• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can I have the Winyandor account deleted?

DeletedUser1083

I just noticed today that I am not using Winyandor because my fellowship and latest changes are in the 'A' world.

I'm hoping the Winyandor can be deleted to make room for others.

-freedomultd

DeletedUser61

If you haven't reached Tier 3 in Winyandor, NOR purchased Diamonds on your account, then your inactive city will evaporate at some point after the 30 day mark.

I'd actually recommend that you simply let it drift, with the occasional stroke, because you'll soon reach a point when your main city will be sort of stuck for a few days, and you can wander over and fiddle with your secondary city.

To answer directly, the Game Moderators seldom delete a city unless there's a bannable violation of the rules.

DeletedUser43

I think it would really be good idea if we could delete our own cities if we wanted. I went over to the F world today to look at something and it created a city for me. I won't be playing there. It is a shame. Now, for a minimum of 30 days that useless city will take up space in someone's neighborhood.

DeletedUser61

I think it would really be good idea if we could delete our own cities if we wanted.
You've apparently never lived in a college dorm, where your buddies think that it would be great sport to delete your city while you're distracted.

Putting a city back together, after it's been "accidently" deleted, is a nearly impossible task.

DeletedUser43

Your college buddies could just as easily delete all your buildings.

Or make it difficult to delete it. Or make it so you can only delete it early on. Or any one of thousand other solutions than just having the city sit there for a month harming another player and making this game less social and less enjoyable.

But the current situation is untenable. The worlds are mostly empty and players are unhappy.

DeletedUser1161

Putting a city back together, after it's been "accidently" deleted, is a nearly impossible task.
In a well-designed database, it can be simple. Most games with paid content keep records of recently-deleted characters/cities/content for a reasonable amount of time to help customers recover from hacks. (Or drunk college roommates.)

That does require some support staff though, to run the database scripts. It's probably cheaper for Inno to just let the map become cluttered with unwanted cities, even if it negatively affects game balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't mind having absent neighbors if I can still click their MH and get coins when I want. Some leave it with an MH upgrade incomplete so then I can't even do that. But it did encourage me to find my wonderful Fellowship in order to trade and grow. So of the dozens of neighbors I have discovered, I only interact with about five, and that makes them all the more precious. *shrug* As far as roommates goes, turnabout is fair play, and trust must go both ways.

DeletedUser4815

Yes, it is a pain when the player leaves an MH unfinished, but it took me about 6 months and I was surrounded by active players instead of a derelict neighborhood with only 3 active players that didn't help me at all.

DeletedUser1944

I have a city on A world that I would like to deleate. Was hoping it would disappear already by now. Finally Just named it NotHere.

DeletedUser61

If your account has few than 200 purchased diamonds, and the average level of the sellable building is less than level 4, then your unwanted city will automatically evaporate once it's been inactive for 30 days.

DeletedUser4815

That's why my Winyandor city was still there after a year of inactivity, I didn't sell my buildings and they had an average of lv5.

DeletedUser61

and they had an average of lv5.
The safe harbor threshold is
  • More than 200 purchased diamonds in your account (all of the worlds in a region share the same diamonds)
  • An average development level of 4 or higher (which only considers the buildings that you can delete)
If you want to clean out an existing city in just one of your worlds, then run your Diamonds total down below 200, and sell all of the buildings in the unwanted city.

Changing races is the only obvious reason for abandoning a city, but some of us also have various small cities that we've used for experiments.

DeletedUser4815

Well, I never wanted to leave the game or change races at all, I just took a break from it and came back around 6 months ago.

DeletedUser6368

Your college buddies could just as easily delete all your buildings.

Or make it difficult to delete it. Or make it so you can only delete it early on. Or any one of thousand other solutions than just having the city sit there for a month harming another player and making this game less social and less enjoyable.

But the current situation is untenable. The worlds are mostly empty and players are unhappy.
That is what a password is for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't mind having absent neighbors if I can still click their MH and get coins when I want. Some leave it with an MH upgrade incomplete so then I can't even do that.
One of my neighbors left main hall and builder upgrading. Since the builder only takes three seconds to upgrade, they pretty much had to have done that one deliberately to be a-holes. i'm not even sure I could start the BH upgrade and then log out fast enough to leave it in progress.