• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Early Thoughts on the New Chest System

DeletedUser1349

No offense meant to FoE but this is not FoE

Perhaps you should reread my posts for understanding and content. I am telling you that Inno is turning Elvenar into FoE and that is a good thing!

I started playing Elvenar from the very start of its life when it was advertised in Inno's The West as their new soon-to-be-released game. Guess what the very first addition to this game was? Yep, wonders from FoE.

I quit Elvenar and started FoE when Battle Redesign drove many of us away. I gave Inno some time to get it correct and am now back to relab the game from the very beginning to see how they did. I am very happy to admit that they did eventually fix battle redesign, or more properly it works just fine from the beginning if you have done your homework.

PS ~ To rub it in just a bit more. Our tournaments here came from FoE's Guild Exploration and are both weekly.

Basically, Elvenar is FoE w/o the PvP and with a twist.

I am a life-long city-builder. There are two types city-builder, Wargamers and Pretty Peaceful Builders who do not want their cities attacked EVER. The first city-builders would have a military and economic pathway, the PPBs would ignore the military pathway. Elvenar is Inno's game for them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I am definitely one of those who want to reach through the computer screen and smack the "FoE is sooooo great" bunch. This isn't FoE's forum!!! You could not pay me to play FoE or any other game with plunderers! Besides, guess what? Everything in FoE or Elvinar is not original. They have their own take on a lot of features that are/were in other games besides some original concepts, I'm sure. Since this conversation is supposed to be about the new chest system I will use that. Zynga had a very similar prize system that randomly gave away premium items in Castleville a few years back. I remember because it ticked me off since I had bought some of the prizes. Frankly, I liked Castleville more than FoE. Would it be appropriate for me to get on Elvenar's forum and go on at every opportunity that reminds me of something in that game? Absolutely not!! It is just plain RUDE! Please get a clue! There is a time & place for everything and this is not the place to constantly discuss FoE :mad:

Adding: Using Castleville as example because the game is gone

hvariidh gwendrot

in FoE do they have set buildings where all of them can link to each other and get full boosts ? hahaha but anyway it would be nice if the sets could be made with an extra bump or square so instead of 2 getting this and 1 getting that or 3 getting this and etc you could have them all touch each other and have full boosts for all :cool:

DeletedUser1349

in FoE do they have set buildings where all of them can link to each other and get full boosts ? hahaha but anyway it would be nice if the sets could be made with an extra bump or square so instead of 2 getting this and 1 getting that or 3 getting this and etc you could have them all touch each other and have full boosts for all :cool:
LOL, you haven't figured it out yet that Inno wants you to get two of certain set buildings to get the full effect and spend diamonds to do it along with more diamonds for an extra expansion to have room for it all? This is the very same Inno from FoE!

Why do you think two of the set buildings come from dailies?

DeletedUser15025

Daily prizes are impossible to get this time. I spent almost 1300 tickets today and did not get the daily.. I tried to place the 30 AW KP instant I won on my ruins and there was an error, after the refresh it was not in my inventory or on my ruins...I am enjoying the amount of AW KP in this event!!

DeletedUser5013

Daily prizes are impossible to get this time. I spent almost 1300 tickets today and did not get the daily.. I tried to place the 30 AW KP instant I won on my ruins and there was an error, after the refresh it was not in my inventory or on my ruins...I am enjoying the amount of AW KP in this event!!

Wait...that message has nothing to do with how awesome FoE is, or how lame FoE is. Have you not read the last 2 pages of this thread???

Just kidding! Sorry that lady luck was against you today. According to @ET-inf3rno all you really needed was a slide rule, an abacus, a graphing calculator, and a PHD's knowledge of quantum physics to figure out the odds of each chest, beat the odds like a piñata and win dozens of daily prizes!:rolleyes:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Is anyone else reading this title as "EVIL thoughts on the chest system"?

The first few times I read this title, I read it right. Now my mind changes it to evil instead of early.

On a rare occasion a black box appears labeled Pandora's Box. Upon opening it, the next five sequential quests are replaced with the following:

1. Produce 1337 beverages
2. Train 13 squads of troops
3. Complete 3 provinces
4. Gain 6 enchantments, 6 rune shards, and 6 relics
5. Upgrade 40 buildings to level 4 or higher.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I spent my tickets in my main city today for the mana hut. Here's what happened: Started with 3586 tickets; won 30 tickets, so a total of 3616 tickets. I have 5 tickets left. I won 70 instants and 9 mana huts. That seems pretty good to me; about 400 tickets per hut.
What seems off is the goo. I won the 1st GP and have 71 goo towards the 2nd GP o_O
Doesn't matter to me in terms of the GP's; I don't care if I get them. I didn't care if I got them in the Phoenix event this spring (they're still in my inventory) and I got the 1st and 2nd GP. In that one, I opened the small chest only, got 2 Spring Flower Cages and 7 Burning Pools. Since we're only halfway through the event, I suppose it's possible I'll get the 2nd one, we'll see. I've not been rushing the sequential quest line, but I am on #88 right now, so only a few of those left. Will save all tickets for the last day and go for the Mystical Lake, so it will be the end of the event when I see if it's enough for the 2nd GP...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
What seems off is the goo.
Doing all quests and collecting some tickets gives
3,178+580=3,758
24 tickets appear in your city each day, mostly 2s, and you probably miss a couple due to sleep, so call it 60 per day for 29 days

Looking here(link) it seems like the average is 10 tickets per goo.
You need 200+300+400=900 goo for the 3rd GP
Assuming 100% double days, it's still 4500 tickets

If someone wants the 3rd GP, I think they need to be a very good collector, and spend no more than 1,000 tickets on non-double days.

Anecdotally, I have 2000 tickets left, with ~900 more incoming which should get me 290 more goo putting me ~40 goo into GP 3

DeletedUser7510

Looking here(link) it seems like the average is 10 tickets per goo.
You need 200+300+400=900 goo for the 3rd GP
Assuming 100% double days, it's still 4500 tickets

If someone wants the 3rd GP, I think they need to be a very good collector, and spend no more than 1,000 tickets on non-double days.

I would think that another important point would be to choose the small charming chest when available (~34% of the time by my possibly flawed math). There is some luck involved - both in getting it as an option and with winning either of the ticket options. But assuming non-horrible luck, it will have a significantly lower ticket/goo ratio on average.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I would think that another important point would be to choose the small charming chest when available (~34% of the time by my possibly flawed math). There is some luck involved - both in getting it as an option and with winning either of the ticket options. But assuming non-horrible luck, it will have a significantly lower ticket/goo ratio on average.
This is true. Assuming that you get the 68 option 1/3 of the time it should reduce the average ticket per goo cost from 10 to 8.
Still not going to be easy to get 3rd GP +mosh pit& dancing grounds. A little bit of bad luck on the 2 dailies needed for the set and you are hooped.

DeletedUser12430

First Post on the forum.....

Initially I did not like the new chest system, but as I continued to play, I played realizing that I was not going to win all 3 grand Prizes and I think that helped. Some of the older events that I participated in, I focused on trying to win all 3, but as most are already saying, the 3 grand prizes in this event, are not as appealing as the daily prizes. I managed to get most of the daily prizes that I wanted. With that being said, I tried the chest's that offered a chance at winning tickets, I got 150 tickets several times, and 30 tickets even more. I also tried the ones that offered time reducers. I think this event required way more scouting than any I can think of to date. My scouts are well over 30+ hours, so I was not so sad when I received any kind of time reducers, they all helped significantly reduce my scouting time.
All said, I am not a huge fan of the new chest system, I think that it is unrealistic to win all 3 Grand Prizes and even a majority of daily prizes that are desired. I agree that it would be nice to have a "refresh" spin available, I would probably spend 5-10 tickets, coins or whatever, to to get a different set...but just like the carnival, I don't see a re spin landing in my favor...lol.
I think that things are changing....I saw this when my saw mill from Eldrasil's ascending stopped producing coins and started producing 3rd tier goods, then there was the grand "re balancing" act that caused us all to loose a ton of population as well as culture. I'm just not seeing daily prizes or grand prizes for that matter that offer as much culture and Population as was offered earlier on in the game. I guess what I am trying to say is that I think Inno has decided to lower the worth as well as the availability of the prizes that they offer.
One thing I did see that is positive is the foot print of the prizes. This set of prizes has been (in my opinion) the smallest by far making them much easier to place.

Marc aka Candacefey

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm really torn on what to think in this event. I do want the set and almost all the prizes that go with it. I've gotten them all so far. BUT I'm looking at the grand prizes and I am not making enough progress being only 1/2 way through 2nd one. In essence that means that compared to past events I am having much better luck getting the prizes I want. Interesting trade off :rolleyes: I'm thinking that is a nice improvement for those not really wanting the grand prizes but it has me worried about getting the stage. At least now that we are in the middle of the event I am pretty indifferent to the slot machine aspect. It doesn't seem to make much difference and does add being able to have different alternatives to decide which to pick. I'm thinking it makes the event a little more interesting.