• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event tips for newbies

Gladiola

I am a new player in chapter 2 (about halfway through the chapter, about the start researching the t2 buildings), and I am excited about taking part in my first event in Elvenar. I have been reading about the event quests, and I have questions about how I can effectively complete some of the quests as a newer player. I realize that maybe I won't be able to complete all of them, but I want to do as much as I can.

I am interested in general tips, and I also have some specific questions.

1) Ideas for gaining large amounts of spell fragments. I have leveled my magic academy to level 4 using the free diamonds I got from the game so I get about 50 spell fragments from PP spells and 100 from MM spells, but I don't get enough of these to add up to many spell fragments. (Plus I will need them in the use enchantments quest.) I can't do the Spire yet. I don't want to disenchant the Ancient Knowledge instants that I got from the tourney, although I guess I could if I had to. Any other suggestions?

2) Gaining Combining Catalysts. I can make them in my Magic Academy, but I've already made 5 or 6 and I'm down to my last 3 planks and gems relics with no tourney coming up anytime soon. (My CCs take planks, silk, and gems.) I will probably complete one or two planks and gems provinces over the course of the event as I complete other quests and just grow naturally. Are there any other sources of CCs since I can't do Spire? (Which I probably will be able to do about halfway through the event.)

Other than those specific problems all the quests look like they have alternatives that would be possible for me to complete. I would like general tips or suggestions for things I might be overlooking!

Sprite1313

First, I would say don’t disenchant items, if you can avoid it, unless you are confident you won’t need them later. You are definitely going to win a lot of enchantments if you keep going through the tournament, but you might still find yourself wishing you had those spells at some point. I made that mistake early in game and regretted it. If you have gotten into a good FS with some higher level players, they can probably help you with some lopsided trades so that you can negotiate and/or fight at least the first stage of the spire, once you open it at the beginning of chapter three. That should get you some spell fragments. The good news is that it looks like most of the quests give you an option to get around the spell fragments. It looks like quest 20 is the first one you can’t avoid.

You can also try to craft some of the moonstone buildings in your MA, if they come up. It’s an investment in CCs and spell fragments, so I don’t know if you will have enough to do that yet (and I have a complete set, so it doesn’t show up in my crafting recipes), but will then be a steady source of spell fragments and CCs.

Take your time getting through the quests in the event. A lot of us rush through to catch up with the dailies early, but you don’t really need to.

I joined the game in the middle of an event, and ended up way over scouting to try to complete tasks. I didn’t know any better, and ended up with very hard engagements in all of my provinces. Ouch!

Just take your time, do what you can, and reap the rewards of good buildings to boost your population and culture and help your city grow.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
- Scout a few provinces before the event, but don't complete them. Those "Gain # Relics" quests are a pain for baby cities and there are a lot of them. The best place to get relics is in tournament, but small cities usually don't have that many provinces available. You'll run out of tourney tents doing the "Solve # Tournament Encounters" and then would need to get relics crafting or solving province encounters. Those Gain 12 Relic quests are brutal for small cities!
- Do the tournaments. Fragging those handshake enchantments do add up, as pitiful as they are.
- Speed up to Chapter 3 but then slow down once you get there to build your foundation (go to crazy town with your T1 boosted). That is the cheapest Spire you will see. Run it high and run it often often! Go get them diamonds and blue roof buildings!

Crow Last Elf

Keep in mind all the possible bonuses from neighbourly help like spells and relics. If I visit twice or more in the 24 hr cycle, I look to see which quests I'll complete during the cycle and if the bonuses help, I'll wait to give help then.

Rp44

I completed the last event with a city that opened the spire toward the end of the event. It is doable, though I certainly had to pay more attention to it than my other cities. I was fortunate enough to start my city at the beginning of the 9 week tourney cycle and right before the last event started, so I had enough relics to craft CCs for the quests. Your higher level MA is the best leg up you could give yourself.

Some of these are repeats from tips already given.

*The bigger the event building, the more spell fragments it will give you. You will outgrow the buildings you win now very quickly, so disenchanting them for spell fragments to help gain other things your city will use is not a bad plan.

*If you can, catch every MA recipe cycle. Your CC relics might come up, and can do you double duty by helping fulfill a relic quest. Plus it is difficult to complete all the relic quests without crafting some at least once or twice.

*In my opinion, tournament encounters are much better used for relic quests than for encounter quests unless the timing doesn't work or you're only getting one relic from them. You often get more relics in higher rounds, so fit in as many tournament rounds as you can.

*I know it is painful, but if you have to disenchant an instant, even an AW KP instant, do it. You will win some of them in the event too. But in a small city I always go for the culture spells to disenchant first if I don't have a building.

*I admit I haven't looked at the event chests yet, but if you win an enchantment from a chest it counts toward a collect enchantment quest. So do the spells you can get from neighborly help and the ones you receive as rewards at the end of the tournament.

*And/or quests can be life savers, especially the encounter ones, since it means you can do some of each type to complete them. But make sure it says "and/or" because some in the past have just been "or"

*Know when your wholesaler resets. "Accept 3 trades from the wholesaler" can get pricey quickly, but since the price resets at the same time every day you can do one or two and then wait for the reset to do the next.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You can also always see the current or upcoming event info in my signature to help plan quests and pick prizes you may wish to save currency for.
Note: They changed the order around for the daily prizes this event, so while the prizes are likely the same you'll have to keep checking your city to see when.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Don't do what I just did. I forgot to look at the quest list, and I had a quest for basic goods. I collected ALL my basic goods instead of just enough to complete the quest. The next quest was "gain 4 wooden chests" ... you guessed it. I had just collected four that I didn't need to collect for the previous quest. Make sure you get the quest list from Elvengems.com in order to avoid these things (and make sure you actually look at it, lol.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I play on Beta as well and do not use any lists for there. I do not trust the lists pulled from the data not to be changed before we see it in-game. but for Live, sure, spoiler lists are usually 100% accurate, for quests at least. lol

Boy, have they made a mess of the daily prizes so far. You would think moving one prize from day 11 to day 1 would not cause such disorder.

kriz-te

Don't do what I just did. I forgot to look at the quest list, and I had a quest for basic goods. I collected ALL my basic goods instead of just enough to complete the quest. The next quest was "gain 4 wooden chests" ... you guessed it. I had just collected four that I didn't need to collect for the previous quest. Make sure you get the quest list from Elvengems.com in order to avoid these things (and make sure you actually look at it, lol.)

Fair warning: This time TomatoHu's list was made by yours truly so any errors should be blamed on Tanqueray or Bombay;)

Grr. I read this yesterday and STILL just did this with supplies. :eek: Collected all baskets of groceries, when the first was collect 4, and the next collect 3.

I did grab a copy of that list and am enjoying using it, so far I've found the quest list accurate! If I would just check it FIRST... BEFORE collecting/strategizing the next few quests. User error. :)

Gladiola

I managed to do the collect 4 and collect 3 one correctly, but I'm stuck making combining catalysts now. I am trying to remember not to spend KP, but probably it will be tomorrow before I can do the spend 12 KP quest unless I do it with AW instants.

Aritra

I managed to do the collect 4 and collect 3 one correctly, but I'm stuck making combining catalysts now. I am trying to remember not to spend KP, but probably it will be tomorrow before I can do the spend 12 KP quest unless I do it with AW instants.
AW instants are helpful for the KP quests. And it doesn't have to be in one go. For example, you can use a AK-10 instant and two singles from your KP bar. That way you're hung up less and not wasting KP by using larger instant than needed.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Grr. I read this yesterday and STILL just did this with supplies. :eek: Collected all baskets of groceries, when the first was collect 4, and the next collect 3.

I did grab a copy of that list and am enjoying using it, so far I've found the quest list accurate! If I would just check it FIRST... BEFORE collecting/strategizing the next few quests. User error. :)
I can sympathize. :(

Iyapo1

A piece of advice that is only useful to cities after chapter 4-5. When scouting provinces I leave a couple of unscouted provinces in each ring for emergency event quest completion. That way if I am backed into a corner in an event I always have a few super fast scout, cheap, and easy provinces to clear.

Iyapo1

Also I start leaving optional tech filled but not researched on the tree for the same reason. Just keep in mind some of the optional techs require guest race goods to research. So make sure you have the needed goods in inventory before you sell the portal and move on.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Also I start leaving optional tech filled but not researched on the tree for the same reason.
I need so many blueprints and royal restorations that I’m crawling through the chapter on purpose. I’m only unlocking techs when the bossy event quest lady tells me she wants some research done. Also only clearing provinces when she tells me too.

Event shantytowns are also helpful. Even small cities have nook and cranny space to cram in level 1 marbles/planks for those wooden figurines type quests. Level 1 workshops need more space, but are helpful for fulfilling your grocery needs. Even if you can only jam in two or three of these, it speed things along and also don’t tie up your main workshops on groceries during the day or main manus on 9hr builds. Beware of fat finger misclicks though, but that’ll just prep you for the FA to come.

Gladiola

@crackie, I have been trying to always have one tech filled but uncompleted (whenever it is possible), and I have an optional tech that is almost filled. I have been completing the researches to move forward because I want to get the event buildings in the next higher chapter, but after this I am going to slow down again and start putting kp into AWs (mine and others). Or I think I might. The call of the Superior Residences research is strong!