• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

chat

DeletedUser511

Dude im not a newbie to gaming I already did that so move on. WOW! LOL!

DeletedUser

I've disabled animations and have low battle graphics and I still have to refresh the page after 10 helping visits. I usually crash flash player (memory overload) on visit 11 or 12. Don't know yet what effect chat will have on my experience.

DeletedUser626

i was in game when the update bumped me out, and got right back in.
the chat, and fellowship had no negative effect on my gaming experience.
Thank you, InnoGames :)

though, still have the usual culprit memory leak on neighbor help visits.
So far hot keys, trades, chat, battles are going smooth today.

DeletedUser688

... That raises some interesting language problems, such as a Chevrolet Nova. No Va, in Spanish, means Won't Go.

The problem with Global Chat is that it's vulnerable to trolls and, judging by my experience in other games, when folks can't trade with each other nor polish each other, because they're NOT in the same neighborhood nor Fellowship, then all that's left is picking on each other.

i'm not sure how espanish speakers could confuse "nova" with "no (space) va"

especially since it is really similar to "nuevo". i guess it's possible, since it confused google translator lol

interestingly, in portuguese "nova" means "new" which is what I always thought it meant.

I think a lot of language is not just in literal translations but also the context.

and like I said earlier, I haven't seen the "trolling" and "picking on each other" in forge of empires. i admit in the particular world i am in, i have seen members of one guild talking a LOT of trash about one particular guy who doesn't seem to be playing anymore but when he was playing, he ticked off a lot of people, but the chat is not clogged with it. and one night i did see someone get into an argument with someone else. but thats just the nature of a social forum. people are going to have ideas and opinions and others will disagree. people will be butthurt when they lose in pvp combat...

DeletedUser

Sorry, I agree as well the live chat should be expanded, as it is a quicker method of communication. If one does not want it, or use it, then it can be turned off.

Mail system would be slower, and to a limited audience, whereas chat has a much farther reaching capability.

Chat should have several channels: World, Regional, Guild (Fellowship, sorry, will start hard to remember this word, as I am new!), and Personal or Private.

Case in point: Would you rather have the Pony Express to communicate with, or the telephone? Remember, progress is the name of the game, and the savior of our civilization. I guess you can tell already I am a much older person playing this game.

Thank you, not a sermon, just a thought.

DeletedUser

good suggestion upon a good suggestion ! Thank you !

Would anyone be interested and supportive if I made a formal suggestion to have a nighttime Elvenar, with lights in windows and the lamppost that really creates a big light at night? Very magical. Case in point: Disney at night, or during the holidays at year end, the lights at night make it !

DeletedUser511

We have enough things to slow our comps down. If they do have something like that I hope it comes with a off button.

DeletedUser

wish granted, and I agree with the off button. Also, it would be nice within a fellowship chat, to know if a fellowship member is online at the time, just like the forum is.

DeletedUser61

There are plenty of programs, Skype for example, that do a superb job of supporting a variety of chat and voice channels.

Why don't you just set up an appropriate Skype group, and have at it.

DeletedUser688

i'm not sure how espanish speakers could confuse "nova" with "n0 (space) va"

especially since it is really similar to "nuevo". i guess it's possible, since it confused google translator lol

interstingly, in portuguese "nova" means "new" which is what I always thought it meant.

I think a lot of language is not just in literal translations but also the context.

and like I said earlier, I haven't seen the "trolling" and "picking on each other" in forge of empires. i admit in the particular world i am in, i have seen members of one guild talking a LOT of trash about one particular guy who doesn't seem to be playing anymore but when he was playing, he ticked off a lot of people, but the chat is not clogged with it. and one night i did see someone get into an argument with someone else. but thats just the nature of a social forum. people are going to have ideas and opinions and others will disagree. people will be butthurt when they lose in pvp combat...
i'm not sure how espanish speakers could confuse "nova" with "no (space) va"

interestingly, in portuguese "nova" means "new" which is what I always thought it meant.

oh....i get it, now...its a pun on how unreliable chevy cars are..."Cheyy No go"...

DeletedUser

Skype is another external website one could use, but is not in-house.

There are some folks, due to their jobs and security clearances, not legally able to have these accounts. We already have a chat now, let us just expand it, and have an off button for those that do not care for it. This is how this game can be competitive with others.

Thank you !

DeletedUser61

They can play Elvenar but they can't use Skype? I'm happy with some basic chat coordination capabilities, but there's no point in trying to match the capabilities of Skype et al.

DeletedUser

Yes, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, etc., they cannot have accounts with these folks. Welcome to the new world of cyber security !

DeletedUser61

Then they're not going to be able to use Elvenar either. How about cellphones?

DeletedUser

More like welcome to the world of lack of cyber security. The problem isn't the jobs; its the social media. Well, except Skype and its video or audible chatting. THAT is a whole different security issue. Imagine someone in intelligence with such an account. Just one inadvertent case of someone leaving the computer on ....

DeletedUser61

I'm familiar with security protocols. What I don't understand is why you think Elvenar chat would be regarded as an exception.

DeletedUser688

nice pat answer..."no in game communications...well why don't you act like and intelligent person and install 3rd party software then?"

that's all well and good, but you don't think it's nice to have an in game communication system that doesn't require 3rd party programs?

DeletedUser61

A simple, basic Fellowship chat is convenient.
A fancy multisession chat capability with a lot of bells and whistle, no, because better tools are available.

DeletedUser

let's add more fuel to the fire: How about a Fellowship forum, in-game of course !

k, let the sparks fly now !