• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Check Box to Delete Ancient Wonders and Special Event Buildings

DeletedUser24439

Even though we have a confirmation window to delete Ancient Wonders and Special Event Buildings, I believe there should be a check box when we want to delete these kinds of buildings. The check box provides a failsafe in the event a player misclicks selling one of these buildings and they happen to double click where the green button is located. The check box would work very similar to the diamond confirmation box.

DeletedUser16929

Even though we have a confirmation window to delete Ancient Wonders and Special Event Buildings, I believe there should be a check box when we want to delete these kinds of buildings. The check box provides a failsafe in the event a player misclicks selling one of these buildings and they happen to double click where the green button is located. The check box would work very similar to the diamond confirmation box.
that's a good idea!
i like the idea of that
how about an undo button that would allow for a 24 hour period to undo
it could be called UNDO.............................................. :D:D:):):cool::):):D:D

DeletedUser2870

I like the idea.
@Ashrem
I don't feel every building would need something like that. But especially the AWs and eventbuildings come in mind to have such a feature. And perhaps the premium buildings (if anyone still places them).
I've deleted one AW and several event-buildings by mistake because either there was some kind of lag, or because a simple mistaken double-click and it's a real pain to have that happen.
The regular buildings can be a pain when it happens, but they can be rebuild. It takes time mostly, but the event-buildings cannot be replaced. And the same goes for an AW that is mistakenly deleted, yes it can be rebuild, but all invested KPs are gone forever.

DeletedUser2870

No No I mean when you do anything like move buildings or do something stupid you can redo. Like an eraser.
The problem is people will be abusing that. Even if one puts a 1-minute timelimit on the undo opttion, it will be used as free storage.
When reorganising and you have a lack of space, just delete a building, move 1 or 2 others, then 'undo' the delete and do it again when one needs to move/upgrade/reorganise more.

The original option of a checkbox gives players the ability to 'lock' buildings so they can't be deleted by mistake, which also means there will be no need for an 'undo' button.

The only way an 'undo' function would actually work is if one could save the city as it is, then work on it and restore it to exactly how it was, but that just is not an option for a browser game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The problem is people will be abusing that. Even if one puts a 1-minute timelimit on the undo opttion, it will be used as free storage.
When reorganising and you have a lack of space, just delete a building, move 1 or 2 others, then 'undo' the delete and do it again when one needs to move/upgrade/reorganise more
Not if undo only changes the most recent action. Or a complete "rollback." Then to undo the deletion you'd have to undo anything else you did back to the point you get the building back.

DeletedUser2870

@Ashrem
That might work, but it would be much more of a hassle to everyone than to have a checkbox added to 'lock' a building.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That might work, but it would be much more of a hassle to everyone than to have a checkbox added to 'lock' a building.
I think so too, but not sure enough to want to shut the idea down. They're clearly already using journalling of some sort in combat, since they can recreate a fight up to the point you disconnected, and it's possible that there are already journalling entries in other places (It would serve nicely for the logs the CSRs use to troubleshoot people's tickets). If everything is already journal-driven, they just need to allow user roll-backs of the last "xx" entries and they're done.

If one idea gets a lot more traction than the other, the devs can decide what they want to implement.

DeletedUser16929

When reorganising and you have a lack of space, just delete a building, move 1 or 2 others, then 'undo' the delete and do it again when one needs to move/upgrade/reorganise more.

this sounds like a very good idea for everyone, what a great idea to better rearrange your city, everyone's city, good for all!
don't be too much wine at your cheese party! :D:D:):):eek::):):D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16929

So free temp "storage" then? Because that is how some people would abuse that option.
how would it be abuse, i see it as an advantage, what a great idea to better rearrange your city, everyone's city, good for all!
temporary storage, what a great idea! :D:D:):):p:):):D:D

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
how would it be abuse, i see it as an advantage, what a great idea to better rearrange your city, everyone's city, good for all!
Great ideas for players are not always great ideas for a game. Games that are too easy get abandoned quickly because people get bored when there's not enough challenge.

DeletedUser24458

I would love a checkbox to lock a building! I get so scared about double clicking or mom-brain when moving things around or deleting roads.

Yogi Dave

The check box for AWs and event buildings is a great idea. I'd add premium buildings to that as @Dhurrin mentioned.

I also like the undo as explained by @Ashrem. It rolls back only the previous action. That seems like it would work fine if you stay in the city map.If it extends to other aspects of game play, there can be problems. An example would be you delete an AW, fight a battle, then notice you deleted the AW. So you undo the battle then the AW deletion. While that sounds okay-ish, it would lead to being able to undo a battle then fight it differently or just cater it. That's just one example to show the undo comes with a whole raft of problems. Even staying in the city there are problems. Can you undo a spell then place it on the building someone just buffed? Can you 'unplace' a building? Someone may have buffed it after you placed it. There are many subtle unintended consequences with the undo idea which can give someone an advantage or make it very difficult to implement.

So, perhaps, just the check box to prevent deletion of AWs, event buildings and premium buildings is the great idea here.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The more problematic exploit I worried about is undoing your last roll in events repeatedly until you get the daily prize, or 500 free event tokens for every roll.

DeletedUser23499

that's a good idea!
i like the idea of that
how about an undo button that would allow for a 24 hour period to undo
it could be called UNDO.............................................. :D:D:):):cool::):):D:D
Great idea, I accidentally deleted a hard won Ancient Wonders and asked support if they could undo it and they declined to. I would have loved a chance to reverse it or prevent it as deleting it was not intentional.