• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buildings,Storage and Land

DeletedUser5285

I used to play a game where not only could we rotate buildings, but we could buy a storage shed and temporarily store buildings in it so we didn't have to sell something off, just to have room for a building we need to do a quest. Of course, you would lose the Population or culture it provided, but you got it back when you reinserted it. This especially came in handy when trying to reconfigure your streets for efficient game play. Any chance something like that is in the works?;)

DeletedUser2870

The rotating is probably out. They designed the buildings for humans and elves in such a way they are opposites (so a 3x2 human building would be a 2x3 elf building)
It makes for a bit different planning in building the city.
Having players able to rotate them would take that out. But then again, after the dwarven chapter most buildings will be the same shape for both races anyway.

But I like the idea of rotating myself. Makes it much easier to use space efficiently. But I guess that's the whole point.

The storage of buildings is something that has often been suggested. Not going to happen I think. But I really would love being able to swap buildings instead, that would already be a great help.

DeletedUser5285

I mean, even if they put a time limit on how long you could store it before you lose it, would be helpful. If I could just redo my streets, I wouldn't be so frustrated and I'd have a lot more room. Since I can't seem to win any battles, the city expansions are my only hope, using up all my supplies to negotiate is frustrating...but by the time I open land, I'm on to another quest that has me using up the expansion I just put in. Does that make sense? I have so much wasted space that I can't use for anything UGH!

DeletedUser5251

You may have to sell off a few cultural buildings to make space to reorganize your city. Then you can rebuild them if needed when you're done. It makes sense to periodically sell off some of the less efficient cultural buildings and replace them when better ones come along. So, take advantage of the space to move things around before building new ones.

During really big re-organizations, I've even sold all my streets just to make enough room to move some buildings around. Having those flashing red circles are really annoying, but you'd be surprised how much space you free up without streets. Then, of course, you rebuild them when you have everything moved around the way you want.

Also, make sure you're getting the most out of the space you're using. Are your buildings upgraded as far as they can be before building more of the same?

Just some thoughts.

DeletedUser5285

Yes I'm upgraded as far as I can go for now. I was considering selling the streets, because all my culture is basically the 2 halloween ones, just had to build a monster fountain for a quest. Don't wanna sell halloween ones, but if I sell the fountain, I'll be down to like zero culture. :(

DeletedUser4587

The rotating is probably out. They designed the buildings for humans and elves in such a way they are opposites (so a 3x2 human building would be a 2x3 elf building)
It makes for a bit different planning in building the city.
Having players able to rotate them would take that out. But then again, after the dwarven chapter most buildings will be the same shape for both races anyway.

But I like the idea of rotating myself. Makes it much easier to use space efficiently. But I guess that's the whole point.

The storage of buildings is something that has often been suggested. Not going to happen I think. But I really would love being able to swap buildings instead, that would already be a great help.

From d: Actually, the whole point is for us to spend money and believe me when I tell you it is quite tempting. I did, in the beginning. Until I realized that the costs kept going substantially up for the same exact 5 by 5 size. The same with KP if you use coins to purchase. I was paying cash money for diamonds....and they {Inno} gets greedier as you buy expansions or anything else...even culture producing buildings that can only be gotten with diamonds. Efficient use of space is NOT what they want for us. I feel if we've earned that space {or bought it} we should be able to use every block on that grid. Also, getting expansions through research get farther and farther apart for awhile. In a few {very few} Chapters you will get 2 which is nice and I wouldn't expect that on a regular basis. What I do expect and think is right that there should be 2 to 3 expansions per large Chapters. I also think that earning expansions from getting through the provinces on the world map shouldn't be so hard to get either. The higher up we get the more provinces we have to "conquer" and the more expensive it is in coin, goods, and supplies. All of this is fine if they found a nice balance between it all....but they haven't. In fact, on several occasions they "insert" another research in Chapters people may have already completed which makes many an unhappy camper. Not too professional in my opinion. Hey, I realize they have to keep things running here, pay the bills, and feed their families. I understand that. But unfortunately for us gamer's they have
failed in terms of what our needs are...not to mention some of OUR wants. I honestly don't know how long I will play here. I can tell you this. I have stopped buying diamonds and investing in my game because of that very reason. Were they more fair about the frequency of getting expansions and not dramatically raising the costs I would stay in a heartbeat and resume buying diamonds as I truly did like and enjoy the game prior to seeing how it is right now. The other beef I have is if we opt for building manufactories or armies we all still have to spend on researches for that which we don't utilize except for quests wasting goods, coins, supplies, and in some cases space such as for building a barracks and armories. Thanks for reading-~D

DeletedUser5285

We have been asking but I think the dev's see this as part of the game's challenge :(

Here is a resource that may help you - http://www.elvenarchitect.com/

There is a city designer program that may help you.
I constantly see "the dev's" in threads...is that short for "Devils"???? LOL!!! Maybe you could answer another question....in my profile settings it says "Signature" what is that and should I have one?

DeletedUser1901

I constantly see "the dev's" in threads...is that short for "Devils"???? LOL!!! Maybe you could answer another question....in my profile settings it says "Signature" what is that and should I have one?

Devs = Developers

Signature = what is under our posts so my Blue Flaming Avalon of Arendyll is my signature :) You can type something there or insert a picture or a link... just something to have as uniquely yours

DeletedUser5285

Devs = Developers

Signature = what is under our posts so my Blue Flaming Avalon of Arendyll is my signature :) You can type something there or insert a picture or a link... just something to have as uniquely yours
Oh....that's a cool perk...:cool:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I completely agree that we need the ability to rotate buildings. That option will not change the amount of money the wallet warriors spend on diamonds.
It's not completely about the money, it's about the challenge. Many players spend a lot of time trying to fit everything just right, and rotating buildings would make that WAY easier (which the developers have stated is the reason it will never happen)

DeletedUser5906

I believe that you should not be able to rotate the Direction of the tiles used by the building but for the design you should be able to rotate the direction a building faces, for example a 3 x 3 unit should rotate to all for directions however a 3 x 1 unit should only rotate in 2 directions.
You can do this without comprising the structure of the game!

SoggyShorts

I believe that you should not be able to rotate the Direction of the tiles used by the building but for the design you should be able to rotate the direction a building faces, for example a 3 x 3 unit should rotate to all for directions however a 3 x 1 unit should only rotate in 2 directions.
You can do this without comprising the structure of the game!

Two possibilities exist for this:
1. the "other side" of the building looks exactly the same, so rotating it 180 degrees is pointless.
2. the "other side" looks different on each building, so being able to spin it 180 degrees would require that the developers DOUBLE the amount of artwork in the game.

DeletedUser5906

and Again to your response DO THE ARTWORK!

Two possibilities exist for this: (this is False)
1. the "other side" of the building looks exactly the same, so rotating it 180 degrees is pointless.( No point in mentioning really!)
2. the "other side" looks different on each building, so being able to spin it 180 degrees would require that the developers DOUBLE the amount of artwork in the game. ( and your point? They are so proud of the art work they create here, DOUBLE IT ALREADY!

SoggyShorts

They are so proud of the art work they create here, DOUBLE IT ALREADY!
Have you done any graphic design? Care to ballpark how many man-hours have gone into designing all of the buildings in this game?
I don't hate your idea, it's just a massive undertaking, and if the developers are going to double their budget on any aspect of the game I'd rather have it be in the interface and mechanics portion of the game rather than graphics (which are great already)