• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Comment on my work(if you want)

• Thread starter DeletedUser19483
  • Start date

DeletedUser19483

Ok people I've entered the drawing gig(screams of anguish and cries of, "is anything sacred?") I want you, random people on the internet, to comment and tell me what is wrong with me.... I mean my art. While your having fun flaming me(the fire makes me STRONGER) please give me advice....or not thats fine.

here is the beginnings of my first horr..masterpiece
HINT:it's a scythe
IMG_20190402_192307.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vergazi

I think the wielder would cut their own head off by mistake and their opponent would LOL and walk away shaking their head. I have actually used a actual hand scythe to cut grass and you could benefit from a bit of research similar to how manga artists do to get the degree of realism they desire. Granted realism is often thrown to the wayside in favor of a certain fantasy ascetic, but some realism is a good thing imo. Brave of you putting it out there for comment...keep on drawing is what all great artists say if you want to get better and never stop.

DeletedUser19483

I think the wielder would cut their own head off by mistake and their opponent would LOL and walk away shaking their head. I have actually used a actual hand scythe to cut grass and you could benefit from a bit of research similar to how manga artists do to get the degree of realism they desire. Granted realism is often thrown to the wayside in favor of a certain fantasy ascetic, but some realism is a good thing imo. Brave of you putting it out there for comment...keep on drawing is what all great artists say if you want to get better and never stop.
hmm I have a scythe myself(for gardening not...you know....other stuff) and I was trying to avoid realism. cuz frankly my real world drawings need a LOT of mental prepping to handle without exploding from horror, but taking your advice I'll tone down the edge and add a little more...you know...I didn't kill my opponent due to him laughing to death:D

DeletedUser20709

Hi moon.....First off, I applaud your courage asking for criticism in an open forum...Bravo.
My only problem with this scythe is that it is a tool used for cutting, and the opening between the blade and the handle isn't big enough to let anything bigger than a baseball thru it.

DeletedUser19483

No one here is going to flame you.

1. It's against Forum rules, and the Mods don't mess around.
2. What would be the point in flaming?
3. As long as it is your own artwork, and is PG-13, you should be fine.

View attachment 5425
I guess saying flaming was a strong word. What I meant is don't hold back on the comments. Say what you want(within forum rules) I take it all into consideration.:D

DeletedUser20709

Depending on the nature of the character wielding it, the scythe blade could be snapped into place, like a switchblade. At least, that's what the Fairy warrior in my head is doing with it.
While that may in fact be the way it is intended to be used, I see no mechanism at the top pivot point that would indicate this. I also find that a very impractical way to use a weapon like this, but to each his own.
Bottom line is keep drawing moon, practice makes perfect. :)

DeletedUser

While that may in fact be the way it is intended to be used, I see no mechanism at the top pivot point that would indicate this. I also find that a very impractical way to use a weapon like this

Perhaps, from a Realistic point of view, but a magic-forged weapon is not necessarily bound by the same laws.

You see the weapon as @NormalMoon has drawn it, not as I imagine it. And that's alright. :)

DeletedUser19483

Perhaps, from a Realistic point of view, but a magic-forged weapon is not necessarily bound by the same laws.

You see the weapon as @NormalMoon has drawn it, not as I imagine it. And that's alright. :)
umm...your both right...you see when I was putting this through the first rough draft I had a point at the top that would allow it to act as a switch blade. At the same time I was gonna rune the boy up so it looks like it needs magic. So your both right:rolleyes:

DeletedUser20709

I'm a big fan of fantasy, and by all means, draw whatever you wish, but I also think something needs some practicality applied to its design, but that's just me.
Now that last scythe will do the job it's intended to do...lol ;)

DeletedUser19483

I'm a big fan of fantasy, and by all means, draw whatever you wish, but I also think something needs some practicality applied to its design, but that's just me.
No that last scythe will do the job it's intended to do...lol ;)
I love opinion so tell me what you think and how you think I can get better:D