• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Quest calibration

• Thread starter Deleted User - 312108
  • Start date

What changes would you like to see to the Event quests

• Lyleth you are insane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go back to the old sequential & daily quest format, I want to be able to plan

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • I like the new format and do not want any changes

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I like the new format but want some option to decline/skip quests

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I like the idea of endless quests, but want more variety and a better valuation based on effort

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Other - see response

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser16929

While it's possible that because so few participate here, we stick out (for better or worse), and more fun, meaningful (in a sense), discussion takes place due to that, I hope you do continue to light up our sky. : )
i appreciate your comments a great deal! :)
i am orbiting high above the Earths mantle.............................................................................................. sputnik9009

DeletedUser16929

I hope you stay Sputnik, but I understand. I left for four years, I may leave again eventually due to frustration.

I did change it to multi-vote so you can tell me I am insane. Right now, 50/50 with the go back to the old format and give me a better variety/valuation (aka this suggestion in some form) with a few saying at least give me the option to skip some these 'beep' quests because they are costing me too much time or hurting my city progress.
i agree with you whole heartedly

Black watch

Lyleth, I don't think they are going back, so I took the opportunity to vote the way I did. If they do actually look at this and base a decision on this, then you could put me gladly back in the old format.
I too liked to plan ahead, but at least I can now look back like an old fart and say, I remember when....

The Unbeliever

I like the idea of endless random quests, but as is all too common with Elvenar's dev team, the implementation of it so bad that even a bloody 6yr old could do a more intelligent job of it! >.<

Basically, my personal preference would be:
1. REMOVE OUTRIGHT ALL quests demanding CC's and/or VV's.
Why? It's too game breaking, as it requires limited resources (relics + unwanted items) to use, is out of reach to early game players (either no MA yet and/or no relics + inventory to craft), AND, is too prone to RNG-screwage in the random item line-up.

2. Cut the amount of event currencies gained in half.
Why? It's supposed to be an endless quest system! Why must we suddenly be able to obtain 8-10k event currencies within 4-5 days?
Also, by cutting the event currencies received in half, it allows for more repetition of the more 'traditional' production type quests.
The difficulty can scale by the amount of productions required, while also rewarding the more dedicated daily players being more likely to reach a fully evolved building vs. anyone who just logs in once or twice a day.

3. Add more quest types into the mix;
- 'gain troops'
- 'make visits'
- 'gain X amount of marble + steel + plank'
- gain X amount of crystal + scrolls + silk'
- 'gain X amount of elixir + dust + gems'
- 'produce X/Y/Z of each T1'
- 'gain X/Y/Z of a T1 or T2 or T3 goods'
- etc, etc...

Deleted User - 312108

I like the idea of endless random quests, but as is all too common with Elvenar's dev team, the implementation of it so bad that even a bloody 6yr old could do a more intelligent job of it! >.<

Basically, my personal preference would be:
1. REMOVE OUTRIGHT ALL quests demanding CC's and/or VV's.
Why? It's too game breaking, as it requires limited resources (relics + unwanted items) to use, is out of reach to early game players (either no MA yet and/or no relics + inventory to craft), AND, is too prone to RNG-screwage in the random item line-up.

2. Cut the amount of event currencies gained in half.
Why? It's supposed to be an endless quest system! Why must we suddenly be able to obtain 8-10k event currencies within 4-5 days?
Also, by cutting the event currencies received in half, it allows for more repetition of the more 'traditional' production type quests.
The difficulty can scale by the amount of productions required, while also rewarding the more dedicated daily players being more likely to reach a fully evolved building vs. anyone who just logs in once or twice a day.

3. Add more quest types into the mix;
- 'gain troops'
- 'make visits'
- 'gain X amount of marble + steel + plank'
- gain X amount of crystal + scrolls + silk'
- 'gain X amount of elixir + dust + gems'
- 'produce X/Y/Z of each T1'
- 'gain X/Y/Z of a T1 or T2 or T3 goods'
- etc, etc...

Good points, I would prefer no quests of produce all T1 because I am a player who focuses on boosted goods and that requires me to build the stupid non-boosted good factories which I abhor doing :) - so I could see it as an OR quest.
For #2 I'm not sure cutting it in half would be wise. I think the average player who plays twice a day should reasonably be expected to get to the 4th evolution so about 3k currency. I know some larger players spent a lot of boosts, diamonds or just space and as you mentioned already have 5k diamonds. I currently have earned between 1500 and 2k in my US cities on beta I do have 6 evolutions and 2k currency left yet. I do think quests should grant currency based on relative difficulty (time & goods & effort).
For # - I did add more quests of various types, some compound quests could be fun as well.
One of the things I have raised previously is that quests should be scaled based on chapter. So if the player is in chapter 3 they may not have any quests concerning t3 boosted and the encounter/tourney encounter quests would require less encounters than someone in chapter 6 or chapter 10.
I'm in chapter 10 and on average I do around 6 tourney provinces a day. I do more and it starts costing me a lot more in troops or catering than I really am able to sustain at this point.

The other issue with the CC, VV, Encounter and Complete Province quests is that events are not a one-time thing, you will be expected to do the same for the next event and the one after that. This may be sustainable for players in chapters 11-13. I know for me it is not. So at some point they really do become a roadblock and events are a - oh another one, hmmm, nope not worth it meh feeling vs. excitement at fun buildings to add to your city.

Palavyn

I love the new quest system and I think it's well balanced. The ONLY thing is I would like a way to skip quests, perhaps up to once per day. Here's a suggestion that I think would encourage team-work. How about once a day you can get help from another player in your Fellowship on a quest? There are a number of different ways this can be implemented; here is one example.

Each member of the fellowship has a fellowship "quest slot". If your slot is empty and you haven't put a quest in the slot for the last XX hours, you can put your current quest in your fellowship slot. Doing so would erase all progress on the quest and give you a new quest as if you had finished it. Every time any member of the fellowship finishes a quest, they can choose to do a quest from the fellowship pool or get their own new quest.

DeletedUser20951

Okay, we're well into the second week - have folks feelings changed on how the quests are balanced?
The only quests that are starting to put strain on my cities are the scouting and completing provinces ones, which I consider to be, overall, the most damaging requirement and roadblock for players across the board. My usage of "strain" is really a misnomer, too, given that I don't scout much passed the number needed to unlock the next chapter and it's more that my dislike of being prodded to scout is strong, rather than any undue hardship. Still, if there are no alternatives added to future events, it'll eventually become untenable even for someone with my playing style.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The only quests that are starting to put strain on my cities are the scouting and completing provinces ones, which I consider to be, overall, the most damaging requirement and roadblock for players across the board. My usage of "strain" is really a misnomer, too, given that I don't scout much passed the number needed to unlock the next chapter and it's more that my dislike of being prodded to scout is strong, rather than any undue hardship. Still, if there are no alternatives added to future events, it'll eventually become untenable even for someone with my playing style.

At least the Scout ones have an OR, which if you have buildings to upgrade, is much faster than scouting for many players. But the Complete Provinces not having an OR at all, when they have in past events, is really pointless. Unless these were put in there to make sure players do not end up with five or six maxed out Paradises.

DeletedUser20951

At least the Scout ones have an OR, which if you have buildings to upgrade, is much faster than scouting for many players. But the Complete Provinces not having an OR at all, when they have in past events, is really pointless.
Very true. I've been doing some of the scouting quests so I have available provinces for completion, but having no recourse for finishing up provinces was a strange decision by the devs, which was either poorly thought out or hamfistedly chosen to handicap players.