• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Expansions

Make a set fee on expansions?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser6547

Instead of the ever rising fee for each expansion, can we get a fixed price instead of upping it each time? Seriously not everyone who buys owns a cash tree in their living room to recharge the credit card. Its like saying this expansion has all the same features as that one and your SOL its still a 5x5 when your very first one cost you only a mere 200 diamonds. I would possibly buy much more diamonds on a fixed rate for expansions.

HJK84

Doubtful.

I believe it used to be much less.
But Devs. realized, the higher your city progress' the more you want Expansions. And so the Prem. Expansion prices went sky high.

The more you want something you "desperately" need, the higher the price will be. And I say "desperately", cause you don't necessarily need more expansions, specially the Premiums. Most people do without them, and they do quite well... ;)

And of course the more you progress, the more important Expansions are, saying they're all 5x5 so they're all the same isn't quite correct.

Gath Of Baal

If I remember right, when I first started the game the expansions were like 50 diamonds for the first 4-5 of them, then they jumped up to like 100 or so for the next 4-5 of them, Or maybe they could have been a little more, I got a bad memory, but they were not even close to the current expansion prices

I guess that's one advantage of starting the game at the beginning, before Inno realized they could make more money off of them. I think its funny to see the little pop up window when you log on that advertises %10 off expansions :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
your very first one cost you only a mere 200 diamonds.
450, not 200.
If I remember right, when I first started the game the expansions were like 50 diamonds for the first 4-5 of them, then they jumped up to like 100 or so for the next 4-5 of them, Or maybe they could have been a little more, I got a bad memory,
Bad memory indeed.:p They were never that cheap. Never less than 400 iirc
I know for sure that the 50 starting diamonds plus the 100 diamonds for registering your email was not enough to buy one.
They capped out at 2,000 per though.

EDIT:
source:https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions&diff=7601&oldid=7340

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

Bad memory indeed.:p They were never that cheap. Never less than 400 iirc
I know for sure that the 50 starting diamonds plus the 100 diamonds for registering your email was not enough to buy one.
They capped out at 2,000 per though.

Yeah it seems my memory is worse then I first thought :) It has been awhile and I took a guess and assumed my guess was pretty close to the original price, but WoW, I wasn't even in the ball park lol.. That will teach me to never Guesume .. I made a new word :p

juniperknome

at $10a piece I would probably buy a complete row of expansions but do they really believe people will pay $40 each and I am not near the top price.

HJK84

I'll try to clear it up for many of you who have different thoughts.

There's a ton of people who have bought all Premium Expansions and they're begging Devs to add more, so they can buy more ;)

Just cause we can't afford it or don't feel like spending on such a thing, doesn't mean others are the same.
No judgement on them or anyone else :)

DeletedUser3122

Right now, an expansion for me is 4300 diamonds. Without the discount, anywhere from 5-100% at times (it's 30% right now), that's roughly €45, or maybe $50. And the price is ever-increasing. A 5 star game that takes enormous amounts of actual responsive development, is around $60 for unlimited gameplay. I don't get how it costs them this much to develop the little that they do, and they are not always responsive to the needs of players.

But what I find even worse is I have to live with the amount of expansions I have unless I want to use diamonds. They gave us 1 expansion with the tech tree in the Amuni, but no additional to earn. That means they literally added in exclusively 12 more diamond expansions.

I mean, wth?

HJK84

Right now, an expansion for me is 4300 diamonds. Without the discount, anywhere from 5-100% at times (it's 30% right now), that's roughly €45, or maybe $50. And the price is ever-increasing. A 5 star game that takes enormous amounts of actual responsive development, is around $60 for unlimited gameplay. I don't get how it costs them this much to develop the little that they do, and they are not always responsive to the needs of players.

But what I find even worse is I have to live with the amount of expansions I have unless I want to use diamonds. They gave us 1 expansion with the tech tree in the Amuni, but no additional to earn. That means they literally added in exclusively 12 more diamond expansions.

I mean, wth?

There are ways... I've been able to purchase a few Prem. Expansion via Wishing Wells.
Yes, it's more tedious.
Yes you need to aim for Wishing Well during events to get as much as possible.
Yes luck has to do with it.
Yes it's not easy.
Yes it might slow down city growth.
Etc.
Etc..
BUT there are ways to get it done ;)

SoggyShorts

What? Do you have an army of wishing wells? 10 diamonds randomly, not even daily, per wishing well, you know how long it would take me to get 4300 diamonds? Longer than the production time of each well....
At the 4300+ level it doesn't work as well (ha pun!)
You could start 6 baby cities on other worlds and get them to a place where they can complete the next major event , and then use them as diamonds farms.
6 cities x 10 wells x2 collects x10 diamonds x0.1 chance x100 days = 12,000 diamonds.

DeletedUser3122

At the 4300+ level it doesn't work as well (ha pun!)
You could start 6 baby cities on other worlds and get them to a place where they can complete the next major event , and then use them as diamonds farms.
6 cities x 10 wells x2 collects x10 diamonds x0.1 chance x100 days = 12,000 diamonds.

I didn't realize people were doing such a thing. How do diamonds in each world count towards 1 expansion in 1 world? I didn't think you could cross worlds with diamonds?

SoggyShorts

I didn't realize people were doing such a thing. How do diamonds in each world count towards 1 expansion in 1 world? I didn't think you could cross worlds with diamonds?
Diamonds are shared across all worlds on a single server.
for example US2(Winyandor) and US 4(Khelonaar) share diamonds, but EN1 (international/English server) does not

You could also take 6 other cities up to chapter 6 and use the 400 diamond rewards on your main account (this is why diamond rewards start in chapter 6 not chapter 1)

HJK84

What? Do you have an army of wishing wells? 10 diamonds randomly, not even daily, per wishing well, you know how long it would take me to get 4300 diamonds? Longer than the production time of each well....

Yes? Here's a thread for 1st time they came around; https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/wishing-well-tallys.16681/

And 2nd time they came around, right now, I've got another 16.
To date with 1 city, and not using @SoggyShorts tricks, I've made over 3.5k :diamond:

With the time on my hands, I could've easily had different worlds and made more. But no thank you, lol :confused: