• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Changes to Ideas and Suggestions from the German forum

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
1686598363999.png

I am sure this will apply to all forums, but the various CMs have not gotten around to doing this yet. @-Solaris- anything you can tell us?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So, no comments at all by CM or mods to this, even though I have seen them showing online several times since I posted this. I can only assume that their bosses have ordered them to not talk about anything right now. All the forums seem to have turned to so much crap over the past several months that I am starting to think they are not even worth using when you need a reply from someone in charge.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So, no comments at all by CM or mods to this, even though I have seen them showing online several times since I posted this. I can only assume that their bosses have ordered them to not talk about anything right now. All the forums seem to have turned to so much crap over the past several months that I am starting to think they are not even worth using when you need a reply from someone in charge.
Mods rarely respond to anything of substance. If it were my system, It would be expected of them not to get involved in threads of any consequence unless there was a ready, specific answer. There's a pretty good chance they've been told to keep it zipped until an official statement is ready for this server. They may be evaluating player reactions on other servers for a while first.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Some common courtesy or decency reply stating they know about it, but can't talk about it yet. Silence is always the worst thing on forums.

I'm not sure whether this would help the cause. It might actually invite more comments on how horrible the communication is. It seems that whatever they say will very likely be taken against them. The more they communicate, the more communication is wanted from them. Is there actually a win for them that would make forums happy?

Don't get me wrong, I want communication but there always is the harsh reality that can spoil things.

Last edited:

FaunWillow

The more they communicate, the more communication is wanted from them
Isn't that what Support is here for? ;)
The real issue seems to be lack of communication behind closed doors. I know that it is very frustrating for the Elvenar support teams on every server/market these days.
It's better to answer our questions with a "We don't know the answer" rather than saying nothing at all. That looks bad.
But they may not be allowed to say anything about certain issues, or they may be as in the dark with info as we are lately, and that's frustrating for everyone, mods and players combined.

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Isn't that what Support is here for? ;)
The real issue seems to be lack of communication behind closed doors. I know that it is very frustrating for the Elvenar support teams on every server/market these days.
It's better to answer our questions with a "We don't know the answer" rather than saying nothing at all. That looks bad.
But they may not be allowed to say anything about certain issues, or they may be as in the dark with info as we are lately, and that's frustrating for everyone, mods and players combined.

I was playing for years without reading any forums etc and I was fine. I didn't want any spoilers. The only thing I did was getting quests lists for events.

FaunWillow

I was playing for years without reading any forums etc and I was fine. I didn't want any spoilers. The only thing I did was getting quests lists for events.
That’s cool. I bet that’s the same case for most players.
But we’re just asking that we do get some sort of response here when a player has a question, specifically for the mods.
Mods not knowing the answer is totally okay! Letting us know that they will look in to a question we may have is great too, even if they don’t get any answers.
Communication between the players and mods is pretty important, for those who are active on the forums.
I’m not blaming mods or putting anyone down here, in the slightest. The mods are definitely not to blame for how the game is going right now.
I’m bringing some awareness that it would be really helpful to get some more communication/back and forth dialogue here, especially since things are a little messed up right now with staff changes/changes to the game/etc. lately. :)

Yogi Dave

Has anyone noticed that @-Solaris- who became the new CM June 2 has only posted 12 messages and 7 'likes'? And that the co-CM, @.Tiberius. with 0 post is already listed as an ex-team member? To me, that's a bit too hands off. @Enevhar Aldarion asked for a response June 12 in this thread, as I had in another thread. No response to either of us.

This makes me think of a line in a Pink Floyd song, "Is there anybody Out There?"

defiantoneks

between this new info re the German boards, and the lack of regular communication, as well as sudden implementation of ads, errors in tourney and cauldron, etc etc etc, I'm starting to really think they're going to end development on the game. Basic bug fixes only. Ads will replace revenue lost when users no longer have a need for diamonds b/c there's nothing new to do.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Internal changes are always problematic for workers. The same may be true at Inno as it goes through "restructuring." I remember being a consultant to a big international company and found that whenever the idea of "restructuring" took place it was nearly impossible to get anybody to take any risks by doing anything for which they might have to take some responsibility. And, sadly, it was often the case that those with the courage to do so were "re-stated." I.e. moved from the state of employment to the state of unemployment. The only time I saw the whole idea of "restructuring" work was when they restructured the entire board of directors after the company was taken private. And that was when it was obvious to all that without the massive restructuring everyone would be out of a job. From this I used to lecture various groups about the necessity of bottom-up management. Without the lowest rank actually investing in the desired changes, they just didn't get fully implemented. So the first thing I often recommended is the very opposite of traditional management approach. Instead of hiding the difficulties of the company until the last moment before locking the doors, you have a constant stream of information to every employee and give them some real decision making power on how they do their job. But I digress. My point is, "restructuring" isn't fun, easy, and usually just mean for most, "keeping your head down."

AJ

Yogi Dave

Internal changes are always problematic for workers .... decision making power on how they do their job
With only one example of successful restructuring, it isn't very hopeful, and that case seemed to be at the board level, not the workers level. I've worked or been a contractor at companies where the corporate culture became negative. Work went from smiles to hiding one's feelings.
But I digress.
"Yes, you do", he said with a smile. :)

-Solaris-

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
View attachment 15932

I am sure this will apply to all forums, but the various CMs have not gotten around to doing this yet. @-Solaris- anything you can tell us?

Hello humans and elves,

Your suggestions and ideas are always appreciated to improve our game. However, as of now, we won't be able to send forward all your ideas and will disable the creation of new polls for the reasons the German CM mentioned.

We are still able to emphasize the most discussed topics in our community and we still read and pass along your feedback this way, but we won't be forwarding more complex suggestions for the moment since the old poll system is being reviewed.