• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

CULTURE!

Valtitude

It helps to have neighbors who drop by and polish your culture buildings every other day or so. Return the favor for them, too.

DeletedUser688

@femaiden The higher your baseline culture requirement is, the higher the requirements get for each tier of bonus. Except, the bonus tiers jump up in large steps, resulting in:

Stick to design basics here:
  • Maximize your use of culture buildings with the highest culture per square. (Use less space for the same bonus.)
  • Place them along the perimeter of your city. (Smaller planning area equals fewer/shorter roads.)
  • Consider that the relative benefit of 150% vs. 125% is +20%, whereas 160% vs. 150% gives +6.67% and 170% vs. 160% is +6.25%. Judge your production/culture tradeoffs accordingly.
i think you are not understanding my comment. I know how to stay 170% above te baseline.
what confuses me is how they calculate the baseline.

like today, my baseline to maintain 170% said i need "1100".
i did 2 upgrades, on residences to go from rank 3 to 4.
the baseline was still "1100".
i have 1400 so i am well above it.

then i did a couple of workshop upgrades.
i also placed 3 more planks producing buildings.

my culture dropped to 1380 which is still more than enough..

but suddenly the baseline jumped to 1200 and i don't know why.

DeletedUser

I did say. Your 100% baseline goes up smoothly, precisely following the numbers needed for each of your buildings. The threshold for each bonus goes up in leaps and bounds, i.e. from 1100 to 1200. It's anyone's guess (short of some serious data collection) as to exactly how the thresholds relate to baseline and when and how much they get rounded.