• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cross Tier Trades

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And my reply to you was about you saying all event buildings that give tier 3 from chapters 6-8 change to mana, etc when upgraded to chapter 9 and beyond, which is wrong.
I never used the word "all" in this conversation. I said "in general" which specifically does not mean all the time, but most of the time.
So no, you did not reply about me "saying all event buildings that give tier 3 from chapters 6-8 change to mana, etc when upgraded to chapter 9 and beyond" though it's possible you interpreted something that way.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
*sigh*
Here I am, making FA badge charts for y'all on my Saturday, in between tourneying and eventing, and geez!
First thing this morning, after a VERY long week that I hope I will not be repeating any time soon, I did make a remark, about how a great many low level cities place buildings that have been designed to produce goods for higher chapters. And for many players, these buildings produce tier 3 goods. Yes, they get placed to produce extra supplies or whatever, but they tend to get stalled at tier 3 goods as a city evolves. I have a couple of cities with Moonstone Library pieces that end up stuck making T3 because it's too handy to upgrade right off. I also recall having a LOT of tier 3 at that point, yes, with the Jester's set and Snow Owl sets at chapters 7 and 8. I did NOT trade away my glut of tier 3 but instead saved a bunch of resources placed elsewhere, in terms of less tier3 factories. But I am not the average player.

I will repeat what I said earlier: Build, or better yet, keep what you need, and NOT what you don't. You have too much tier 3? and not enough tier 2? Store something that makes tier 3 and replace it with something that makes what you need. (Not speaking specifically to Ashrem or Enevhar, either at this point).

I routinely avoid cross tier trades. It's reached a point that I never take these trades, excepting wee trades from small neighbors, where I don't much notice giving them what they're requesting. I mean, we don't even see amounts in the hundreds, and it's getting to where we don't even see amounts in the thousands, when our goods total in the millions or billions, due to rounding. How often do I look at wee neighbors' trades? about twice a month maybe.

BrinDarby

Lets look @ a popular offering and use eGems format.

RandomBldg1 - supplies/T1/T2/T3/Mana/Seeds

Supplies (ch 1-2) , T1 (ch 3-4) , T2 (ch 5-6)
T3 (ch 7-8) , Mana (ch 9-10 ) , Seeds (11+)

As players move up CHs, each CH takes longer than
the previous one. While this event you might be CH2,
you won't be next event..... while a player might play
in 2-3 events per CH by the time they hit CH 7 or 8... and can
play in 4-5 events while in those 2 chapters combined.
Now with the new tech tree, players are hurried into Ch 5,
but then slow down faster.

This is why my previous post made reference when upgrading
that if you go from CH 6 > 7 , you'd still be able to get T2
not T3 and more of it because you went up a CH.

Bottom line here, players are spending far more time in the
chapters that give T3, than give T1 or T2.... thus will accumulate
far more event bldgs that just give T3.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Lets look @ a popular offering and use eGems format.

RandomBldg1 - supplies/T1/T2/T3/Mana/Seeds

Supplies (ch 1-2) , T1 (ch 3-4) , T2 (ch 5-6)
T3 (ch 7-8) , Mana (ch 9-10 ) , Seeds (11+)

As players move up CHs, each CH takes longer than
the previous one. While this event you might be CH2,
you won't be next event..... while a player might play
in 2-3 events by the time they hit CH 7 or 8... and can
play in 4-5 events while in those 2 chapters combined.
Now with the new tech tree, players are hurried into Ch 5,
but then slow down faster.

This is why my previous post made reference when upgrading
that if you go from CH 6 > 7 , you'd still be able to get T2
not T3 and more of it because you went up a CH.

Bottom line here, players are spending far more time in the
chapters that give T3, than give T1 or T2.... thus will accumulate
far more event bldgs that just give T3.
Exactamundo. And players start having many more things to upgrade by the time they hit chapter 7 or 8, so they are more likely to leave the t3 buildings un-upgraded for a couple chapters beyond that, if there are better buildings for mana and seeds they can build. Not everyone is in a 10 chest fellowship and can get rrs that easily, or spend diamonds. I have a few buildings from a few chapters ago; I just haven't gotten around to them, and I get rrs pretty quickly. I pity the players trying to upgrade to mana or seeds instead of the t3 if they are in three or four-chest fellowships.

Pheryll

Set Designer
There is also the fact that the magic academy does not craft dense goods buildings (traveling merchants do not make a considerable amount), while it does craft dense mana and dense seeds buildings. So there is less reason to upgrade the building if it means losing access to dense production.