• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Don't like Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser15476

that's all. Don't like em. Not well explained for newbies. Spend time producing for badges then someone else posts and gets it. Hard to find the list of what is needed for each badge. Get nowhere fast.

Anyway, not liking liking it. At all. This is the first bit of the game that I don't like.

Pouting here ;-)

PS no response needed.

juniperknome

it takes planning to do well and just hold on to the badges you get credit for the stage with 1 badge. I did 82 badges day 1 and only played about 20 so I know the feeling

juniperknome

small alliance probably have an advantage because they are not fighting for room it was just dumb luck this came up when I was between orcs and woodelves 1 week either way and it would be a no go

StarLoad

I was with you on the first part, but tournaments absolutely benefit small fellowships. The first round or two of tournaments is basically free relics/KP/spells for folks who might not be able to otherwise get them.
Sure the first two or three Chests are easy to get with even just a couple participants, its from chest Four and up that become an issue and where do all the good prizes start to add up, looks to me at Four or Five? Oh and a blueprint, lol not even in the dreams. So the benefit is to the larger and stronger Fellowships that can get 6+ chests every week.

And the cost of the FREE relics/KP/Spells is either troops you raise or goods you cater and both are items you pay for. I get its a boon for some to get something free, but the real cost to get 1 KP is generally more than just using your Boosted T1 Good to buy it?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
And the cost of the FREE relics/KP/Spells is either troops you raise or goods you cater and both are items you pay for. I get its a boon for some to get something free, but the real cost to get 1 KP is generally more than just using your Boosted T1 Good to buy it?
This is true very early, but if you start buying KP with boosted goods, within a few months the tournament becomes cheaper per KP, especially if you use troops.
I get 50%+ of my KP from the tournament, and even if I was in a FS all by myself, I'd still do a lot in the tournament and get close to 100 KP from it.

Also, it isn't really about "strong" FS if you mean "advanced". We have players in the early chapters that get 1600 points, so all you actually need is 25 players with a decent level of activity who can see the personal benefits from focusing on them to reach 10 chests.

I'll grant you that finding 24 other players who are willing to do the tournament 5 days a week isn't easy, but if there are FS out there looking for you. On Winyandor my 10 chest FS has been short 1-3 players for weeks (and still got 9-10 chests)

DeletedUser17094

According to the information "only Ambassador or higher can unlock OR COLLECT rewards". If this is true, then I have to agree that the adventure is a total waste of time. Hope this is not the case.

DeletedUser9601

According to the information "only Ambassador or higher can unlock OR COLLECT rewards". If this is true, then I have to agree that the adventure is a total waste of time. Hope this is not the case.
That's not what they mean. Everyone in the FS gets the rewards. Only the Ambassador+ can click the final button that sends the rewards out. It just makes sure that people don't accidentally claim prizes too early.

StarLoad

This is true very early, but if you start buying KP with boosted goods, within a few months the tournament becomes cheaper per KP, especially if you use troops.
I get 50%+ of my KP from the tournament, and even if I was in a FS all by myself, I'd still do a lot in the tournament and get close to 100 KP from it.

Also, it isn't really about "strong" FS if you mean "advanced". We have players in the early chapters that get 1600 points, so all you actually need is 25 players with a decent level of activity who can see the personal benefits from focusing on them to reach 10 chests.

I'll grant you that finding 24 other players who are willing to do the tournament 5 days a week isn't easy, but if there are FS out there looking for you. On Winyandor my 10 chest FS has been short 1-3 players for weeks (and still got 9-10 chests)
TY Soggy,
You are correct that Advanced is a better description, but how many Fellowships have 25 players with a decent level ... I know I hear the same answers, but if you have a fellowship of 12 to 18 and four or five are not very active, then you have limits on what is possible.

Also, why is it that everyone starts of with get a new Fellowship ... I am happy with the players in my fellowship.

DeletedUser9601

TY Soggy,
You are correct that Advanced is a better description, but how many Fellowships have 25 players with a decent level ... I know I hear the same answers, but if you have a fellowship of 12 to 18 and four or five are not very active, then you have limits on what is possible.
The advanced, 25-person FS is going to get better tournament prizes than the FS of me and 3 of my friends. But that doesn't make the tournament bad for my FS.

Once you get to Ch 4 or 5, you can just auto-fight a few squads to clear say 3 provinces to 4 stars. That might take maybe 10K or 20K supplies. So you turn 20K supplies in KP (not a great conversion rate until you start buying KP, as Soggy mentions), relics (which are otherwise in limited supplies), broken shards (can't get them elsewhere), spells (which you can't cook without relics), and runes (which require you to clear provinces - again limited supply).

And that doesn't even touch on using tournaments to get your boost levels up to 700% (which is the best thing to possibly do for your city).

In my beginner city (currently in Ch 4), I usually do tournaments with auto-fight (no catering) until I lose 2 fights in a row (I'll usually tweak battle comp if I lose). So usually I get 6 provinces to Stage 1, 4-5 provinces to stage 2, 4 to stage 3, etc. etc. And all that costs me is supplies.

StarLoad

Tedious and Soggy you are both wise and correct, the ideal goal is to get an advanced and active Fellowship, and Yes I and my mages are actively looking for possible matches or unattached players.
Notwithstanding your expertise the realities of the game mechanics and the ability to get players to see that even completing one tile in a tournament gets them the bounty of everyones work, not an easy thing to get across.

bkbajb

Tedious and Soggy you are both wise and correct, the ideal goal is to get an advanced and active Fellowship, and Yes I and my mages are actively looking for possible matches or unattached players.
Notwithstanding your expertise the realities of the game mechanics and the ability to get players to see that even completing one tile in a tournament gets them the bounty of everyones work, not an easy thing to get across.

You make a good point about the bounty but players have to understand that their are personal rewards in the tournament that help them grow. New players may not be able to get a lot but every little bit helps them grow

DeletedUser5800

not a fan and for a small fellowship it seems to be a waste
I think you mean for ANY Fellowship. :p
All they've done is taken the metric from 1,000 other failed platform games and turned it into a mini-game in hopes of getting a credit card war going between a handful of FS. I have and will continue to advise anyone of any size to ignore it. I think about quitting this game every time they happen and just keep telling myself it will be gone soon, it will be gone soon... Oh how I despise them.

kctanzen

Even before the change in KP awards in the tourney chests .. I was and still get upwards of 70 KP in my bar, so I can spend that on research or wonders, plus the relics / runes / spells along the way from tournaments -- simply by focusing on getting through round 2 of the first 2 pages I have available. Then I focus on as much clearing as I can / want to do on the first page where the costs and fighting difficulty meshes with my perceived risk / reward benefits. That is a *lot* of additional resources for my city, which makes the game more entertaining for me, and helps out my group as a whole because my city continues to progress and get better at doing what I like to do .. make stuff and trade :)

I am not a fan of the FA -- the communication and organization tools available in game are not up to the task.
I think it is unreasonable to expect reliance on an additional out of game tool (website / shared documents / FB page etc) for a group of folks who aren't necessarily in the same time zone / continent / play schedules.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I thought this was supposed to be about the FA not the tourny
To get back to Opie
You produced badges you didn't get to play
Okay
So maybe they'll be needed in the next round
And if not, it may be a slight annoyance but you haven't really lost anything
The way FA tasks are now, it is all about producing supplies and goods.
If you don't use the badge, or your FS does not complete the map, you still have the supplies and goods.
The main thing to take away from this is that the FA is all about team coordination.
Maybe your FS won't do so good this time, but you'll know more for next time

Also

That's not what they mean. Everyone in the FS gets the rewards.

Correction: Everyone in the FS THAT PARTICIPATES gets the rewards

DeletedUser3468

I'm not a total fan of the FA. It really depends on the Fellowship and how well everyone communicates, how well they cooperate with each other member and if they're stressing doing it for the fun of working together or for how quickly they finish. The one Fellowship where I'm actually having fun with it is the one where we communicate well and are doing it for fun. We aren't even going to bother with the third map, just fill in as many of the second as we can. We're currently 15th in our world.
The one where I'm least enjoying the experience is one where the communication is poor, people are getting yelled at for putting badges on the wrong path (even though no one had actually bothered to clearly say which path to take despite being asked repeatedly) and when this FA is done, I'm very likely to be leaving them. Nope, I wasn't yelled at, but was one of the ones asking and not receiving clarification.
The main reason I'm not a fan of the FA is the scrolling... the magic badges are a secondary reason - let us just use a spell not make or gain one! I have hundreds of PoP spells! I don't need more! The overly large number of long term (24 & 48 hour) badges is the third strike. I will continue to the end of this one but will not be eager to do another unless changes are made for the better.