• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Contest Discussion Thread

Sweetp

Ex-Team Member
I do apologize. I locked the thread thinking it would also stop anymore likes, but it didn't. Several other likes were added and there was no way for me to tell .
I can say I won't do anymore voting with the "like" system.
I am very sorry

Queen of Snacks

Snack Hoarder
I do apologize. I locked the thread thinking it would also stop anymore likes, but it didn't. Several other likes were added and there was no way for me to tell .
I am very sorry
You can see exactly when each like was added

1680927992829.png

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hmmm
That's not cool. The Queen's snack cake was by far the most appealing, in terms of gee, I want some of that. The player who won had the coolest Elvenar themed cake. Y'all could have awarded the diamonds by votes, and still passed on the best Elvenar theme to the company, just saying.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am very sorry
No way to tell?

I don't think insulting our intelligence will make anyone feel better about this.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I didn’t submit a cake because my cake would have been lit by 8 dumpster fires. Lately, that’s what the forum experience feels like, but I respected at least they are finally giving us another forum contest since October and not neglecting us like the black sheep and derelict community we’ve become. I didn’t want to damper the spirit of the contest with my entry, even though I think most would be able to relate and laugh when they saw my “candles”. I think anyone that submitted an entry knows they have a higher chance of losing than winning, but I don’t think anyone would have expected they port over the Ideas & Suggestions process over to Contests by making staff voices suppress the players’ voices there too. The most disappointing has to be the fact they thought nobody would notice the results changing after the deadline in a contest swarming with forum regulars AND this is how they thought the community is best served. This is the opposite of community building. This is alienating the user base. The community is not built on workshops, factories, ancient wonders, stale strawberry beer, or anything else in the game. It is built on people. Without the people, there is no community. Thanks for executing my cake for me without me having to do any work.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hey guys, please remember they are new and human and mistakes happen. Looks like as soon as it was pointed they immediately are trying to fix it and address it and care enough about us all to do that instead of ignoring it!!!! This is how we all learn is by mistakes!
I think we all agree that Sweetp didn't start this mess, and that she's (he?) trying to do the best to fix it. But the problem was definitely started intentionally by mods who voted illegally after the close of the contest, so it is Inno's fault for not having a policy to keep their mods from doing that. And if they do have a policy and the mods chose to ignore it, then they need to be kicked out. After all, it wasn't an accident that mods skewed the results after the contest ended. Inno is going to have to be proactive about this and let everyone know what actions they have taken to modify or create a policy to avoid cheating in the future, before trust will be built again.

But I agree with you that Sweet is taking the brunt of the flak for something that other mods did, and the other mods are going to have to take responsibility ... and so is Inno for training or failing to train them (whether volunteers or not) in the first place. This is unacceptable behavior. I just don't want it to sour our relationships on the forum. Mistakes do happen, and if they are corrected, if proper training is put in place for mods in future, and if the original scores are restored, then I'll be satisfied.

Queen of Snacks

Snack Hoarder
This is why you use the poll function, and allow multiple choices.
It will force a end time when no new votes can be add'd, unlike
likes..... you run contest for X days for entries, then X days for votes.
Is this really rocket science ????? :rolleyes: .. I think not.
You can only have a limited number of options (10) with the poll feature on the forum, so it often doesn't work well for contests.

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
This is why you use the poll function, and allow multiple choices.
It will force a end time when no new votes can be add'd, unlike
likes..... you run contest for X days for entries, then X days for votes.
Is this really rocket science ????? :rolleyes: .. I think not.

SweetP did say this was the last time he/she was going to use the "like" method on a contest.