• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Draft Cauldron Guide

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I thought it would be great to help @muffy. with Cauldron guide as there's a lot to it. We could break it up into sections to make it easier:
  • Basic functionality aka "no excuses" guide - simple easy explanation of basic functionality
  • Full functionality aka I want to know everything guide - thorough explanation of all functions
  • Minimum effort aka I don't care much guide - one ingredient recipes to get to Study Phase to dump excess coins, supplies etc
  • Study focus aka Let's do it right guide - one ingredient recipes and focus on improving the most important effects to us first
  • Premade recipes aka Just give it to me guide - list of premade recipes that can be used over and over (thank you @Katwick for your efforts)
  • Manual recipes aka I can do this without any tools guide - explanation how to read Brewing Screen to choose the best ingredients to get our preferred effects
  • Spreadsheet for recipes aka I want to play more guide - how to use a spreadsheet that calculates things for us
  • Solver Add-on aka I want this perfect - how to get the best available recipe and get two or more preferred effects
If you have already done some work, please post a link so we keep it all in one place.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
We could even call it
Cauldrons 101
While I truly appreciate the work that has gone into that thread and think it is essential to an in-depth understanding of the cauldron - I only understand about 1% of what's written there. There's absolutely no way I can go from that thread to using the cauldron. It might as well be Calculus 101 (and I had the good sense to drop that less than 2 weeks into it!). I truly need the mechanics explained to me as if I am a 5 year old.
I never understood more than a small percentage of what MinMax did for us on the Spire/tourney formula. I was lucky enough to be around for the crowd-sourcing of data for that. That took quite awhile and I followed along with everyone's questions/answers and gained confidence in the formula from that process.
I've seen enough of your work to know that you also possess one of those amazing 'math' brains. I'm confident in the work you've done on the cauldron. I just don't understand it enough to apply it, lol!

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
While I truly appreciate the work that has gone into that thread and think it is essential to an in-depth understanding of the cauldron - I only understand about 1% of what's written there. There's absolutely no way I can go from that thread to using the cauldron. It might as well be Calculus 101 (and I had the good sense to drop that less than 2 weeks into it!). I truly need the mechanics explained to me as if I am a 5 year old.
I never understood more than a small percentage of what MinMax did for us on the Spire/tourney formula. I was lucky enough to be around for the crowd-sourcing of data for that. That took quite awhile and I followed along with everyone's questions/answers and gained confidence in the formula from that process.
I've seen enough of your work to know that you also possess one of those amazing 'math' brains. I'm confident in the work you've done on the cauldron. I just don't understand it enough to apply it, lol!

There will be different guides for different players' needs depending on what you prefer or is suited to your playing style. It's all up to you which one you'll choose.

Stay tuned, things are brewing! ;):eek::D:cool: