• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Donating Goods

• Thread starter DeletedUser1173
  • Start date

DeletedUser1173

My fellowship and I would truly love to have the option of simply donating goods rather than trading to help each other out. Simply between Fellowship members only. It could be implemented in the drop down menu when you get the Send Message and Visit options.

DeletedUser61

The trades are limited to 4:1 through 1:4 Like Value in order to keep push accounts from ruining the game.

Your intentions may be entirely honorable, but the same capability could be abused by creating multiple accounts that just push goods into a single city.

DeletedUser1173

I'm sorry your experience with the game has led you to be so cynical. For players like those in my fellowship and others in the A world here that I've come across, there's players who just want to play the game, and sometimes a simple donation of 100 marble or whatever would be extremely helpful, but they don't have the steel or planks to trade for.
And if you don't like my arguments on why this would still be a good idea for those of us -- the majority -- that want a better time playing the game, I say to your ungraceful, impolite "Please get out of my face" -- Don't like what I have to say, nor my suggestion; get off my thread, because I don't see an admin title that gives you the right to shoot down my good idea.

DeletedUser1173

According to you, why not allow the developers to make their own decisions? I think it's a good idea to get fellowships more tight knit, show camaraderie, and maybe even allow for a bit of competition down the line of top fellowships. It allows for the addition of more dynamics to the game rather than simply building your cities. Since you are not a developer I find your arguments invalid.

DeletedUser43

I agree this would be a nice feature. It isn't as if it isn't possible to give goods now, it is just slow and laborious. You can trade 4:1 for goods, then trade them back again again and again, until one person has gotten goods for free. Also, this game doesn't really lend itself to pushing, so all this would do is make this game friendlier and more inclusive. I like the idea.

Regarding "pushing", here is what a forum moderator said on the subject a while back:

The fundamental concern is that someone could unbalance the game by pushing items in one direction, if they were using slave accounts in a very one-sided scheme, but Elvenar isn't really vulnerable to that sort of abuse anyway. A nice assortment of boosts and some 4:1 trades is about the most "damage" that anybody could do, and even then they'd probably end up with boosted trades going both directions.

I suppose that changes a bit if you can give goods back and forth, but as I said, you can do that anyway with a bunch of trades back and forth, so why not make it easy instead of tedious.

DeletedUser627

I'm sorry your experience with the game has led you to be so cynical. For players like those in my fellowship and others in the A world here that I've come across, there's players who just want to play the game, and sometimes a simple donation of 100 marble or whatever would be extremely helpful, but they don't have the steel or planks to trade for.
And if you don't like my arguments on why this would still be a good idea for those of us -- the majority -- that want a better time playing the game, I say to your ungraceful, impolite "Please get out of my face" -- Don't like what I have to say, nor my suggestion; get off my thread, because I don't see an admin title that gives you the right to shoot down my good idea.

Very glad to hear your suggestion JAshley. Mid-level play has bogged down so much that there's often a need to give players a helping hand. For example, I started a new city on the latest world...only to drop it when the game bumped my quests up to a level 25o KP above anything I could possible complete. I was in the top 20 there and quit, because who wants to play a discouraging game?

Donations could always come with an auto limit. We should be able to donate goods, coins, supplies, etc.

And on the topic of discouraging, please pay no mind to Kat. He's our resident supercilious ...well, I'm probably not supposed to call names here. Delighted to see you caught on quickly.

DeletedUser43

I was just thinking of way to make this game more fun and it involves using your suggestion JAshley. I wanted to have a little intrafellowship contest and give away some gems as a prize. I can still do it with trades back and forth, but it would be so much easier if I could just give away 100 gems or something.

I would love to see this idea implemented!

DeletedUser1173

Thank you Bobby! I was actually discussing that very thing with my fellowship as well. Friendly contests such as most aid given in the week, furthest grown city (The one who gained most points) to help encourage them to stay active and such. And rewards like you mentioned are perfect for that sort of thing, and donating supplies and coins would be fantastic as well! I can't believe I didn't actually think about that.

And Bobbipiazza -- I completely agree. And upgrading your residences to that last one -- level 15 -- it REALLY difficult when you don't have ROOM to place the factories needed. I can't imagine not being a paying player!

DeletedUser511

My fellowship and I would truly love to have the option of simply donating goods rather than trading to help each other out. Simply between Fellowship members only. It could be implemented in the drop down menu when you get the Send Message and Visit options.

I am sick of people wanting a easier way to get people going. I worked hard to get where I am and the thought of someone wanting to give goods away is crap. It would be so abused and this game would turn to junk.

DeletedUser1173

Really? So because you're a selfish player you think it's a bad idea to help others out? I think it's honorable for someone to be able to donate goods to fellowship members to help them out. The fact you think it would be abused it laughable. You're able to donate in Inno game's other ones like Grepolis and Tribal Wars 2 and I think they are great features. Those games aren't junk.

DeletedUser

We have done with new members in our group we call a leg up trade, where you give them more goods in the trade like 100 marble for 50 planks. Just till they reach a certain level, but to give 100marble for 0 planks really isn't fair, People need to learn to build their cities like we all have and do fair trades. Most we have offered the leg up trade said they'd rather do fair trade, they felt they were taking advantage of us. I have so much elixir sometimes I wish I could give some away lol. Sometimes I do a super deal when I have too much of something, which is a 3 star trade, those are just as fair. So some might like the idea of giving goods away and some would rather earn their goods the fair way. Always pro & cons for any idea.

DeletedUser

It seems like some people do not understand the ways of the Fae methinks. If you offer a thank you then that is a debt you owe a debt to the person your thanking. If you give to another, then there is a debt owing you.
With the Fae honor does go in hand with war and life. If there is one thing I am going to offer to the game-masters is the thought of creating the courts as well.
One thing, that I offer is be careful what you wish fore.
Nameste

DeletedUser

What is Fae? This is Elvenar, best to go by the rules of this game. I've seen wonderful additions to this game. Thank You Team Elvenar. :D

DeletedUser

What is Fae? This is Elvenar, best to go by the rules of this game. I've seen wonderful additions to this game. Thank You Team Elvenar. :D
Um, me thinks you have no concept beyond playing a game Turiel.

If you read the following of the Fae,, elves and humans then you might have a better understanding of....

When you first came to this game to play you could choose human or elf as your character so this is course 101 basic of the FAE

http://lostgirl.wikia.com/wiki/Fae

DeletedUser43

I am sick of people wanting a easier way to get people going.

It is good to have something in your life you can get really upset about.

If you offer a thank you then that is a debt you owe a debt to the person your thanking. If you give to another, then there is a debt owing you.

Yes, that is a very strange concept to me indeed. It seems harsh and cold and cruel.

We think very differently in our friendly fellowship. We help each other. EACH other. All of us need help sometimes. Even the top players in this game have times when we need something. Also, those on the lower rungs who we help then run out and help others. The only "debt" incurred is a debt to pay the kindness forward. Maybe that is why we do so well as a group and individually? I know our fellowship is very happy. We have hardly any turnover. We have parties all the time. We celebrate each others' successes. Being nice has its own rewards.

Not to mention, it is ok to have more than one account. : https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/its-hard-to-understand-you-inno.3290/#post-26659

I may be nuts, but I would think that giving other players diamonds would be a good way for Inno to make more diamond sales, wouldn't it? Especially at this time of year.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Funny , Vanisle, No I never read about Fae, that's why I asked what it was. Thanks for the link, pretty cool. Now sticking to this game.. LOL To make this game rewarding is for people to challenge themselves by completing Quest, Tech Tree, and building their city. That was my point, although it sounds fine to help others by just giving them stuff for free. Most would rather earn what they have instead of the easy button :D There's a lot of pros and cons on this idea of just giving stuff away for free, where's the challenge in that.. Helping by giving a 3 star trade is better than just free. Me thinks we get free stuff all the time by the rewards for completing Quest. Although I would love to see us get free Diamonds as rewards too. I do remember reading that Diamonds were rare in the game but haven't seen any since I started the game, except for buying them . Inno Games could show their appreciation in that manner to their loyal players. :D

Last edited by a moderator: