• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crystal Lighthouse Disapointment

DeletedUser7367

Excuse me? I say that your posts are repetitive and you suggest I seek professional help for mental issues? Now you need to be very careful what you wish for, because if anyone from INNO does decide to listen to the posts in this thread as you have asked, shutting you down for all of your personal attacks is something that should happen too.
You love your perceived 'powers'. Soggy.... and that immutable reality of yours doesn't do anything to dissuade either standing up for myself or answering your false retorts. Again, you continue to confuse my being defensive toward you and others who personally take issue with my grievances toward INNO as somehow 'offensive'. Stay on point would you?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Brooster
WTH are you even talking about? "perceived powers" !? The forum rules are very simple, you aren't allowed to attack or insult others. For some reason the mods have remained silent this week, but that doesn't make your posts any less offensive.

Aside from telling me to seek help for mental issues you have implied or or suggested a few times that I'm a shill for INNO.
Soggyshorts posts that the CL/BS changes are "garbage"(LINK)
Soggyshorts complains that INNO never asked any of us why we visit others(LINK)
Soggyshorts posts that he thinks INNO's reasoning on why we do visits is completely wrong(LINK)

Worst. Shill. Ever.

To be perfectly clear: I do not like the CL/BS changes. I am unhappy with how and when INNO made those changes.
You however have just found 40 different ways to use the word "theft" and a dozen ways to offend players that are actually trying to offer constructive feedback.

DeletedUser1996

To be perfectly clear: I do not like the CL/BS changes. I am unhappy with how and when INNO made those changes.
Soggy` I am For sure with you on that !!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Honestly speaking here ,
Not Pointing any fingers or calling anyone out, at all , Just saying. Im surprised the Mods haven`t shut this thread down
We should all tone it down a touch ! Sorry just a tad out of line on some of these comments -- and I think we should and can spend our energy towards Inno in asking them to rethink this Light/Bell AW change to something more positive !

shimmerfly

Any complaints against the monastery? But wait till I get my popcorn. :D[/QUOTE]
I find complaining both upsetting and worthless :) Either go to the source or don't bother?
I do like a lot of salt too!

Maz Mellor

Any complaints against the monastery? But wait till I get my popcorn. :D

I love my Monastery. At level 11 it gives me a 13.5% boost in troop health plus 8964 culture, which is pretty fab. (I still can't win any battles in the provinces—I'm an old-timer who "over-scouted" before the battle system redesign—but it's cool to have a bit of an edge in the tournaments.) Plus, cliff art!

Re: the Crystal Lighthouse/Bell Spire, I built that first in Win—my secondary city, where I get fewer visits—for the NH duration bonus. Then I found I really enjoyed getting 2 things even from people who hadn't aided me, so I built it in Aren, too. This was really an aesthetic thing; I just liked the way it looked/felt to get those 2 bonuses. It was pleasing. Satisfying. Now I'm not sure how long I'll keep the Wonder, at least in Aren, where I really don't need the NH bonus. I'm sure I'll have other uses for that space once I get into Woodelves....

Last edited:

SunsetDanar

Perhaps I misunderstand one point seeming to be made. I do my fellowship visits first, receiving the max 3 chests complete with goods. So, in addition, there are also random chests to be had out in the world when I follow up with my neighborhood visits? Quite frankly, I've simply not watched for them thinking that I've reached my 23 hour 3 chest limit when doing fellowship visits.

DeletedUser7367

Perhaps I misunderstand one point seeming to be made. I do my fellowship visits first, receiving the max 3 chests complete with goods. So, in addition, there are also random chests to be had out in the world when I follow up with my neighborhood visits? Quite frankly, I've simply not watched for them thinking that I've reached my 23 hour 3 chest limit when doing fellowship visits.
I do exactly the same thing! My FS is the corps of my game..... now, with muted/gelded Lighthouses, I only need to hit about half of my FS members to get the 'consolation' 20% worth of goods! Inno's done more to drive people away from this game by literally shredding this AW...... Less visits, less incentive..... They literally shot themselves in both feet...... The repercussions are becoming exceedingly negative for them [INNO]....the longer this 'nerfing' experiment plays out. Hoping salient minds will prevail. ... BTW, there's a Diamond Boycott Thread with oodles of activity as well. :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

People are sometimes confused because the day ends while they are visiting. For instance it resets at 8:00pm est. So if you start visiting at 7:50 you get your three chests. But if you are still visiting at 8:00 three more chests pop up and you think you got six that day.

DeletedUser8187

People are sometimes confused because the day ends while they are visiting. For instance it resets at 8:00pm est. So if you start visiting at 7:50 you get your three chests. But if you are still visiting at 8:00 three more chests pop up and you think you got six that day.
One of those people would be me. HEHEHEHE! I thought the reset was 11:00pm. I thought I was getting extra chests, that the games made a boo boo. Oh well, gave me a little game thrill. And at my age thats all my poor little heart can handle. ;)
But this is good info to have when we reach quests that want us to collect relics/potions.

SunsetDanar

What just happened? Attempting to respond to a post and the whole dang page disappeared! Was on the first few posts of page 5 and suddenly back to the end of page 4....Mods involved? Somebody get slapped?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
What just happened? Attempting to respond to a post and the whole dang page disappeared! Was on the first few posts of page 5 and suddenly back to the end of page 4....Mods involved? Somebody get slapped?

It was probably Soggyshorts messing with you

He hates new people

DeletedUser1996

upload_2017-10-5_19-34-1.png
LOL yeah-soggy just loves himself ! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4993

This affair is not only being blown out of proportion, but seriously twisted by some astoundingly fickle people.

For starters, if you were visiting people solely for the goods this AW was giving, you couldn't care less about 'helping people' so trying to claim that this harms your so-called helpful tendencies is disingenuous at best. Anyway, is providing 'help' to a city that you know is inactive actually a positive social interaction? At that point you're just farming resources, not strengthening a bond with someone or promoting any sort of community so drop the feigned indignation that 'this change kills social interaction in the game' because there is no social interaction going on when you're visiting hundreds of inactive cities each day that don't even return the 'help' you're providing. Personally, I care more about whether people visit me than and would like to forge those relationships, as middling as they may be, over trying to farm as many cities/people as I can for the resources I get from visiting them.

Secondly, does the effect of the bonus not still increase when it's levelled up, and does having it not provide an effect you can't obtain otherwise? Think about it like this. For 24 squares of space, you're getting extra goods when you open a chest, as well as a longer duration of NH on your culture buildings. For those of you fully embracing that the sky is falling, throwing a tantrum and crying that you're going to get rid of the AW, what are you going to do with those 24 squares of space that's worth what the AW still provides? I'll concede that there may be people who can do so, but I suspect that in most cases there's no way you're going to get that much productivity out of only 24 squares, especially later chapters where a single normal building can take up just as much space.

In a nutshell, you all need to calm down and stop acting like the end times are upon us just because Inno changed an AW bonus to not benefit from farming inactive cities. That's essentially all they did.

Don't project ur belief system unto me. You have absolutely no clue how I think and why I do what I do. I never never claimed to visit for altruistic reasons. Yes, I was buffing everyone active or not solely for the purpose of gaining goods. I have dropped my buffing by about half of my good active neighbors and just the FS gets done. The buffs I used to get have been cut by more than half. My culture has dropped so low I am resorting to using up all my EE to try to go from the now 125% to try to get to the 170-190% I used to have which is not usually possible. So now what do you say. It is not I just changing us from farming but from visits too. How anyone could logically believe that changing the reward for visits to a lower level would increase visits, I'll never know. Leveling up only gives such a low increase it isn't worth the KP. They changed from something I was promised which I paid for with game "money" in the form of KP and yes a few diamonds too. We should be compensated by the return of all KP invested. So don't tell me how I think and how good this AW is. I only keep it in the hopes they will re-institute the promised rewards for visiting.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
What do my willows have to do with your visits?
I was simply explaining that I personally no longer had any use for the +30% buff duration that the LH gives once I built willows for mana/culture.
The nerf to the CL was bad because it will discourage visits for some players, almost no one is disputing that, and certainly not I.
As for factories vs new LH, have you done any of the math? Have you tried various examples in the www.elvenarchitect.com?
I've done a little, and from what I've tested,even the new LH still gives more goods per square in many cases depending on its level and all other variables (best pop/culture/ws available, culture bonus, relic boosts etc)

Well Soggy, everyone wants your willows (hehehe)