• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Extended Trading using fellowship Chat

DeletedUser2753

After a year of play I discovered the obvious and decided to share this. You may do this already but i have never seen it discussed.
You can expand your trading options with the help of your fellowship. Since now we have been moved this is even better. Post in fellowship chat what you need, and others in chat can look in their trader, and since they will have a different neighborhood the total number of possible trades found is amazing. You then agree to do a buy and sell. its simple and if you can pick a time to be together, then you could have 4, 5, 10 people looking at hundreds of possible trades. I sent this message to both my fellowships:

trading.jpg

DeletedUser2870

:)
I already am a banker for my fellowship. I regularly trade for stuff I don't need myself, in amounts I don't need, so I can pass it on to my fellowship-members.

Calenmir

OMG! Me too! I love doing it too, it is great way yo pass the time. I don't need the goods, but our FS is a lot of 'newer' players. Cities aren't fancy, roads are still the dirt roads and some haven't even gotten T2 goods. The one thing I do have is three really terrific neighbors and two that have discovered me (though I haven't found them yet). They will help me with anything, one even contacted me during the Wonky event to help me with the trades. Anyway, I'll do just about anything for them (when they stick out trades I can help with). Sometimes the trades are low numbers and I will grab those and then retrade to someone else to get what they have so I can then give that to my FS. But also a bigger part of the time, the trades are for huge amounts, which clearly aren't directed at me. I think they do the small ones on purpose sometimes. But my point is, since I rambled unnecessarily, that I'll make multiple trades to get what my FS needs, because it beats sitting there doing nothing.

I know I didn't invent it but it really is a lot of fun to make those trades work out for everyone.

Spending time here has really helped me

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Our whole fellowship is without any neighbors that have marble. Total garbage. Except one lowly chapter 2 player that joined us. Yesterday we fed her 150,000 planks and steel via 4:1 trades and she turned it all into marble in a couple hours. Marble Mule FTW!

. I think they do the small ones on purpose sometimes.
We have a system in my FS where we add a "1" to trades we don't actually care about. For example I'll be put up a bunch of 5,000:5,000 trades that I want, and then a few 101:101 and 301:301 trades. The "01" stuff is for anyone who wants it, but ONLY if it helps them, they aren't for my benefit =)

Calenmir

Well my group can't trade in numbers like that, lol, and we also worry about trades disappearing when there is a real need because we are all newish. Now when I do have a need I ask for a fair trade from my FS, but otherwise I'm happy to accept the one star from them because I know they will help me in return. Though my good neighbors have helped before. I don't know if it is help or need by them, but I like to think they are trying to help.

I consider any trade out there fair game, but I'm not trying to stock pile, I'm simply trying to help. If they ask for 1000 steel and I have it, then I'll trade them for it. I have no way of knowing if that trade is new or several hours old - or if it's directed at someone else, I just see someone with a need I can fill and with the knowledge that they have helped me when i needed it, so I return the favor. Or at least I always thought it was a favor.

But mostly I love the game of trying to make those trades work for the biggest amount of people.

DeletedUser4818

I am looking to see if there is any talk out there about "just fellowship" trades. In short I would like to know if there is a way I can post to my fellowship first and after a said time lapse it opens up to all trades. At times I posted trades (i.e. 1 scrolls for 2 marble) for someone in need in my fellowship, only to have them sniped. It is not much of a problem as an inconvenience. My junior fellows needs it to advance and someone with a <1k snipes.
If anyone has a suggestion as to where I can look please message me :)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I am looking to see if there is any talk out there about "just fellowship" trades. In short I would like to know if there is a way I can post to my fellowship first and after a said time lapse it opens up to all trades. At times I posted trades (i.e. 1 scrolls for 2 marble) for someone in need in my fellowship, only to have them sniped. It is not much of a problem as an inconvenience. My junior fellows needs it to advance and someone with a <1k snipes.
If anyone has a suggestion as to where I can look please message me :)

The best way to do this is to get the other (needing member) to post a less than 2 star trade, that you then take. Few will take a trade that is less than 2 stars and if they do they are helping out anyway so its all good.

As to the original idea posted by the OP, this is a good idea if you can get your fellowship together to do it!!

Last edited: