• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion- A Gateway into the Past

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Lets face it, the fact that buy KP...... Never Resets ..... is the problem.
You see, the reason Buy KP never resets, is the fact InnoGames wants
to control the progression speed of thier players, even tho the vast
majority of ppl that play a game like this are casual gamers that don't
have any desire to speed up thier gameplay/progression.
Iv thought about similar things in the past. I just never thought there was a chance of inno doing this. We cant even get them to do the more logical adjustments....
But i have randomly thought about a similar solution like that. Tho i never played the idea to far out. I think i got as far as making the 'kp price reset' only once or twice a year AND let it be chapter base. That should help with the buy kp issue. And it gives inno great control over it. Because you can determine the max amount of gold players can hold per chapter (max main hall lvl) and plan accordingly. And only once or twice a year would let it be enough (i think) to help with the buy kp quests, but not so often that it would be heavily abused...

But that was as far as i got on thinking about that. I had bigger things to complain about. (For the greater good of elvenar, i might add!)

BrinDarby

Can't you just get a prepaid visa and use that?
and it has to be registered, so data collected,
and that usually is thru a website, not-secure......

a simple giftcard, once activated, is annonymous
especially if bought with cashola.... hell, make it
reloadable ( hint hint ), but still annonymous....

elvenbee

I am tech savey-less! Can't you just get a prepaid visa and use that?
the pre-paid visa gift cards have like a $7-$8 upfront fee you have to pay to activate it.. there are websites that provide a virtual credit card number to hide your actual information, some banks also offer a virtual card feature (like Capital One) though

elvenbee

and it has to be registered, so data collected,
and that usually is thru a website, not-secure......

a simple giftcard, once activated, is annonymous
especially if bought with cashola.... hell, make it
reloadable ( hint hint ), but still annonymous....
That's actually not true. You can buy a prepaid visa gift card at the grocery store with cash and have it be anonymous. It just has a $7-$8 upfront fee to activate and use it.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
the pre-paid visa gift cards have like a $7-$8 upfront fee you have to pay to activate it.
man.. what a society we have today... basically selling you money.. or potentially more accurate; you have money but are unable to use it so they sell you a way to use your money....

elvenbee

man.. what a society we have today... basically selling you money.. or potentially more accurate; you have money but are unable to use it so they sell you a way to use your money....
It's been that way since I was a kid, so at least 19 years...? (yes, I turn 30 next year, I'm a youngin) My dad would send them as presents to my cousins which is why I know this lol

Dhurrin

Showing exactly why im starting to hate inno...
Proof that not only CAN they add reasonable alternatives to problematic quests.. but they have, and still do... they just add more of the problematic quests anyway!!!!

View attachment 16616

^Here you can see the problematic quest of involving world map encounters. Something that is limited to some players; ppl over scouted, ppl over scouted and needing special goods they cant make yet; ppl at end of game; ppl taking 2-5 day scouting times... etc

You can see some legit options for reworking this quest.
#6 solve encounters (world map, tourney, spire - (Probably the best imo)
#18 solve world map encounter OR produce t1 3h
#28 solve world map encounters OR recruit units
#22 solve world map encounters OR trade with wholesaler

But then we still see the bs 'or' option as well.
solve world map encounter by fighting OR solve world map by negotiating
A bs or option because if a player doesnt have world map encounters available, then the OR is completely useless!
At least its down to only three quests (that i saw at first glance) this time. But thats 14 world map encounters. So thats 2-3 provinces for a player that might not have them available. So i consider that a FAIL by inno. More so since htey did it on purpose.

View attachment 16617

(I didnt bother copying every instance of an alternative on this one. It gets time consuming. But i included one of each alternative i saw at first glance. Did include all the mandatory 'buy' that i saw tho.)

^Here we see the good ol 'buy kp' again. A highly annoying quest to some; those parked, those at end of game; or otherwise unable to advance. Since the kp cost doesnt reset (like the wholesaler) it can become out of control if you're unable to advance atm. - I will add, im not advocating for the complete removal of the quest, merely the addition of a legit OR option for those that have a problem with this quest.

But we see some possible alternatives to a mandatory buy kp.
#6 Spend x kp
#7 insert x kp into aw
#29 Buy kp OR collect witch points

But despite those alternatives, there is still a bunch of mandatory buy kp quests. Six quests so far, totaling 114 kp that are mandatory to buy in order to continue the quests in the events. - Last event was between 100-200 as well (i forget the exact number off the top of my head.) - Considering these back to back never ending events, this adds up very quickly. But once again, they add alternitives to the quest list, but still shove those problematic quests in our faces. So again, an inno FAIL imo. There is no downside to adding legit OR options to these quests. Zero. But not adding them just serves to anger the player base. So with that being true, and inno chosing the option to anger the player base.. its no wonder so many ppl leave this game..

Look at it from the perspective of a beginning player: no tourney, no spire, so you ONLY have the 'choice' of doing map-encounters. PLUS having to do those for the 'gain x relics quests'.
And then get stuck for being overscouted.

BrinDarby

That's actually not true. You can buy a prepaid visa gift card at the grocery store with cash and have it be anonymous. It just has a $7-$8 upfront fee to activate and use it.
The Patriot Act after 9-11 changed things..... all online purchases
with any credit card backed gift card like Visa/MC, the card must
be registered to you, not annonymous....

No way am I paying 10+7, so 17$, for a 10$ purchase.

Sprite1313

Question about the Solunar Nexus

The announcement someone copt/pasted to my FS said it produses
"Mana, seeds, and Unurium"
Should that "and" be an "or"?
Does it produce all at once or do you select what you are producing?

I gotta tell you, if it is "and" this could be my favorite event building since the fire chicken.
In chapter 21 it gives 90K mana and 22K unurium, plus two KP and a 10 min timer. And the LoGN mana boost works on it. I am definitely looking forward to this building.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Quests 13 & 38 have been chnged from Fight & Win  or Negotiate Province Encounters to other options
13 is Neg or Gain 2 Combine Catalysts
38 is Recruit 3 Squad or Negotiate...
@Dominionofgod

MagicPagan

In chapter 21 it gives 90K mana and 22K unurium, plus two KP and a 10 min timer. And the LoGN mana boost works on it. I am definitely looking forward to this building.
Where is the information about what the building gives in which chapters at what levels? elvenarchitect doesn't have it.