• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

chat

DeletedUser613

Is there going to be a chat feature ever added so we an communicate with the neighbors?

DeletedUser511

Hope not it will slow my game down. You have messages already.

DeletedUser613

Hope not it will slow my game down. You have messages already.

The messages can be for only one person at a time. A chat can be seen by any that may be online in your group of discovered neighbors.

DeletedUser511

Duh! But I dont want my game to slow down. Plus I cant see no point in chatting with them to further the game.

DeletedUser

Messages can actually be sent to up to 50 people at once for group discussion. You just have to manually enter them all, separated by commas w/o spaces. I've found it best to type them in a basic text file so you can copy/paste a whole batch in the TO: field in-game.
  • Ex:
    xaviersxmen,Phoequndt,knightknight

DeletedUser

There will likely never be a world chat since they are always overrun with bots.

DeletedUser613

Duh! But I dont want my game to slow down. Plus I cant see no point in chatting with them to further the game.

Personally i don't think the game is all that fast to start with. what matter if between collecting you can chat with a neighbor and ask for help back.

DeletedUser613

this is just my opinion but chat can be set up to be turned off if you don't want to use it. I don't see how it slows down the game unless you spend alot of time doing it. The game isn't that fast to start with. But it still would be a good idea to have it available for those that do want it. In mail you have no idea if they read it but in chat it's there for any and all that are in the chat room to see. I've been in games where it was available and there wasn't any problem with it. As to why i'm not still there it's because that game required you to join alliances in order to not have your city destroyed if you weren't around. But the chat was set up for public and private chats. Your choice.

DeletedUser

What I'd like to see is an option similar to the Fellowship message feature where you can check a box to send to all discovered neighbors. That would make it far simpler to work out basic trade agreements locally.

DeletedUser613

What I'd like to see is an option similar to the Fellowship message feature where you can check a box to send to all discovered neighbors. That would make it far simpler to work out basic trade agreements locally.

Not that i can agree on too.

DeletedUser626

Is there going to be a chat feature ever added so we an communicate with the neighbors?

From the last Q&A. yes, if you share a fellowship with them.

"Chat is mentioned in the video. Can you elaborate on what players can expect from the chat (the system itself) and also when it might realistically be released?

We will add a Fellowship chat system simultaneously or shortly after releasing the Fellowship feature itself. Our research regarding chat systems came to the conclusion that the Fellowship will most likely be the place in the game where a chat is most helpful, that's why we concentrated on creating a Fellowship chat only. For communication with other players in the game, you can still use our message system."

source - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/q-a-stream-the-answers-to-your-questions.604/

DeletedUser

No date announced. They're testing fellowship chat on beta, though.

DeletedUser688

I dunno why there are so many opposed to a live chat in this...Forge of Empires has it, and it works great. doesn't slow the game down, and i have not seen a single bot, and made a bunch of friends through it.

what's the point of building this stuff up if we can't frigging talk with anyone?
and yeah we have "neighbors" but all the neighbors near me have quit the game.

DeletedUser626

the majority of neighbors i've messaged by mail, are looking forward to fellowship, including the new feature of chat live in game with the fellowship.

at this moment, i can only recall one forum poster that has written about the down sides of slowing down the game. (could be others, i missed)

fortunately the Developers have given each of us the freedom to never use new feature live chat by refusing to joining a fellowship.

Thursday, we'll have the option to join a fellowship that will offer the fellowship live chat.

**Edit - what a surprise, I misread the release date as Thursday, fellowship chat was just released today.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser688

the majority of neighbors i've messaged by mail, are looking forward to fellowship, including the new feature of chat live in game with the fellowship.

at this moment, i can only recall one forum poster that has written about the down sides of slowing down the game. (could be others, i missed)

fortunately the Developers have given each of us the freedom to never use new feature live chat by refusing to joining a fellowship.

Thursday, we'll have the option to join a fellowship that will offer the fellowship live chat.

well technically..theres only like 4 people in this thread lol, and there was only the 1 guy that seemed opposed, talking about it slowing their game, but someone else stated "live chats are always overrun by bots" and i have not seen a single bot in any forge of empires server

on the topic of neighbors...it doesn't seem fair we can only interact with the people we "uncovered" on our maps.
what if we get dumped into a dead section and all our closest neighbors are dead accounts?
i'm on "W" world and i uncovered about 20 neighbors and none of them have upgraded beyond main hall rank 2 and most of them have only the first handful of buildings you get in the tutorial and they obviously quit after that.

when i look in the trade market, there are 0 trade offers, none, nada, zilch.

once in a while i see this one guy post 2 or 3 "unfair trades" and its always the same guy, but beyond that, i have no active neighbors and nobody is trading on the market. i'm just playing this game by myself.

unless...is "W" a new server? i see its pretty far down the alphabet, and i somehow am rank 83 after only playing like 4 days. and the #1 only has main hall rank 7 and most of their buoldings are between ranks 4-6

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

InnoGames is intentionally avoiding an alphabetical sequence for the new worlds, and they've indicated that all of the regional servers will be using the same names for their various worlds. That raises some interesting language problems, such as a Chevrolet Nova. No Va, in Spanish, means Won't Go.

I'll lay you decent odds that some of our refugees from Worlds Of Warcraft will create a Fellowship called "Trade Chat" so that they can shoot the breeze.

The problem with Global Chat is that it's vulnerable to trolls and, judging by my experience in other games, when folks can't trade with each other nor polish each other, because they're NOT in the same neighborhood nor Fellowship, then all that's left is picking on each other.

DeletedUser511

Welll I was right its slowing my computer down and throwing up script and flash player errors.LOL I knew this would happen!

DeletedUser

Use your options and stop your in game animations and lower the battle graphics. it will speed up loading and you can visit more towns to help without having to clear cache.