• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cost of expansions

Devman

Last night my next expansion was 1600. This morning its 5300. I challenge you to rationalize charging $50 to buy a little square . I'm already over $100 dollars into your "free" browser game. If your real intent was to end my patronage of this game you could have found a way that was a little less insulting . I understand now why you are looking for forum moderators after implementing this inexcusable new price hike . I wouldn't want the responsibility of justifying this absurdity either . Trust that you have received my last dollar . Shame on You .

DeletedUser2963

I have been playing this game since july 2016. I like the game and am having great fun with it. I always spend a bit of money in "free" games when I like them. I will continue to do so as it pleases me. Expansions were my main purchases in this game, in my primary city I have all 23. In my secondary city I do not have a single one, and will never have one as playing that one without diamonds was the whole reason I started it.

I must confess that from day one I thought the prices here were a bit on the high side. The money I was willing to spend did not go far here. After this update, it won't do anything but get me some cultural buildings that I will just need to delete in a few chapters. The chances of me spending additional funds in this game just dropped.

DeletedUser2396

Dwarf.jpg
Expansion.jpg

I purchased my last expansion yesterday at a cost of 2,000 Diamonds - if i would have purchased it today it would have cost me 13,500 diamonds.

One thing is for sure about this inflation - Inno sure KNows how to chop off the hand that feeds them.

Sorry Mod - i still haven't guite figured out how to make the spoiler yet -

SK

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfSinger

I purchased my last expansion yesterday at a cost of 2,000 Diamonds - if i would have purchased it today it would have cost me 13,500 diamonds

Actually - you wouldn't have been able to purchase it. Inno dropped the number of allowable premium expansions to 23 - and they cap at 8000 diamonds. Since your screen shot show 0 available to purchase - I believe that means you have purchased more than 23 premium expansions total.

DeletedUser3507

Mine are "only" 12,500 diamonds ea, lol!

Great way to kill the game Inno...:mad:

Yesterday i had 3 premiums left, today 0... Wth?

DeletedUser4778

Oh my goodness. I think non-diamond expansions were also affected. It previously showed 16,000 for my next city expansion but now it shows 1,000,000 coins.

WolfSinger

Oh my goodness. I think non-diamond expansions were also affected. It previously showed 16,000 for my next city expansion but now it shows 1,000,000 coins.

What city expansion are you on?

Here's the link to the wiki page on expansions - https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions - I'm not seeing anything in the history that shows a recent change to the costs for city expansions from the tech tree - but I'm entirely sure I'm looking at the history currently so someone else maybe able to see if those were changed as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

Fairies chapter 1,100 diamonds 2.75m coins
And this is the cheap ones....

Per wiki 27th

I had 3 premiums left yesterday at 2k diamonds today 0 but shows a greyed out cost of 12,500 diamonds ea....

DeletedUser4778

What city expansion are you on?

Here's the link to the wiki page on expansions - https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions - I'm not seeing anything in the history that shows a recent change to the costs for city expansions from the tech tree - but I'm entirely sure I'm looking at the history currently so someone else maybe able to see if those were changed as well.

Thanks, WolfSinger. I didn't think of checking the Wiki since it's been quite inaccurate lately. It is correct. 1M for City Expansion 20. Funny, it showed 16000 before and I can verify that since it's in my notepad.

DeletedUser2753

I'm not seeing anything in the history that shows a recent change to the costs for city expansions from the tech tree - but I'm entirely sure I'm looking at the history currently so someone else maybe able to see if those were changed as well.
To see both old and new costs see this wiki page: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions&diff=7601&oldid=7340
I see no evidence of a wiki change to the cost of Researched expansions. And the old chart matches what I find in in game for Chapter V but the wiki chart does not include the Chapter VII or for Wood-elves so my cost of 8500k or 2500d to place expansion 36 would be about right. I must assume they did not increase these costs. YET

DeletedUser3507

Table seems corrupted

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
LMAO 50 dollars for the next expansion for me, Inno must have gotten into the magic mushrooms because that is just a crazy amount of money for a virtual 5x5 space. wait till they don't sell any and cant make a dime off anyone anymore. This will only hurt them as I don't think too many players will feel like this is a fair price ( I thought they were expensive before!!) not sure how you put a value like that on virtual space that isn't even real.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4417

Will say it here and now as they have implemented this new change, I will not be putting money into this game at this point. I will play it as I found it, 'for free' and it will remain such. I will progress and play on those grounds but until things significantly improve Inno will not receive one blessed red cent from me. This had GREED stamped across it in big bold red neon letters. Prior to this I was fully ready to devote a few hundred bucks and get the expansions but now? No.