• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Changes to Ideas and Suggestions from the German forum

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Isn't that what Support is here for? ;)
The real issue seems to be lack of communication behind closed doors. I know that it is very frustrating for the Elvenar support teams on every server/market these days.
It's better to answer our questions with a "We don't know the answer" rather than saying nothing at all. That looks bad.
But they may not be allowed to say anything about certain issues, or they may be as in the dark with info as we are lately, and that's frustrating for everyone, mods and players combined.
There is no support on Inno's forums. There are forum moderators. As far as I know, no Support Agent has ever posted on the forums in that capacity.

FaunWillow

There is no support on Inno's forums. There are forum moderators. As far as I know, no Support Agent has ever posted on the forums in that capacity.
Some forum mods are also support (game mods) as is the cm, like @Enevhar Aldarion said. Some mods do multiple jobs for Elvenar.
I should know as I was part of another market’s Elvenar support team at one point. ;)

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The CMs also work in Support. Several times here or on Beta, my Support ticket has been answered by the CM.
Some forum mods are also support (game mods) as is the cm, like @Enevhar Aldarion said. Some mods do multiple jobs for Elvenar.
I should know as I was part of another market’s Elvenar support team at one point. ;)
Those are incidental. Forum moderators often try to be helpful but their job is to make sure the forums conform to the rules. They don't owe anyone an answer about anything that's happening behind the scenes.

FaunWillow

I don’t think there’s any reasons to be contrary here.

To be clear about what a forum mods responsibilities are: Recruiting Page

We were asking for more communication which is not too much to ask for.
The CM did answer (thank you!) in the thread.
No one is saying they are expected to answer things going on behind the scenes, especially when that info is probably unknown.
More frequent acknowledgments to questions being asked would be great though!
Sometimes the mods might just ask their manager about a player question, and then the manager will ask in-house, and voila! We do get some answers. :)
Forum mods do great work here. It’s no bad thing and is not meant to criticize or demean them when we ask for some sort of response to questions.
The more frustrating issue for players and mods alike is when the devs/in house don’t tell the mod team anything about new implementations leaving everyone confused.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
We were asking for more communication which is not too much to ask for.
The question isn't whether it's too much to ask for, the question is whether one has a right to get upset when they don't get what they ask for:

"So, no comments at all by CM or mods to this, even though I have seen them showing online several times since I posted this."

My later discussion was in response to "isn't that what Support is here for?" when support has no official role here at all, despite there being some overlap, which is why I specifically ended with "in that capacity" Of course people who are doing support might be interested in the game, and might offer information they feel they are able to share, but it is not their support-job to do so. Being upset that they don't do so, or don't do so quickly enough, is not reasonable.