• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Does the game crash on you?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
NVIDEA releases updates every few weeks or so. Other graphics card manufactures do as well. This not to enhance your current cards performance but to simply maintain the performance level that it's initially intended to.

I've noticed that sometimes it says update enhances 3D graphics but since I'm not all that on action games IDK if that is the case. I'm just glad I don't have any problems in what I do like :D

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Because it has nothing to do with my hardware(or yours) flash just blows.:(

You can compare our cards here:
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980M-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/m15596vs3639

That's OK. I just wondered if that had something to do with problems vs not problems. I let my son do all the tech stuff. He's the expert on tech not me :D I just asked him what he thought about a couple of gaming machines and at the time he said this one would be his pick. I bought it. I'm still hearing about me being nuts buying this for mostly city builder games and Excel. :rolleyes::rolleyes: LOL!

SunsetDanar

I don't get it :confused: I'm guessing my GeForce GTX980M that came with my laptop is older than yours since my laptop is probably pushing 3 years old and was theoretically the best at the time. So why would you get crashes when I don't? Not being smart! Really curious

Shockwave crashes generally occur, if they are going to, during world visits at somewhere around visit number 100 or so. An efficient graphics card is not a cure for crashes considering the fallibility of flash games but it can help to delay them...Perhaps even to the point that one may think that they have been avoided.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Shockwave crashes generally occur, if they are going to, during world visits at somewhere around visit number 100 or so. An efficient graphics card is not a cure for crashes considering the fallibility of flash games but it can help to delay them...Perhaps even to the point that one may think that they have been avoided.

That probably makes sense. I do world visits on my iPhone. I have 250+ to visit to do but I do them 1/2 & 1/2. I do the first half and take a short break because I don't like that my iPhone starts getting warm. I don't remember any crashing before mobile came out and I think I would since that is annoying.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
From that site...
"Adobe Flash Player" and "Shockwave Flash" are the same thing - the latter is the technical term of the plugin that adobe kept for compatibility reasons after it acquired the technology from another company Macromedia....
Not quite. Macromedia never called "Flash" Shockwave. Adobe didn't "keep" it, they invented it, when they decided to increase the market for several unrelated products by rolling them into Macromedia Studio and calling it "Shockwave Studio." The name "Shockwave Flash" never existed until Adobe invented it.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
My husband's niece said her game was not working since the Windows update. She only has Edge browser on her laptop. I tried it for her. On my laptop I have no problem at all using Chrome. Logged on to her city using Edge and cannot get it to work. Cannot set up productions or workshops plus it is really jerky. It doesn't matter how many times I tried refresh.