• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Coin Cities

Why is there a poll on this thread?

• I dunno it's your thread dork

• I blame Soggy

• On principle, I do not participate in polls

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
yes soggy but remember, they have there I.P address so they are easy too access and offer them an incentive too come back too the game
I'm sure inno is smart enough to send "hey your city misses you, have 700 diamonds for free" emails, but really, how effective is it?
I would need to see some really impressive and surprising numbers to justify making the game worse for hundreds of thousands of players by keeping dead cities around.

DeletedUser2862

not really sure soggy,, maybe all the new players get placed intothe cities,, and now its going mobile, it will have an influx of players looking too join

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Had a couple actual cities replace coins today.
They are both just an MH and one or two buildings.
So will probably be inactive.
But at least I'll get my Lighthouse bonus for visits, as long as they don't decide to kill the MH.

DeletedUser6857

Let's be real here. What efforts are really being made when I consistently see 10's of thousands of cities with a score of 0. I just looked now on K and there are over 35K cities with a score of 0 and over 58K with scores under 100 which means they didn't even finish the tutorial. This has been the case since I started. I have had a city near me that still has only the original road a few buildings and the MH in upgrade and it has been that way since I started playing.

SoggyShorts

Had a couple actual cities replace coins today.
They are both just an MH and one or two buildings.
So will probably be inactive.
But at least I'll get my Lighthouse bonus for visits, as long as they don't decide to kill the MH.
Full disclosure:
hackerman.png

If I was able to hack into accounts, I would use that skill to start those MH upgrades.

DeletedUser2824

Why stop there? Build every factory type except your boosted, make a bunch of fellowships of 1, and make a forum account for everyone just so you can complain that no one is taking your trades.

DeletedUser61

I consistently see 10's of thousands of cities with a score of 0.
Until somebody clicks on the build menu they won't be assigned a slot on the world map, so most of the 0 score cities won't effect your game play in any way.

SoggyShorts

Until somebody clicks on the build menu they won't be assigned a slot on the world map, so most of the 0 score cities won't effect your game play in any way.
I don't think clicking on "build" gets you a spot n the world map
not.png

This player is not on the map.

It must happen at some point after your first building completes.

So the question is, why not simply move that marker back to "construct 4 buildings" before placing them on the map? That would prevent ~20,000 cities on Khelonaar from having joined the world map.
Or (as has been suggested before) wait until they have a barracks.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I don't think clicking on "build" gets you a spot n the world map
View attachment 2011
This player is not on the map.

It must happen at some point after your first building completes.

So the question is, why not simply move that marker back to "construct 4 buildings" before placing them on the map? That would prevent ~20,000 cities on Khelonaar from having joined the world map

OR

On the assumption that many of these "cities" are just there because someone wanted to be able to look at cities on a world other than their own
*bronze medal for longest sentence of the month*

How about making it possible for people to be able to view worlds they don't play on?

Ember Isolte

I'm on Arendyll, and just about 2 weeks after I first started playing this game, Support moved my city away from what seemed to me to be an active neighborhood. :( In my new location, I now have 14 "coin cities" to the West and South of my city and it's really disheartening to see these craters. Did they move me to the edge of the map or something? They sent me this message along with the move, but I only have 2 neighbors out of all of them that even seem to do the neighborly help thing or even appear active on the Trader.

DeletedUser3268

So instead of clearing the worlds of coin cities and dead cities---they open up a new 7th world because the 6th filled up fast. Here's a clue Inno---fill in the dead spots before opening things up for a 7th. Close ranks and take care of what you have before opening something else. SMH

That's why I change my settings to not allow them to move me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser68

InnoGames uses a great many tools to determine when an additional world is needed. The number of cities in the roster, including the 0 rank cities and the inactive cities that are on the map, are just entries on a disc drive somewhere in the server farm.

The number of concurrent users and the number of transactions per minute have FAR more to do with response time, and thereby the need for an additional world.

SoggyShorts

InnoGames uses a great many tools to determine when an additional world is needed. The number of cities in the roster, including the 0 rank cities and the inactive cities that are on the map, are just entries on a disc drive somewhere in the server farm.

The number of concurrent users and the number of transactions per minute have FAR more to do with response time, and thereby the need for an additional world.
Thank you for the explanation. That makes a compelling argument for opening another server, but still fails to address the dead cities issue.

CanDaMan

Instead of the 'quick buck' ideology, why not think longer term (WHAT?). Rather than holding on to the coat-strings of dead accounts, in hopes of possible FUTURE diamond purchases, why not make current players lives easier. That may make them happier with the game, and they may buy diamonds in the FUTURE. Sure, that goes against everything Inno has done in the PAST, but as Einstein said 'The defenition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.' Why not make an area (server) for the dead guys, they can request to be placed into the last city they were in before they got banished.

DeletedUser7067

For over a week I've had seven or eight empty cities that just show the coin on the map.
It is noting new to have a coin city pop up because a dead city got deleted ( I assume.)
I've gotten them periodically since I first started playing.
But it used to be that one would appear and usually be replaced with a new city the next day.
So I'm wondering why these are hanging around so long.
Is the player base dropping off?
Is the game shipping new players to Sinya?
Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon lately?
I have the same thing in my neighborhood in Sinya. Haven't noticed in any of my cities in other worlds.

DeletedUser6857

I have the same thing in my neighborhood in Sinya. Haven't noticed in any of my cities in other worlds.

I'm seeing this in Khelonaar. I got 9 new ones in the last week or two and the number is growing. None have been replaced by new cities. Yet on Felyndral where I'm in a world of dead cities I have none (only 9 out of 33 even have a trader).