

Anyhoo, the debuff bug was reported in May. It's now November. I wonder if they've pushed new code on battle because the Treant one is very easy to observe and I'm surprised I'm seeing it now. I feel like I would have noticed it already if Buddy's debuff was confirmed months ago. Also, in this tourney (marble) this week, I've seen a Banshee tag a buff and debuff on a Mist Walker (correct) and then the second Banshee's next immediate attack cleared all the buffs on the same Mist Walker (grrrr), which means it's in the middle of a round! Also saw a hellhound shrug off a Buddy debuff this week. As far as I can tell, special abilities are currently at all levels of not working properly right now.

Last edited:

crackie

And we're back...
This time it's a Veteran Guard not sticking a buff down AT ALL. I cropped it a little too tight, but there's also a Treant in the battle, which means the turn doesn't end until the Treant goes too. The buff should clear after the Treant and before it's the Steinling's turn. I've changed the title of the thread to include Buffs.

Before (Veteran Guard's turn)
veteran guard bug.jpg

After. Treant's turn (not pictured). Steinling should have some buff icons over him.
veteran guard bug2.jpg

Dhurrin

This should actually be a top priority issue.
Players will only notice when they fight manually AND pay close attention, but it is safe to assume the same happens in auto-fights where there is no way to check it at all. So anyone who fights using the app has no way of knowing.

With the already pretty lousy performance of troops in autofight it really becomes an issue if multiple special abilities of a player's troops are not functioning /not functioning correctly, resulting in extra losses. It also means that the supposedly best line-up of troops may not be the actual one.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I only autofight but is anyone noticing the fights harder on the tourney this week? I even lost a few (supposedly more powerful) troops in the first province on round two, despite having a fed fire, 1 DA, 2 uuu, 2 light range, and two mage multi buildings out. I also have a level 26 Martial Monastery. That just seems insane to me to lose troops on the first province. I know not to put a weak guy against a strong and all that. So anyone else notice anything?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I only autofight but is anyone noticing the fights harder on the tourney this week? I even lost a few (supposedly more powerful) troops in the first province on round two, despite having a fed fire, 1 DA, 2 uuu, 2 light range, and two mage multi buildings out. I also have a level 26 Martial Monastery. That just seems insane to me to lose troops on the first province. I know not to put a weak guy against a strong and all that. So anyone else notice anything?
I autofight too and have lost more than I seem to recall I should. I don't keep records but even with 1 ELR, 1 DA, and 1 MMM and my Fire chicken and twilight my troop count seems to be going down faster than I like/expect.

AJ