• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cost of Diamonds

• Thread starter DeletedUser4930
  • Start date

DeletedUser4930

A FS member told the rest of us that the option to buy diamonds now begins at $49.99 USD. That isn't the case on my 2 cities, however, he has 5 across several worlds and said it was the same in each plus other players told him the same. Is this a bug? The player was encouraged to contact Support. Please tell me it isn't true. I nickel and dime my way through the realms.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Players that spend a lot on diamonds are being offered special deals with higher values. It doesn't matter how many cities your friend has, Diamond purchases/offers are to the account, and will be the same for all cities.

FemmeDraven

I've spent WAY too much $$ on diamonds and am not seeing the different pricing structure many are complaining about on Facebook and a lot of them are seeing it. This is not a bargain in the least. And to get a discount, you have to spend $50? Not happening.
20525868_1312267295538773_1172238657207693774_n.jpg

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You're right. If that graphic is accurate, that's a terrible deal. It's also very confusing, since if I spend $50 I get the same amount (6500) but it says it's a 30% bonus, not an 18% bonus. Not sure how that can be explained.

upload_2017-8-5_11-40-14.png

Edit: Ah, they are increassing the base amount. My base is 500 for $50, while that base is 5508 for $50. Weird.

FemmeDraven

You're right. If that graphic is accurate, that's a terrible deal. It's also very confusing, since if I spend $50 I get the same amount (6500) but it says it's a 30% bonus, not an 18% bonus. Not sure how that can be explained.

View attachment 2209
There are a bunch of people on FB complaining and sharing this jacked up prices image...there is no deal in that and someone's math skills are seriously lacking. One gal sent in a support ticket thinking this was an error and she was told the pricing changes periodically and that's it. This isn't a price change like the specials we occasionally see...this is a disaster.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
"Disaster" is a bit over-the-top. You still get the same diamonds for the same price, just fewer small options and some new large options.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Fewer small options is a disaster because most people don't spend $200 on game tokens.
Nobody has to spend $200. Maybe some people will be desolate that they can't buy 500 for $5, but the 1100 for $10.00 option is still there. Their statistics probably showed them that most people were never buying the $$4.99 pack anyway. If you're going to spend 5, why not spend 10 and get 10% more?

The $20.00 pack will probably be missed more, but if they often offer a deal on the $10.00 pack that bumps it up to 1200 diamonds, then it will be effectively the same.

I think it's very possible that their credit card fees on the $5.00 pack are becoming a significant problem for them, and they need to get rid of it.

DeletedUser7557

this is the "special they offered at end of herds, no 50.00 option was mad

Attachments

• elvanar mistake.jpg
    elvanar mistake.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 132

WolfSinger

I bought diamonds yesterday and still had the 19.99 option available - that's my favorite also and typically that's my payday weekend purchase in game

DeletedUser9080

Yep... I only have the $9.99 and then it jumps to the $49.99 Plus options...

They just priced me right out of the Diamond market.
Glad to see I'm not the only one complaining.

Oh well... their loss....

DeletedUser1944

I bought diamonds yesterday and still had the 19.99 option available - that's my favorite also and typically that's my payday weekend purchase in game
That was mine as well. I can see the need to drop the 4.99 price point due to processor fees. But to take out the 19.99 and add a 199.99 tells me they want to push the 49.99 on us and is nothing more then greed motivated. Seen this be for when they changed the cost for a 5 x 5 square .