• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Combat - browser vs mobile

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
That is, get higher initiative troops like the expendable greenies dryads to attract Mist Walker attention.
She will kill fellow Light Range faster than Rangers and Archers though (I don't have a human city to comment about crossbowmen), but she acts last out of all Light Range. Therefore, if you slot her across Heavy Melee, she will be able to help clean up the Light Range enemies faster and deal with Heavy Melee guys later. I think it's Marble tourney that has a lot of Light Range/Heavy Melee combos to do this on. AI will also honor this in autofights because Mist Walker will walk up first so she's a closer target than the Heavy Melee.

Raccon

Wise Golem, Voice of the Prophet, and Flying Academy. I don't train any. She comes over to hang out and watch movies.
These buildings give priests in my city, No Buddy or golem from any AW or event building in human city.

crackie

These buildings give priests in my city, No Buddy or golem from any AW or event building in human city.
Oh yeah! Well, I guess what you could do is start a vacation city on the EN server for your elf. It'll be super casual, "they" said.

crackie

Perhaps I did not follow directions, but it did not work by a long shot.
This was the result:

View attachment 12702
AW: MM 26, DAbbey 17, ToT 23 buffs: 1 MMM, 1 UUU, 1 DA.

Here is an example of a "Suicidal Buddy" setup versus a Hellhound. @samidodamage likes to use Blossom but I'm using Buddy because I'm the Self-Appointed President of the Bud Sorceress Fan Club. This is how I lined up my fighters against the enemy in the unit selection window:

Enemy Lineup: (1) Abbot (2) Steinling (3) Thornrose Mage (4) Knight (5) Hellhound
My lineup: (1) Ranger (2) Blossom (3) Ranger (4) Frog (5) Buddy
suicidal buddy.jpg

The Rangers use their extra movement to circumvent obstacles and one-shot kill both Abbot and Thornrose Mage to get them out of the way and give me a big numbers advantage by round 2. Next, Buddy goes to play Sous Chef and prep the Hellhound by sticking a +20% offensive buff and -50% defensive buff. Then the Frog, with its long range, takes it shot to (in this case) kill the Hellhound. This is only Province #10 so the Hellhound is dead after 2 shots. However, by Province 20+, he'll need 3+ shots to die and I won't have 3+ shots to give on opening round with 2 Rangers dedicated to mage killing duties. That means he'll live to get a bite in. In this case, he'll likely bite my mages instead of rangers, but they'll live because he's now biting with a 50% less powerful bite.

@samidodamage said she uses Blossom in this situation. Blossom will do Sous Chef prep work of sticking a 30% offensive buff, which means the Hellhound will take slightly more damage, but he will still get to snack on the mages with a full strength bite. I'd rather give him more health, but absorb a 50% less powerful bite. Another consideration here is that my 2 Rangers have the advantage on the Knight. Therefore, in Round 2, I have 3 units to clean him up (2 Rangers, 1 Blossom), which leaves 2 units to clean up the Steinling. Blossom has +30% offensive advantage on a Heavy Range, but Buddy has a +70%. So my secondary matchups favors Buddy over Blossom on that Steinling.

However, in both cases, this only works if there are no obstacles. Even without knowing what the map looks like beforehand, I know both Blossom and Buddy could get potentially blocked from Sous Chef duties by obstacles. Blossom's movement is only 2 and she needs all 2 movements to reach. Buddy needs all 4 of her movements to reach a target on the other side as well. There are 2 obstacle scenarios where Blossom can't reach, but 4 obstacle scenarios where Buddy will be blocked. This goes back to understanding movement zones without needing to know the map. Therefore, Blossom has the advantage of being less blocked more often. Knowing that, I will adjust and probably go with @samidodamage's preference of using Blossoms in an autofight and using Suicidal Buddies in a manual fight, esp in higher provinces. I can prob get away with Suicidal Buddy setups autofighting in lower provinces though.